• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Pool Competition

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today I was able to secure a couple of gift cards with one being for the Broncos online store and another being for the NFL store. Both of them are $20. I thought because these were a nice gift given to me that I would share the wealth and offer up a couple of friendly competitions for the opportunity to win these! One of these games will be open to anyone who would like to join. The other though will be exclusive for Bronco fans (figure Raider fans have no need for a Bronco gift card).

So this first game is one that I have played with some friends and family in the past. The way it works is every week you will pick a winner for every game. The way you will do this is rank them from what you consider the surest bet to be correct down to that of your least sure game. The game that you think a certain team will for sure win you will start out at 16 (the most games in a week can be 16 games) and then work your way down by 1 with each game getting down to your least sure game (not every week will have 16 games so you won't always end on 1).

To give you an example of this I will start out with week 1 of this upcoming season (now please if I don't pick your team to win in this example it doesn't mean I actually think they will lose...I am just using this as an example).

So lets say I pick with my 16 (pick you are for sure the team will win)
16--Atlanta over New Orleans
15--St. Louis over Minnesota
14--Pittsburgh over Cleveland
13--Philadelphia over Jacksonville
12--NY Jets over Oakland
11--Seattle over Green Bay
10--Cincinnati over Baltimore
9--Buffalo over Chicago
8--Houston over Washington
7--Kansas City over Tennessee
6--New England over Miami
5--Carolina over Tampa Bay
4--San Francisco over Dallas
3--Denver over Indianapolis
2--Detroit over NY Giants
1--Arizona over San Diego

Now again that is not how I would actually pick those games but gives you an idea. For every pick that you get right you get those points that you associated with it. So if Atlanta beat New Orleans I get 16 points. At the end of every week I will total up everybody's points. At the end of the Regular Season the person with the most overall points will win the gift card (NFL Shop Gift Card).

Now a few rules to try and make sure this runs smoothly.

1) I need your picks in at least an hour before the first game kicks off. If you miss that window then your picks will not count for the week. Can't have somebody getting the chance to watch maybe half way through the early games then decide to make their picks. Just isn't fair. Also in this remember the weeks that there is a Thursday game. Picks for the whole week have to be in an hour before the Thursday kick off.

2) In case of a tie I will look at the bottom pick of each week and come up with a total number of times each person in the tie got that pick right considering that was what they considered the toughest game for the week. Most picks right of that wins. If there is again another tie then I keep moving up to the 2 and see if we continue to have a tie.

3) Submission of your picks can either be in the form I showed above of the Winner over the Loser with the number next to it or can be the winner bolded next to the number that you have put for that pick.

If you have any questions or concerns on this game do not hesitate to ask. Would love to get as many possible interested in this. All fans are welcome for this one. Just remember this is a Bronco board so keep that in mind with any post that you make. Please no making fun of others for their picks. You can ask why they made a certain selection but keep it friendly.

Also if you are interested in doing this game please let me know before the season starts so I can start building up a stats sheet to keep track of all this. Good Luck to all who decide to play! (Bronco fans I will post our game here in the next week or so...if you have any suggestions of a game you guys would like to play let me know otherwise I have a couple in mind)

:suds:

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like fun, CD. You can count me in.

Thanks for getting this going and ponying up for the loot. Very generous of you.

:suds:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in too. Gonna have to put some serious thought into this. I'm in the mix for a D. Ware away jersey any time now, so a GC to the Broncos store would be so sweet! Thanks for getting together cd!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds interesting. I'll give it a go!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fun, very generous of you CD! I'd love to test my prognosticating prowess against you plebeians!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in. And I agree with the others.....very cool of you to throw the prize in there cd, thanks!

Quick question: Are we to submit our picks in a private message each week or in the open forum?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in - thanks for this!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll join in. I mean someone has to be dead last don't they? :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everybody who has signed up so far! Hopefully we can get a few more to really make this a tough competition. And WizardHawk don't worry even the person who finishes last can get a participation ribbon. Can't have anybody feel like they were not a winner in some way.

BroncoInCali that is a good question. You can either PM me or post it on here. I don't care too much either way. If you are proud of your picks then just go right ahead and boast them to the world. If you would rather people not know who you picked then PM me. Probably towards the end of this when we have some of the top people close in score they might not want to reveal who they picked so we shall just have to see.

