• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Rangers(2) vs. Philadelphia Flyers(3) | ECQF

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Rangers fans always criticize Zac Rinaldo and Luke Schenn(like a certain guy on here I know that always calls Luke Schenn overrated), so why would it matter? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't - they think everyone on every other team is overrated when they never look at their own team

Who fucking cares, I think Jason Akeson and Hal Gill should be in, whether other people think that or not, I don't care anymore

Its not a bad thing to have options but I think the point is you can't just watch one or two games and pull the trumpet out on any player and kick the other to the curb. If Downie is still injured it makes it easy to put either Akeson or McGinn in there. I wouldn't have a problem with either.

As for Rinaldo he should definitely be on a short leash but in reality he had one bad game otherwise he was pretty solid for the season and was a difference maker. Every time he came on the ice it tilted the ice as the other team was shitting their pants about getting plastered. It opened things up and the next line comes out firing.

Gill looked good which is great but Schenn has been a lot better since MacDonald showed up and was a very strong hitter. If you want to wear down the rags you better have guys who can hit and I don't understand the logic of taking out all of your hitters? Especially when their ice can be controlled since you can roll 4 lines and 3 D pairings. I'm pumped!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Jason Akeson is turning some heads. Thought he was the Phantoms' best player last season. Hope he continues his point a game pace.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Jason Akeson is turning some heads. Thought he was the Phantoms' best player last season. Hope he continues his point a game pace.

I'm cool with Akeson being in but he better play some D as that's Couts lines job. Now don't get me wrong if they can not only play shut down hockey but pop a few in I'll be ecstatic! Either way if Downie is not 100% I don't want him in there in zombie mode...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with Akeson being in but he better play some D as that's Couts lines job. Now don't get me wrong if they can not only play shut down hockey but pop a few in I'll be ecstatic! Either way if Downie is not 100% I don't want him in there in zombie mode...

Akeson is undersized so that could be a defensive weakness, but he's been a +3 in 2 games played so he hasn't been a liability out there. Also hasn't taken any penalties, so that's another edge he's got on Downie.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that Downie's been 100% for quite some time but when he was that line was on fire. He added grit and scoring but.....he definitely has to stay out of the box so he's on a short leash and if guys like this don't get it then send them to the presser! I just don't think that his heads on straight right now too many concussions hopefully I'm wrong. Either way they have plenty of depth to overcome any loss.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that Downie's been 100% for quite some time but when he was that line was on fire. He added grit and scoring but.....he definitely has to stay out of the box so he's on a short leash and if guys like this don't get it then send them to the presser! I just don't think that his heads on straight right now too many concussions hopefully I'm wrong. Either way they have plenty of depth to overcome any loss.

I agree, Flyers have tremendous forward depth. Probably the best in the Eastern Conference, them and the Bruins.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this series come down to whether or not the schenn or couturier line can carry the load offensively at even strength. the first line is going to draw mcdonagh and girardi and will likely be shutdown by that, coupled with lundqvist. secondary scoring at even strength is going to be massive.

either that, or the flyers need to goad the rangers in to penalty fests where they can win the game on special teams.

if i were to pick 1 player that is most important to the flyers winning this series, it's brayden schenn.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of hot air coming out of NY about the rags depth...two 20 goal scorers??? How about 7! Now that's depth. The Flyers will score enough they just need to take care of their own end and they'll be fine. Plus pound mcdonough every time he touches the puck!!! He won't last if his shoulder is separated...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Mason's playoff record:

0-4, 4.27, .878

True, but that was with 7th seed Columbus in '09 when they faced the 2nd seeded Wings, who made it to the Cup Finals for the second straight season. He also got just two goals worth of production from his team in the first three games of that series.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, but this is a living nightmare. I hope we can just physically wear them down in the first two to three games, then have Mason return on home ice in time to take back control of the series and finish them in six or seven.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont get me wrong, i'd prefer mason, but i'm not hitting the panic button. emery has played solid in the net, the team just needs to rally around this and score some goals for him.

guess it's a good thing berube used emery so much down the stretch to keep him fresh....