• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Playoff Scenarios (Not Finalized)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Playoff Picture 2018: Updated AFC, NFC Wild Card Bracket Ahead of Week 17
The Philadelphia Eagles have clinched home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. The New England Patriots are one win away from doing the same thing on the AFC side.

The Eagles (13-2) clinched that advantage when they beat the Oakland Raiders Monday night at Lincoln Financial Field. While Philadelphia struggled on offense throughout much of the second half, the Eagles broke a 10-10 tie with a late field goal and then scored a touchdown on the final play as the Raiders botched a multiple-lateral play and Philadelphia took advantage for a 19-10 triumph.

The Patriots (12-3) will clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs if they can beat an undermanned New York Jets team Sunday in Foxboro.

New England would seem to have a big advantage in that game as Tom Brady starts at quarterback while the Jets are going with Bryce Petty in place of the injured Josh McCown. New England is a 15.5-point favorite over their longtime rivals, according to OddsShark.

If the Patriots lose that game and the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3) defeat the winless Cleveland Browns, the Steelers would get the No. 1 seed. Otherwise, New England is the top seed and Pittsburgh is in the No. 2 spot in the AFC playoffs.

The AFC South champion Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5) are the No. 3 seed, while the Kansas City Chiefs (9-6) earned the AFC West title and the No. 4 seed by winning their last three games.

The two wild-card positions in the AFC have not been determined, but the Baltimore Ravens (9-6) and Tennessee Titans (8-7) are currently in the playoff structure.

Both teams are in a win-and-in situation, although the Ravens are in better shape because of their record. Baltimore hosts the Cincinnati Bengals in what could be head coach Marvin Lewis's last game with the Bengals, while Titans host the Jaguars.

Since the Jaguars are locked into their position, the Titans may not get Jacksonville's best effort. However, if Tennessee wins, the Jaguars would host the Titans in the wild-card game. If Jacksonville doesn't want to face a division opponent for the third time this season and the second week in a row, it may want to push hard to defeat Tennessee.

The Los Angeles Chargers (8-7) and Buffalo Bills (8-7) are chasing the Ravens and the Titans, and the Chargers have the edge over the Bills since Los Angeles defeated Buffalo earlier this season.

Los Angeles hosts Oakland while the Bills play the Miami Dolphins in South Florida in their season finale.

The Minnesota Vikings (12-3) host the Chicago Bears Sunday, and if Mike Zimmer's team beats Chicago, the Vikings will lock up the No. 2 seed in the NFC and have a bye in the first week of the playoffs.

The Los Angeles Rams (11-4) have clinched the NFC West title and are in line for the No. 3 seed in the playoffs, while the New Orleans Saints (11-4) have clinched a playoff spot and have the inside track on the NFC South title.

The Carolina Panthers (11-4) have also clinched a playoff spot, and they can overtake the Saints for the division crown if they beat the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans loses to Tampa Bay.

The Panthers actually have a chance to take the No. 2 seed away from the Vikings, but that would involve a series of circumstances that include the Vikings and Saints losing and Carolina winning.

The only spot that has not been decided in the NFC is the final wild-card spot. The Falcons (9-6) are holding on to that position, but the defending NFC champions will fall out of the playoff structure if they lose to the Panthers and the Seattle Seahawks (9-6) beat the Arizona Cardinals.

If that happens, the Seahawks gain the final NFC playoff spot and the Falcons will find themselves on the outside looking in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thoughts:

NFC
1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. Rams
4. Saints
5. Panthers
6. Falcons

Wild Card.......Rams beat Falcons Saints beat Panthers
Rams beat Vikings Saints beat Eagles
NFC Championship Saints beat Rams

AFC
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Jaguars
4. Chiefs
5. Ravens
6. Chargers

Wild Card Jaguars beat Chargers Chiefs beat Ravens
Jaguars beat Steelers Patriots beat Chiefs
AFC Championship Patriots beat Jaguars

Super Bowl LII Patriots beat Saints

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thoughts:

Wild Card Jaguars beat Chargers Chiefs beat Ravens
Jaguars beat Steelers Patriots beat Chiefs
AFC Championship Patriots beat Jaguars

Super Bowl LII Patriots beat Saints
Didn't see that coming:scratch:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Playoff Picture 2018: Updated AFC, NFC Wild Card Bracket Ahead of Week 17
The Philadelphia Eagles have clinched home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. The New England Patriots are one win away from doing the same thing on the AFC side.

The Eagles (13-2) clinched that advantage when they beat the Oakland Raiders Monday night at Lincoln Financial Field. While Philadelphia struggled on offense throughout much of the second half, the Eagles broke a 10-10 tie with a late field goal and then scored a touchdown on the final play as the Raiders botched a multiple-lateral play and Philadelphia took advantage for a 19-10 triumph.

The Patriots (12-3) will clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs if they can beat an undermanned New York Jets team Sunday in Foxboro.