Also in this you can submit week 1 any time you want from now until the Green Bay/Seattle game. Also if you know you are going to be gone a week and won't be able to post you can post a week or two ahead or even the whole season if you don't care that injuries could change some of your picks. Just as long as they are in an hour before the first game kicks off for that week that is all I care about. Also if you do decide to pick ahead please make sure to label which week it is so I don't have to go digging trying to figure out what week you are on.

Anyway for all of you who have signed up good luck! Should be a fun season for all.

Gamer10K

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to this forum. Still any slots available for this? Missed your FF draft on Monday due to a snafu with the signup on this site, but maybe I can still get in this one?

P.S. Thanks to you and RandyMon for helping me get my login set up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamer10K you are not late to the show at all. Glad to see you join us! Just before the first game of the year make sure to get your picks into me. That goes for all on here. The NFL season is a week away so don't forget to get in your picks. I think I only have one person's picks so far. You can post them on here or PM me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so right now I only have 2 people's picks for this week. Going to PM those who haven't sent them in but just remember they have to be in an hour before the Green Bay/Seattle game here in 2 Days!! Football is back ladies and gents!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi cdumler7, I am posting my predictions on this thread... I hope that is correct?

16 - Seahawks over Green Bay
15 - Detroit over Giants
14 - Denver over Colts
13 - San Francisco over Dallas
12 - Pittsburg over Cleveland
11 - Eagles over Jaguars
10 - Saints over Falcons
9 - Bears over Bills
8 - Chiefs over Titans
7 - St. Louis over Minnesota
6 - Carolina over Tampa Bay
5 - Arizona over Chargers
4 - New England over Miami
3 - Oakland over Jets
2 - Houston over Washington
1 - Baltimore over Cincinnati

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct. You can either PM me or post them on here. I do not care. Also the format that you put them in is perfect. Anybody else making picks that is how I would like them if at all possible. Thank you guys for getting these in today. For those who haven't you have till Thursday an hour before the game starts.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here GOES:

16 - Eagles over Jaguars
15 - Seattle over GB
14 - Pittsburg over Cleveland
13 - New England over Miami
12 - Chiefs over Titans
11 - Denver over Colts
10 - Saints over Falcons
9 - Tampa over Carolina
8 - Detroit over Giants
7 - St. Louis over Minnesota
6 - Chargers over Arizona
5 - Washington over Houston
4 - Dallas over SF
3 - St. Louis over Minn.
2 - Balt. over Cinn.
1 - Jets over Oakland

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in the game that's available to anyone:

So lets say I pick with my 16 (pick you are for sure the team will win)
16--Philadelphia over Jacksonville
15--St. Louis over Minnesota
14--Pittsburgh over Cleveland
13--Chicago over Buffalo
12--New Orleans over Atlanta
11--NY Jets over Oakland
10--Seattle over Green Bay
9--Cincinnati over Baltimore
7--Kansas City over Tennessee
6--New England over Miami
5--Tampa Bay over Carolina
4--Denver over Indianapolis
3--San Francisco over Dallas
2--San Diego over Arizona
1--Detroit over NY Giants

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here we go....

16--Denver over Indianapolis (Homer. I don't care.)
15--Kansas City over Tennessee
14--Chicago over Buffalo
13--Philadelphia over Jacksonville
12--Detroit over NY Giants
11--San Francisco over Dallas
10--New England over Tampa Bay
9--Carolina over Tampa Bay
7--Pittsburgh over Cleveland
6--San Diego over Arizona
5--NY Jets over Oakland
4--New Orleans over Atlanta
3-- Seattle over Green Bay
2--Minnesota over St. Louis
1--Cincinnati over Baltimore

Gamer10K

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Picks

16 - Denver over Indianapolis (Homer. I don't care either.)
15 - Kansas City over Tennessee
14 - Buffalo over Chicago
13 - Philadelphia over Jacksonville
12 - Arizona over San Diego
11 - Baltimore over Cincinnati
10 - NY Giants over Detroit
9 - NY Jets over Oakland
8 - New England over Miami
7 - St Louis over Minnesota
6 - Dallas over San Francisco
5 - Atlanta over New Orleans
4 - Pittsburg over Cleveland