• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Team & Cap Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter his contract when regarding his talent.

He's probably our second best player right now behind Sano with Buxton forcing Dozier to bat 2nd. His contract has always been awful lol.

And on berrios idk...he's over 150 innings but God he would be nice to throw at teams at least out of the pen.

I think if they dont go on a 5 game losing streak before Tuesday we have to bring him up.

.269/.335/.717 is not good. The only thing saving him for me is he's doing amazing with RISP and he's a lefty bat otherwise he's useless... Lets hope the hitting with runners on continues...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about instead of posting rankings on players, we do it by groupings, and instead of 1-15 points, make it 1-8 if there are 8 teams.

Example:

Football
Run Offense
Run Defense
Pass Offense
Pass Defense
Overall Team/scheme fit

If there are 8 teams, vote 1-8 on specific areas, best to worst. Still play head to head, point total is tiebreaker

For baseball, maybe

Speed
Power Hitting
Average OBP
IF D
OF D
Catcher D
Starting pitching
Bullpen
Righty/Lefty balance

I LOVE THIS BUT... Will people always have the time to look that deep into their voting and would the scores carry over so we really wouldnt need to vote we just rank all the teams because obviously we cant change our scores. whoever ranks highest wins and in the event of a tie we vote?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they dont go on a 5 game losing streak before Tuesday we have to bring him up.

.269/.335/.717 is not good. The only thing saving him for me is he's doing amazing with RISP and he's a lefty bat otherwise he's useless... Lets hope the hitting with runners on continues...

That's what I'm saying though. He hits with guys on which is huge in front of Sano. With a guy like Dozier you gotta pray the defense royally messes up twice.

Our team overall does well with RISP. But I really trust Sano and Mauer. Everyone else swings at everything.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do like that idea alot UK but it kinda takes the dramatics out of it. If we just announce 1st 2nd 3rd after we all give rankings.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE THIS BUT... Will people always have the time to look that deep into their voting and would the scores carry over so we really wouldnt need to vote we just rank all the teams because obviously we cant change our scores. whoever ranks highest wins and in the event of a tie we vote?

Not to mention we all weigh different aspects differently...

Everyone knows in baseball I love drafting my top of the order early and having great speed and great OBP there...

Maybe we can make individual rankings with our own weights in there... But I think we need dialogue...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idea for next draft... We do the whole 1 mil per AS game again as Nos suggested.

BUT here is what makes it different... We swap teams after round 12... Call it a semi partnership... The team swap is random...

Once team is swapped the new team is your team and you can do whatever to it as you want... What will make this interesting is to see what owners do in the first half of the draft knowing that they are drafting for someone else...

the prize payout will be the same as always for first,second, and third... But the money is shared between the 2 owners that drafted that team at a percentage share of 60% for the 2nd owner and 40% for the original owner

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do like that idea alot UK but it kinda takes the dramatics out of it. If we just announce 1st 2nd 3rd after we all give rankings.
Yeah, I agree with you. Maybe if everyone votes how they like, but uses some of this criteria in explaining their vote. A team with less points could beat a higher ranked team, but usually because of one huge mismatch, like MJ, Randy Moss, Magic, LT, etc

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention we all weigh different aspects differently...

Everyone knows in baseball I love drafting my top of the order early and having great speed and great OBP there...

Maybe we can make individual rankings with our own weights in there... But I think we need dialogue...

But if we all used the same scoring system why would it matter what we view as most important?

I remember I had Rickey and Cobb batting 1-2 and lost. :doh:

We could still have dialogue during and briefly after the draft not to bash other teams but to simply say why we think our team is best.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idea for next draft... We do the whole 1 mil per AS game again as Nos suggested.

BUT here is what makes it different... We swap teams after round 12... Call it a semi partnership... The team swap is random...

Once team is swapped the new team is your team and you can do whatever to it as you want... What will make this interesting is to see what owners do in the first half of the draft knowing that they are drafting for someone else...

the prize payout will be the same as always for first,second, and third... But the money is shared between the 2 owners that drafted that team at a percentage share of 60% for the 2nd owner and 40% for the original owner

I got dizzy there for a minute. If we are trading half way through my first pick is Bob Uecker :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we all used the same scoring system why would it matter what we view as most important?

I remember I had Rickey and Cobb batting 1-2 and lost. :doh:

We could still have dialogue during and briefly after the draft not to bash other teams but to simply say why we think our team is best.
I agree. We'be been looking for a couple of years, there is no perfect system. What we have now couldbe tweaked, but it's better than all the ways we tried the first 6 months

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Darryl Dawkins

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a top 5 QB lol.

Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Luck, Brady, Big Ben, Russell all better.

Romo is fighting with guys like Ryan(also chokes), Rivers, Stafford for the next tier.

I don't think Wilson is better than Romo. Wilson has the best D in the league and Lynch. That doesn't make him the better QB.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe it's been 25 years since we lost SRV...

I've been playing guitar since I was 14 and Stevie is one of the very few who still gives me goose bumps when I listen to him (Jimi and Yngwie being the others also a huge fan of David Gilmore)

Stevie is a LEGEND!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wilson is better than Romo. Wilson has the best D in the league and Lynch. That doesn't make him the better QB.

I tend to agree, Wilsons job is to not lose the game. How do the Hawks throw a dangerous pass instead of running Lynch on that last play, I will never understand that.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson also has me and you at reciever. The guy makes winning plays and does what he needs to.

Sure he had a little choke moment on the big stage but that was more a result of awful play call meets big time defensive play.

I like Russell a lot. And believe me id prefer every former badger suck as much ass as possible.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson also has me and you at reciever. The guy makes winning plays and does what he needs to.

Sure he had a little choke moment on the big stage but that was more a result of awful play call meets big time defensive play.

I like Russell a lot. And believe me id prefer every former badger suck as much ass as possible.

I wish they would suck more while they are Badgers! I actually like a few former Badgers Al Toon comes to mind okay that's all...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also threw 1,000 interceptions against the Packers but I would rather not go there :gaah::L

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so MLB draft...

$1M per All Star Appearance

$200M Cap

Take 1 player from every team, so we end up with a 30 man roster instead of 24.

After the draft everyone starting with who drafted last gets to take a player from another team, once you have had a player taken from you, you cant have another taken and people can take a player you have taken from another team. Okay I dont know where i'm going with this someone help...