• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL launches exclusive streaming subscription service NFL+

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL launches exclusive streaming subscription service NFL+​

NFL+ -- the National Football League's exclusive streaming subscription service -- officially launches today.

With NFL+, fans can take their game on the go. NFL+ offers access to live out-of-market preseason games across all devices, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games on mobile devices, live local and national audio for every game, NFL Network shows on-demand, NFL Films archives and more.

"Today marks an important day in the history of the National Football League with the launch of NFL+," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "The passionate and dedicated football fans are the lifeblood of the NFL, and being able to reach and interact with them across multiple platforms is incredibly important to us. We look forward to continuing to grow NFL+ and deepening our relationship with fans across all ages and demographics, providing them access to a tremendous amount of NFL content, including the most valuable content in the media industry: live NFL games."

NFL+ marks the next evolution of the NFL's direct-to-consumer offering, building upon what the league developed with NFL Game Pass. With the growth of OTT, NFL+ is the NFL's commitment to bringing fans the content they want and delivering a marquee direct-to-consumer experience.

NFL+ is available in the NFL App across all app stores for $4.99/month or $39.99/year. Fans can upgrade to NFL+ Premium for $9.99/month or $79.99/year, which offers all of the features of NFL+ as well as full and condensed game replays and the All-22 Coaches Film.

Provided below is a breakdown of the NFL+ and NFL+ Premium products:

NFL+:
  • Live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet devices
  • Live out-of-market preseason games across all devices
  • Live game audio (home, away and national calls) for every game of the season
  • NFL library programming on-demand, ad-free
  • $4.99/month or $39.99/year

NFL+ Premium:
  • All features of NFL+
  • Full game replays across devices (ad-free)
  • Condensed game replays across devices (ad-free)
  • Coaches Film (ad-free)
  • $9.99/month or $79.99/year
Beginning with the Hall of Fame Game on Thursday, Aug. 4, fans can stream live NFL games on their mobile and tablet devices with NFL+.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t see anything new here. I had the NFL.com package they offered with full pre-season, season and post season some years ago, for mobile mostly. It was something like 200 bucks if I remember correctly.

Sounds more like a re-launch.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Pay more to only get local games on a fuckin' phone screen? Go to a bar wherever you are and watch what you want.

It's more for people that live in say Seattle and want to watch the Patriots every week. It's basically the old directTV Sunday NFL package only just for mobile. But of course mobile doesnt mean what it used to because you just throw it on your TV. And it costs a shit ton less.

I dont understand how anyone would but Sunday Ticket now with this offering. Probably slightly harder to switch games back and forth. But for $200 in savings a year, it would seem to be the way to go. Especially if you are really only getting Sunday Ticket mostly to watch your team every Sunday if you live out of market. It would seem it really undercuts that package.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, yes, you can share to a larger screen or TV with airplay or other apps. But, the quality of the streaming will suffer depending on data plan and because it goes through the phone.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy a decent 2nd-hand desktop, (i5 processor, 8GB RAM, HDMI out), and an HDMI lead. Then all you really need to stream is a decent internet speed.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... doesn't look like the full "sunday package". Only get to stream your local team during the regular season? Even with NFL+ premium, you only get access to game replays, not the live games.

1658857354158.png

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's more for people that live in say Seattle and want to watch the Patriots every week. It's basically the old directTV Sunday NFL package only just for mobile. But of course mobile doesnt mean what it used to because you just throw it on your TV. And it costs a shit ton less.

I dont understand how anyone would but Sunday Ticket now with this offering. Probably slightly harder to switch games back and forth. But for $200 in savings a year, it would seem to be the way to go. Especially if you are really only getting Sunday Ticket mostly to watch your team every Sunday if you live out of market. It would seem it really undercuts that package.

You only get local games so you're only able to watch what would be on TV in your area. It's just now you get the ability to watch it on your phone or tablet.

What would interest me is if you can trick it with a VPN to show games out of your market that you set your VPN's location too.

The second thing that interest me is if the above method works can you have a device or TV with Andriod TV, put the app on it with an apk, and watch it fine on the TV.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no its not unless u like watching games after they are over Only local game is live so just turn on a stinking tv:suds:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably buy it. Our antennae reception is spotty and comes in and out sometimes. Would be nice to airplay from the ipad and not have to worry. It's embarrassing AF when people are over and you have shitty reception.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only get local games so you're only able to watch what would be on TV in your area. It's just now you get the ability to watch it on your phone or tablet.

What would interest me is if you can trick it with a VPN to show games out of your market that you set your VPN's location too.

The second thing that interest me is if the above method works can you have a device or TV with Andriod TV, put the app on it with an apk, and watch it fine on the TV.
Again FOX is free on the internet to everyone for 1 hour. What you get is whatever it thinks is your local market based on your IP address. (VPNs do fool it). If your games are on FOX what you're buying is avoiding the inconvenience of changing device or IP address after the 1st hour and then changing it back after the 2nd hour. I can understand people paying $40 or $80 per year to avoid that.

Alternatively there are multiple streaming sites with hacked GamePass/FOX/CBS streams.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more for people that live in say Seattle and want to watch the Patriots every week.

I dont understand how anyone would but Sunday Ticket now with this offering.

I think you may be misunderstanding? Or perhaps I am. This only covers local and primetime games. Sunday Ticket only covers out of market games.

Or am I misunderstanding? I looked at the package and the price and was about to go all in before I realized it's only for local and primetime games which I can watch on tv.

Or am I reading that wrong?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be misunderstanding? Or perhaps I am. This only covers local and primetime games. Sunday Ticket only covers out of market games.

Or am I misunderstanding? I looked at the package and the price and was about to go all in before I realized it's only for local and primetime games which I can watch on tv.

Or am I reading that wrong?
if you are correct. Can you use a VPN to make it seem like you are local somewhere else with this package (if anyone knows)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are correct. Can you use a VPN to make it seem like you are local somewhere else with this package (if anyone knows)

Sorry dude, I have no idea. I get the Sunday ticket because I'm in SoCal and want to watch the Patriots. It's kinda stupidly expensive but it works. If there were other options to watch the Pats I'd jump all over it. This service doesn't seem to cover that.

I'm wondering if this new NFL service is stage one of replacing Sunday Ticket.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, I have no idea. I get the Sunday ticket because I'm in SoCal and want to watch the Patriots. It's kinda stupidly expensive but it works. If there were other options to watch the Pats I'd jump all over it. This service doesn't seem to cover that.

I'm wondering if this new NFL service is stage one of replacing Sunday Ticket.
i doubt it since they plan on charging apple tv 3 billion per year for the sunday ticket
another little caveat with all these apps is u need to have a tv provider (like direct tv or cable) to stream these games I know espn+ does this

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its not unless u like watching games after they are over Only local game is live so just turn on a stinking tv:suds:
No different than gamepass and I already have that. I'm used to watching recorded games and I like to watch next weeks opponent, etc.
If it's a big game and I have to watch it live, I can go to a bar.Costs me nothing since I never drink and drive.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is freaking "+" now, wtf