• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then check with MLB Network , that is where I got that stat.
Pirates win again! unbelieveable
10 in a row, WOW!

I'm just gonna enjoy this and their hot bats while I can *knock on wood!!!*

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen.

Starting rotation combined ERA 3.50 (4th in MLB)

They’ve scored 512 runs (3rd in MLB)

Run diff of +84 through 99 gives a pythag record of 58-41 (17 games over .500)

Last season, the Nationals rotation pitched 973 innings which led MLB. Still, their bullpen pitched 32.7% of the teams’ total innings. The notion that “with a good starting rotation you shouldn't have to depend too much on a bad bullpen” over the course of a 162 game season is ridiculous.

Slinky, I think a lot of the contenders are going to be focusing on adding good relief pitching before the trading deadline. They certainly won't be looking for good relief pitching from my Cardinals though because our bullpen sucks.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 in a row, WOW!

I'm just gonna enjoy this and their hot bats while I can *knock on wood!!!*

Ewa PGH Fan, I've always cheered for the underdog when my team is not involved. If the Pirates continue to surprise I might be jumping all over their bandwagon since I dislike the Cubs so much.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewa PGH Fan, I've always cheered for the underdog when my team is not involved. If the Pirates continue to surprise I might be jumping all over their bandwagon since I dislike the Cubs so much.
I'm with you. I hate the Cubs too.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky, I think a lot of the contenders are going to be focusing on adding good relief pitching before the trading deadline. They certainly won't be looking for good relief pitching from my Cardinals though because our bullpen sucks.

Indians acquired Padres closer Brad Hand and rookie reliever Adam Cimber during the ASB. Andrew Miller is on a minor league rehab stint right now.

Not sure if those additions will be enough, but they can't hurt.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians acquired Padres closer Brad Hand and rookie reliever Adam Cimber during the ASB. Andrew Miller is on a minor league rehab stint right now.

Not sure if those additions will be enough, but they can't hurt.

Slinky, I had almost forgotten about Andrew Miller. Is he fully healed and when is he expected back?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky, I had almost forgotten about Andrew Miller. Is he fully healed and when is he expected back?

I have no idea if he's fully healed now, or if he'll ever be. I do know he's pitching in AA tonight, so I would expect him to be back within a week or less.

They need to put Kluber on the DL. Let him get healthy.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. I hate the Cubs too.

Ewa PGH Fan, With the Pirates on a great winning streak and with the trading deadline approaching do you think the Pirates will be spending to acquire another player or two?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if he's fully healed now, or if he'll ever be. I do know he's pitching in AA tonight, so I would expect him to be back within a week or less.

They need to put Kluber on the DL. Let him get healthy.

Slinky, What is actually wrong with Kluber? He has proven himself to be one of the best pitchers in all of MLB when he is on his game.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky, What is actually wrong with Kluber? He has proven himself to be one of the best pitchers in all of MLB when he is on his game.

He's had recurring back issues over the last couple years. He was on the DL for it last year, and then I'm pretty sure that's why he got shelled in the postseason last year, but he wouldn't admit it.

If I was them, I'd shut him down for most of August and let him have a few starts to get back to fighting shape before the postseason.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewa PGH Fan, With the Pirates on a great winning streak and with the trading deadline approaching do you think the Pirates will be spending to acquire another player or two?
Probably not. Pirates never spend big bucks so it will be small additions, if they continue to win *knock on wood*. It might keep some guys on the team that might've been moved by the trading deadline though.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had recurring back issues over the last couple years. He was on the DL for it last year, and then I'm pretty sure that's why he got shelled in the postseason last year, but he wouldn't admit it.

If I was them, I'd shut him down for most of August and let him have a few starts to get back to fighting shape before the postseason.

I agree with your suggestion about Kluber since no team in the AL Central is threatening the Indians right now.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. Pirates never spend big bucks so it will be small additions, if they continue to win *knock on wood*. It might keep some guys on the team that might've been moved by the trading deadline though.

I hear you. When the trading deadline nears all teams that are at or near .500 face the decision on whether they will be buyers, sellers, or just keep what they have and your Pirates are doing pretty well lately with what they have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pirates outfield is on fire this month.

Last edited: