• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next game Wisconsin

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did it

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO FORK LUCKIEST WIN IN SCHOOL HISTORY BUT WILL TAKE IT IM NOT TALKING TO ANY BADGER FANS I RAN AROUND THE STADIUM ASU CHANTS AFTER AMAZING I WAS ASKING FOR HIGH FIVES WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a LIVID Badger fan, I just want to say that I don't hold the atrocious ending against you. You guys played a decent football game. Not great - let's be honest, both sides made some bad mistakes. You guys couldn't catch a football, and we couldn't stop that back shoulder route on the sideline. You guys had a punt snap that went 32 yards backwards, and our best quarterback is Stave. Honestly, those are all incredibly dumb mistakes and oversights, and because of them I can't honestly say either team deserved to win this game. Both teams went out there and gave it their best, though, and hopefully we all enjoyed the game. You guys have a good team - that offense has a lot of potential with all the misdirection. You guys are good fans (I'm presuming, I don't really hang out on these forums all that much).

But goddamn those refs screwed up.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ha ha ha... arizona st. should have ran the clock out on the previous possession and look what happened.. it took a brain fart from a qb to win the game ha ha ha congrats arizona st... i was pulling for ya!!!!!! and the refs didn't screw wisconsin they didn't deserve to win that game anyways.

Yeah, that QB was so stupid for thinking the ref wouldn't refuse to let him spike the ball. What was he thinking? It was perfectly reasonable to assume that after tens of thousands of football games where a ref didn't push people who were trying to spike the ball away, that this would be the one game in history where it happened. How could Stave be so stupid to not guess that he would have the simple most incompetent* ref in the history of football.

* And the term incompetent implies good faith. I'm not sure it was in good faith.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB should have spiked the ball... not just laid it on the ground like that. Spiked it would have been an incomplete pass and time would have stopped. Laying it down like that which I don't think I've ever seen anyone do before, keeps the clock running. They most likely should have been able to get another play off, but why would you just lay the ball down like that.

He kneed, dude. When you knee, that's what you do. You give the ball up and spike it. Except normally the opposing team doesn't lay on the ball. And as strange as that one, it is unheard of for a ref to refuse to let a team spike the ball as the clock ran out. They didn't spike it in the first place because they wanted to center the kick. Like they practice every week and 99% of teams would try to do there.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kneed, dude. When you knee, that's what you do. You give the ball up and spike it. Except normally the opposing team doesn't lay on the ball. And as strange as that one, it is unheard of for a ref to refuse to let a team spike the ball as the clock ran out. They didn't spike it in the first place because they wanted to center the kick. Like they practice every week and 99% of teams would try to do there.

They said on the radio that his knee never touched the ground and that it should of been a fumble.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, it was a good game. Even though we were a victim of the worst screwjob in football history, that's not your fault. Your team played great. Taylor Kelly was the much better QB. Your receivers were excellent. And honestly, your players deserved the win as much as ours. As fucked over as we were, if Graham doesn't go for passes, we likely never get a chance. I wish you guys the best, but as far as I am concerned you are 1-1.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said on the radio that his knee never touched the ground and that it should of been a fumble.

They were wrong. There's plenty of pictures. I'll post them in a minute. And even if he didn't kneel (and he indisputably did), all he needed to do was simulate a kneel. And there is no doubt he did that.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah the rule is he needs to put his knee on the ground he knows better in that situation you put the knee on the ground then give it to the official to avoid stuff like that Sutton jumped on it because he saw the knee never hit, but I agree the officials should of taken over and if it was a fumble. That would be some real bull shit if you don't actually have to put your knee on the ground.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, it was a good game. Even though we were a victim of the worst screwjob in football history, that's not your fault. Your team played great. Taylor Kelly was the much better QB. Your receivers were excellent. And honestly, your players deserved the win as much as ours. As fucked over as we were, if Graham doesn't go for passes, we likely never get a chance. I wish you guys the best, but as far as I am concerned you are 1-1.

Really we played awful and our receivers sucked we had at least 10 drops Kelly should of finished 40/51 with 2 touch downs all those dropped passes? We played awful and this was a gift.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
StaveKnee2.jpg

Pretty clear, is it not?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really we played awful and our receivers sucked we had at least 10 drops Kelly should of finished 40/51 with 2 touch downs all those dropped passes? We played awful and this was a gift.

I agree with the drops and general mistakes. If you played cleanly, you would have won. But that is about you and us. And the game, unfortunately, was decided by a mistake which had nothing to do with you or us. And that's a shame.

But if you guys get your mistakes straightened out, you definitely have the potential to be the PAC's #2 team behind Oregon. So cheers on the rest of the season. Just raealize that at best it was a terrible call that gave you the win, and at worst it was actually rigged.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the drops and general mistakes. If you played cleanly, you would have won. But that is about you and us. And the game, unfortunately, was decided by a mistake which had nothing to do with you or us. And that's a shame.

But if you guys get your mistakes straightened out, you definitely have the potential to be the PAC's #2 team behind Oregon. So cheers on the rest of the season. Just raealize that at best it was a terrible call that gave you the win, and at worst it was actually rigged.

It was rigged hopefully #3 and #87. Richard Smith and Coyle play better because I really felt bad for Kelly tonight the kid would of had monster stats if those 2 could of stepped out. Class act Wisconsin fans at the game tonight. :suds:

upyourwazzu420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bs bs bs... come on now really? the ref said... no you may not spike the balll..... what joke get alife

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah the rule is he needs to put his knee on the ground he knows better in that situation you put the knee on the ground then give it to the official to avoid stuff like that Sutton jumped on it because he saw the knee never hit, but I agree the officials should of taken over and if it was a fumble. That would be some real bull shit if you don't actually have to put your knee on the ground.

I can only find the 2012 rules, not 2013, but unless there's been a rule change this year, Rule 4, Section 1, Article 3(o): "When a ball carrier simulates placing his knee on the ground [the ball is declared dead]."

You don't have to actually hit your knee on the ground; merely making the effort is enough. It's the same thing with a slide - the ball is dead as soon as you begin to slide, not when you actually complete the sliding motion.

upyourwazzu420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you are still wrong... normally after a kneel you hand the ball to the official... you don't put it on the ground after running into ur lineman

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the tape....

I lay this on the QB...

When he takes a knee and places the ball on the turf and steps back there is 16 seconds left. That was a very strange looking play and a huge mistake on his part. He should have taken the knee and tossed the ball to the ref not leave it on the turf.

But instead he places the ball on the turf and steps back a way from it which is confusing to both ASU who thinks it is some sort of a live ball and I think the refs too.

fLDPaOV.jpg

There is 16 seconds left at this point and the clock is live.

When ASU covers the ball thinking it is live the clock is down to 12 seconds. Time moves very fast in situations like this...

ijX5SyI.jpg

Is the QB lining up his team for the spike, No he is arguing with the Ref that the ball should be down (tick tock)

tNLXN61.jpg

10 seconds...

5rkaMaT.jpg

7 seconds... This is about when he realizes he needs to spike the ball.. So he starts to line he players up....

SbLaGYo.jpg

But it is already too late. Look at the clock, it is at 3 seconds... Are they lined up, No. Even if they had been able to hike the ball at this point and spike it, the clock WOULD NOT HAVE STOPPED.

Starting in 2013, College rules say you have to spike the ball with more than 3 seconds on the clock or the time doesn't stop.

They still would have run out of time.

Clearly this whole situation would have been different if the QB had done the normal thing.... ASU couldn't have covered the ball thinking it was live, and he would not have been arguing with the ref that the ball was down and been lining his team up to spike the ball.

At that point the FB would have been assumed and ASU would have suffered another last second heartbreaking loss.

I bet you the QB never lays the ball down like that again in the future.

I can't remember seeing a QB do that before at the end of a game. Looked very strange and his knee action was very fast and hard for the defense to see.