• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Team & Cap Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so MLB draft...

$1M per All Star Appearance

$200M Cap

Take 1 player from every team, so we end up with a 30 man roster instead of 24.

After the draft everyone starting with who drafted last gets to take a player from another team, once you have had a player taken from you, you cant have another taken and people can take a player you have taken from another team. Okay I dont know where i'm going with this someone help...
How about instead of taking players during the draft, you are allowed to take any 2 players off any team you beat, as long as you cut two

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two? Okay I guess it's fair for everyone. Now about the rankings... Continued on the new MLB thread.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about instead of posting rankings on players, we do it by groupings, and instead of 1-15 points, make it 1-8 if there are 8 teams.

Example:

Football
Run Offense
Run Defense
Pass Offense
Pass Defense
Overall Team/scheme fit

If there are 8 teams, vote 1-8 on specific areas, best to worst. Still play head to head, point total is tiebreaker

I like these kind of rankings. They make people actually look at what kind of teams the owner is putting together - and possibly imagine how those teams would play. Sometimes just comparing the players in a position straight across won't give any indication how a team would come together. This might help people to not just look at the skill players and decide who has the best QB/WRs vs DBs.

The last two NFL drafts I have done I have focused on running game and OL/DL. Both times I have lost to undersized 3-4 defenses playing 4-3 personnel (and this last time wasn't close). Something like this may help people see how teams matchup with their strengths and weaknesses, and how that can affect the outcome of the matchup.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these kind of rankings. They make people actually look at what kind of teams the owner is putting together - and possibly imagine how those teams would play. Sometimes just comparing the players in a position straight across won't give any indication how a team would come together. This might help people to not just look at the skill players and decide who has the best QB/WRs vs DBs.

The last two NFL drafts I have done I have focused on running game and OL/DL. Both times I have lost to undersized 3-4 defenses playing 4-3 personnel (and this last time wasn't close). Something like this may help people see how teams matchup with their strengths and weaknesses, and how that can affect the outcome of the matchup.
Exactly, I think we should still vote head to head, but if everyone fills these out as tiebreakers, then we will know everyone is giving a thought out opinion on the total team matchups instead of, "they have MJ, winner"

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I think we should still vote head to head, but if everyone fills these out as tiebreakers, then we will know everyone is giving a thought out opinion on the total team matchups instead of, "they have MJ, winner"

Only thing is this is kinda leading us right back to where we were, we did rankings before and they didnt work, how do we make them work this time?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate taking players from the defeated teams. Then it all depends on who you face to get the advantage. There is little strategy. I much prefer it to be before the playoffs so you can actually use some strategy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing is this is kinda leading us right back to where we were, we did rankings before and they did'work, how do we make them work this time?
I think this type of ranking would be better than just ranking players on a 1-10 scale, but I would still rather send them to you as a tiebreaker than to use them to determine winners

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate taking players from the defeated teams. Then it all depends on who you face to get the advantage. There is little strategy. I much prefer it to be before the playoffs so you can actually use some strategy.
Yeah, but that would screw up the whole draft IMO. Lets say you took a great pitcher in the first round and then went hitter, hitter in rounds 2-3. Someone comes along and takes your ace. Now your best pitcher is your 4th rounder. Yuck

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing is this is kinda leading us right back to where we were, we did rankings before and they didnt work, how do we make them work this time?
I agree rankings are not the way to go. The only path is dialogue. We just all have to get better at not getting into spats And actually listening to each others points. That's why I think changing our votes are so important. If you have a problem with my team I should be able to address it and tell you why your reasoning might be weak

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that would screw up the whole draft IMO. Lets say you took a great pitcher in the first round and then went hitter, hitter in rounds 2-3. Someone comes along and takes your ace. Now your best pitcher is your 4th rounder. Yuck

We can always save a particular number of players. Or designate a certain point of the draft to be redraft eligible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always save a particular number of players. Or designate a certain point of the draft to be redraft eligible.
I get what you are saying, but part of winning a draft is deciding who to go after early and who to wait on. We don't have to pull from the losing team, though I do think that would be fun. The reason I thought two players...if one person had the #1 overall, and another had the #10, then yeah, #1 is an advantage...but if you get two picks, you'd get #10 and 11 compared to someone getting #1 and 21(hypothetically) which is much more fair

I just don't like the idea of someone jacking with my draft midstream..I'd rather have more liberal trading, since each team will have 30, that seams fair