New England would seem to have a big advantage in that game as Tom Brady starts at quarterback while the Jets are going with Bryce Petty in place of the injured Josh McCown. New England is a 15.5-point favorite over their longtime rivals, according to OddsShark.

If the Patriots lose that game and the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3) defeat the winless Cleveland Browns, the Steelers would get the No. 1 seed. Otherwise, New England is the top seed and Pittsburgh is in the No. 2 spot in the AFC playoffs.

The AFC South champion Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5) are the No. 3 seed, while the Kansas City Chiefs (9-6) earned the AFC West title and the No. 4 seed by winning their last three games.

The two wild-card positions in the AFC have not been determined, but the Baltimore Ravens (9-6) and Tennessee Titans (8-7) are currently in the playoff structure.

Both teams are in a win-and-in situation, although the Ravens are in better shape because of their record. Baltimore hosts the Cincinnati Bengals in what could be head coach Marvin Lewis's last game with the Bengals, while Titans host the Jaguars.

Since the Jaguars are locked into their position, the Titans may not get Jacksonville's best effort. However, if Tennessee wins, the Jaguars would host the Titans in the wild-card game. If Jacksonville doesn't want to face a division opponent for the third time this season and the second week in a row, it may want to push hard to defeat Tennessee.

The Los Angeles Chargers (8-7) and Buffalo Bills (8-7) are chasing the Ravens and the Titans, and the Chargers have the edge over the Bills since Los Angeles defeated Buffalo earlier this season.

Los Angeles hosts Oakland while the Bills play the Miami Dolphins in South Florida in their season finale.

The Minnesota Vikings (12-3) host the Chicago Bears Sunday, and if Mike Zimmer's team beats Chicago, the Vikings will lock up the No. 2 seed in the NFC and have a bye in the first week of the playoffs.

The Los Angeles Rams (11-4) have clinched the NFC West title and are in line for the No. 3 seed in the playoffs, while the New Orleans Saints (11-4) have clinched a playoff spot and have the inside track on the NFC South title.

The Carolina Panthers (11-4) have also clinched a playoff spot, and they can overtake the Saints for the division crown if they beat the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans loses to Tampa Bay.

The Panthers actually have a chance to take the No. 2 seed away from the Vikings, but that would involve a series of circumstances that include the Vikings and Saints losing and Carolina winning.

The only spot that has not been decided in the NFC is the final wild-card spot. The Falcons (9-6) are holding on to that position, but the defending NFC champions will fall out of the playoff structure if they lose to the Panthers and the Seattle Seahawks (9-6) beat the Arizona Cardinals.

If that happens, the Seahawks gain the final NFC playoff spot and the Falcons will find themselves on the outside looking in.

That pretty much spells it out.

FWIW...I think TN will win a close one at home and they will square off a 3rd time in the playoffs. JAX will win that one and face PIT a second time.

AFC

1. NE
2. PIT
3. JAX
4. KC
5. BAL
6. TN

WC week...JAX over TN, and KC over BAL

DIV week...PIT over JAX, and NE over KC

AFCCG...PIT over NE

NFC

1. PHI
2. MIN
3. LAR
4. NO
5. CAR
6. ATL

WC week...ATL over LAR, NO over CAR

DIV week...ATL over PHI, MIN over CAR

NFCCG...MIN over ATL

SB...PIT over MIN

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pretty much spells it out.

FWIW...I think TN will win a close one at home and they will square off a 3rd time in the playoffs. JAX will win that one and face PIT a second time.

AFC

1. NE
2. PIT
3. JAX
4. KC
5. BAL
6. TN

WC week...JAX over TN, and KC over BAL

DIV week...PIT over JAX, and NE over KC

AFCCG...PIT over NE

NFC

1. PHI
2. MIN
3. LAR
4. NO
5. CAR
6. ATL

WC week...ATL over LAR, NO over CAR

DIV week...ATL over PHI, MIN over CAR

NFCCG...MIN over ATL

SB...PIT over MIN
Agree on the seeding, my playoff predictions are different though:

Wild Card Round

Jaguars over Titans
Ravens over Chiefs
Rams over Falcons
Saints over Panthers

Divisional Round
Steelers over Jaguars
Patriots over Ravens
Saints over Eagles
Rams over Vikings

Conference Championship
Rams over Saints
Patriots over Steelers

Super Bowl
Patriots over Rams

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the seeding, my playoff predictions are different though:

Wild Card Round

Jaguars over Titans
Ravens over Chiefs
Rams over Falcons
Saints over Panthers

Divisional Round
Steelers over Jaguars
Patriots over Ravens
Saints over Eagles
Rams over Vikings

Conference Championship
Rams over Saints
Patriots over Steelers

Super Bowl
Patriots over Rams

I could see the Ravens winning that one, but they have struggled on the road and KC seems to have founf their second wind.

