• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Investigating Mike Tomlin for Interference

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pocket change to head coaches making millions a year.

Both Kidd and Tomlin should get a suspension for at least one game.

On the other hand...

BB got fined 500K for Spygate but was not suspended.

How is it right to suspend Tomlin for this when you didn't suspend BB?

I think he'll get fined - and rightfully so - but no suspension. Fine to be somewhere around 100K.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought he should be suspended...I think a hefty fine is all right though. If Kidd got $50k for a timeout I think potentially stopping a TD should be $200k.

Ravens fan saying this? Shocking, sir.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand...

BB got fined 500K for Spygate but was not suspended.

How is it right to suspend Tomlin for this when you didn't suspend BB?

I think he'll get fined - and rightfully so - but no suspension. Fine to be somewhere around 100K.

Wow, you are really obsessed with the Patriots. Every single post you've made in this thread has been about the Patriots even though this has nothing to do with the Patriots and there wasn't even any mention of them in the OP. I love how we're so good you can't get us out of your head. :laugh3:

Belichick lost draft picks in lieu of a suspension. If you would rather the Steelers lose draft picks than see Tomlin get suspended, that's fine too. :thumb:

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ummmm...BB took place of the field and had no impact on that current game. Tomlin was on the field standing there. Now had the Ravens lost, or Jones got hurt, there would be bigger issues. So there is a big difference if you ask me. NOW here me out, I am NOT saying he did this on purpose. I would like to think he didn't. I actually like Tomlin as a coach.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens fan saying this? Shocking, sir.

Not really a Ravens fan (not even last year's SB where I made more if the Ravens won, was still rooting for the 49ers), been pretty vocal about their Flacco contract being hilarious and going to cause them a few years of mediocrity.

Actually now that I think of it, Steelers have always been one of my favorite teams, I love the way they are ran, I also like Tomlin. Doesn't mean what he did doesn't deserve a bunch of punishment.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a Ravens fan (not even last year's SB where I made more if the Ravens won, was still rooting for the 49ers), been pretty vocal about their Flacco contract being hilarious and going to cause them a few years of mediocrity.

Actually now that I think of it, Steelers have always been one of my favorite teams, I love the way they are ran, I also like Tomlin.

Question: do you EVER support a team?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: do you EVER support a team?

Detroit, Wolverines, Spartans, Indy are my favorites across the board. I grew up rooting for the 49ers and Steelers and I hated the Cowboys.

I actually like a lot of teams just not very strongly. I sports bet often and quite often against my teams. Ultimately, the joy of money and being right is far greater than the joy I receive if "my" team wins.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit, Wolverines, Spartans, Indy are my favorites across the board. I grew up rooting for the 49ers and Steelers and I hated the Cowboys.

I actually like a lot of teams just not very strongly. I sports bet often and quite often against my teams. Ultimately, the joy of money and being right is far greater than the joy I receive if "my" team wins.

I guess the money would be gratifying. I prefer to root for a team but I can understand the monetary aspect.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the money would be gratifying. I prefer to root for a team but I can understand the monetary aspect.

I honestly think the Lions ruined it for, I became so sick of watching other people make stupid decision after stupid decision and me supposed to support their team that they are destroying. As a fan you always get to second guess your GMs etc and with sports betting you get to say, "hey you fuck tards, you want to hire me you have my number!" ...in a really round about way :D

Also continually switching allegiances inevitably leaves you with minimal emotional connections.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you are really obsessed with the Patriots. Every single post you've made in this thread has been about the Patriots even though this has nothing to do with the Patriots and there wasn't even any mention of them in the OP. I love how we're so good you can't get us out of your head. :laugh3:

Belichick lost draft picks in lieu of a suspension. If you would rather the Steelers lose draft picks than see Tomlin get suspended, that's fine too. :thumb:

The only mention of the Pats was by her ... twice in posts 2 & 3 here. Obsessed isn't strong enough. She's just mad that her team's coach looks like a douchebag so she's trolling for all it's worth. Actually it's not unusual behavior from her. Going OT and shooting down arguments that haven't been made in the thread is one of her favorite tactics.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...I can't even pretend it was a mistake...whatever Tomlin gets he earned for that...can't say I blame him though...he saw the playoff hopes coming to an end on that play and...

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who was Al Davis head when he gave out those huge contracts to eventual busts. :rollseyes:

I have said this before, but it has been a while, I liken it to taking away the car keys from grampa before he puts the car in the ditch, unfortunately there wasn't anyone with a big enough pair to stand up to the old man and do it, and we as Raider fans are still paying for it. Btw, not all were busts, some were just toxified until they found their way out of there. Deangelo Hall comes to mind.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

On Jacoby Jones' 73-yard kick return that led to a field goal and a 16-7 lead, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was standing on the white sideline marker, his right foot on the field, when Jones came near. Tomlin had his back to the play but was able to get out of the way without interfering with Jones.

No penalty was called on the play. Jones, though, had to shift slightly to the inside to avoid Tomlin, perhaps enabling Cortez Allen to make the tackle.

"Mike Tomlin stopped us one time," said Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco. "I took some flak kind of joking around at the Super Bowl saying that I was going to run out onto the field and tackle somebody if this guy breaks it. I caught some flak for that; that's exactly what he just did. He was looking at the big screen the whole entire time. He knew where he was. He knew where Jacoby was. He pulled my move."

Tomlin said he didn't think he interfered with the return, but added that he was indeed on the field when he should have been on the sideline.

"I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron, it provides a better perspective for me," Tomlin said. "I lost my placement as he broke free and saw at the last second how close I was to the field of play.

"I do it quite often, like everybody else in the National Football League. I was wrong, I accept responsibility."

As for Jones, he saw Tomlin from yards away and wasn't sure if the two were going to collide. But he stopped short of blaming that for the tackle.

"As soon as I hit the hole and I was running down the sideline, I was looking at him the whole time like, 'Is he going to move?' " Jones said. "Literally, I was thinking, 'Is he going to move?' I just weaved out of the way. I broke my stride a little bit but I still should not have gotten caught. I would have done the same thing if I was him."

Ravens coach John Harbaugh joked about the incident after the game.

"I was wondering, did they credit him with a tackle on that?" Harbaugh said. "Hey, that stuff happens. It happens."

Read more: Steelers notebook: Tomlin plays role of his own on kick return - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

tomlin isnt trying to weasel out of it anyway..

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, it's now being reported that in addition to a fine, the steelers may lose a draft pick over the incident. i don't think this is going to end well for the steelers

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, it's now being reported that in addition to a fine, the steelers may lose a draft pick over the incident. i don't think this is going to end well for the steelers

A draft pick ? You're kidding right ?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,493.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a fine is ok but making the team lose a draft pick is taking it a little too far. I personally think he didnt do it on perpus

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think he didnt do it on perpus

Did Jason Kidd spill his drink by accident too?

If you think Tomlin didn't do it on purpose, then I am a Nigerian prince and need some money from you to help me regain my throne. Also, I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a fine is ok but making the team lose a draft pick is taking it a little too far. I personally think he didnt do it on perpus

I think he definitely did it on purpose. I don't think he was thinking clearly, though. It was a spur of the moment thing. More like 2nd degree murder as opposed to 1st degree. Like Mike, you know this is being filmed right ? :L

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is investigating Mike Tomlin for interference:

Here, let's see them at it again:

tomlin.gif

Not much to investigate, the camera has all the evidence of guilt, so it's just how much the penalty is gonna be......Should be a huge fine and at least 1 game suspension to send a message to other coaches or they will do it also if they think it will help them win.....