Obviously the Rams at home I like them but it's a warm weather city for a dome team, crowd noise won't be brutal...I like ATL's chance in that one.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate the Ravens beating the Chiefs

Chiefs have the ability, not saying it would happen, to upset the Pats

I give the Ravens zero chance of doing so

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate the Ravens beating the Chiefs

Chiefs have the ability, not saying it would happen, to upset the Pats

I give the Ravens zero chance of doing so
I am of the opposite mindset. I'll take the Chiefs again over facing the Ravens

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the opposite mindset. I'll take the Chiefs again over facing the Ravens

Eh, I think like many Pats fans, the past haunts you

This isnt those Ravens teams, their offense is really bad, and that defense is not as good as they have looked feasting on bad offenses most of the season

Getting torched by the Steelers is kinda what I would expect in Foxboro

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints will have to beat Carolina 3X in one season.

Not impossible, but very, very difficult. And I hear Cam's gettin' some supa-fly funky fresh duds for his post-game presser

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I think like many Pats fans, the past haunts you

This isnt those Ravens teams, their offense is really bad, and that defense is not as good as they have looked feasting on bad offenses most of the season

Getting torched by the Steelers is kinda what I would expect in Foxboro
Their defensive line is better at getting to the QB than our offensive line is at stopping the rush. So that's always a recipe for trouble for the Pats.

And their offense might suck, but I think the Ravens are more likely to come in and try to throw the ball instead of the "run the ball and control the clock" mentality that so many teams have. And that can cause problems.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints will have to beat Carolina 3X in one season.

Not impossible, but very, very difficult. And I hear Cam's gettin' some supa-fly funky fresh duds for his post-game presser

The Camthers continue to fly under the radar when discussing SB contenders

I expect to see Cam wearing this in the Super Bowl

L59Vkl.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defensive line is better at getting to the QB than our offensive line is at stopping the rush. So that's always a recipe for trouble for the Pats.

And their offense might suck, but I think the Ravens are more likely to come in and try to throw the ball instead of the "run the ball and control the clock" mentality that so many teams have. And that can cause problems.

It will be so Andy Reid for the ravens to win in Arrowhead, when everyone would rather see Chiefs/Pats

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be so Andy Reid for the ravens to win in Arrowhead, when everyone would rather see Chiefs/Pats

Flacco is usually good for at least one great playoff game per season, it would probably be against the Chiefs

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Patriots, here is what will happen:

Bengals beat the Ravens
Titans beat the Jaguars
Bills beat the Dolphins

Wild Card Weekend:
Bills beat the Jaguars
Titans beat the Chiefs

Divisional Round
Patriots demolish the Bills
Titans beat the Steelers

AFC Championship
Patriots demolish the Titans

Super Bowl
Patriots face Matt Ryan again and you leave until baseball season starts

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Patriots, here is what will happen:

Bengals beat the Ravens
Titans beat the Jaguars
Bills beat the Dolphins

Wild Card Weekend:
Bills beat the Jaguars
Titans beat the Chiefs

Divisional Round
Patriots demolish the Bills
Titans beat the Steelers

AFC Championship
Patriots demolish the Titans

Super Bowl
Patriots face Matt Ryan again and you leave until baseball season starts

LMAO

Post of the Year

The only part you got wrong was the last line

if the Pats win the SB period, you wont see me till the baseball season starts

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

Post of the Year

The only part you got wrong was the last line

if the Pats win the SB period, you wont see me till the baseball season starts
Oh that wasn't exclusive to just Matt Ryan being there. I just know how you feel about the Falcons in the Super Bowl again.

What hurt more, watching the Falcons blow that lead? Or the Yankees losing Game 7?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that wasn't exclusive to just Matt Ryan being there. I just know how you feel about the Falcons in the Super Bowl again.

What hurt more, watching the Falcons blow that lead? Or the Yankees losing Game 7?

Yankees always tops in any sport, but Ill say in that scenario, Falcons may have sucked more cause after game 6, its as if my mind had completely expected and accepted we were losing Game 7...I dont know a real Yankee fan that felt good about our chances that night....Asking CC to do it again was too much to ask, and we knew it

It felt in a way like 2004 vs Boston, we all knew the Yankees had to win Game 6 vs the Red Sox.......Game 7 in NY was a funeral before the death even occurred, everyone knew we lost that series

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees always tops in any sport, but Ill say in that scenario, Falcons may have sucked more cause after game 6, its as if my mind had completely expected and accepted we were losing Game 7...I dont know a real Yankee fan that felt good about our chances that night....Asking CC to do it again was too much to ask, and we knew it

It felt in a way like 2004 vs Boston, we all knew the Yankees had to win Game 6 vs the Red Sox.......Game 7 in NY was a funeral before the death even occurred, everyone knew we lost that series

I remember spike lee being interviewed before game 7 "I'm nervous. I ain't even gonna front. I'm nervous."