• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Rangers(2) vs. Philadelphia Flyers(3) | ECQF

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just think they could use some extra creativity from akeson against the rangers. they've had such a hard time scoring against lundqvist for so long, another offensive mind could help things.

i've been very impressed with Gill, but i wouldn't be surprised or upset, if Schenn started the series. he's played pretty well this season and i think the flyers will mess with as little as possible from what worked down the stretch. i wouldn't be shocked at all if we saw:

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn/raffl.simmonds
downie.coots.read
hall.lecavalier.rinaldo

coburn.timonen
grossmann.streit
macdonald.schenn

as we've seen for the majority of the stretch run.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well deserved haha.. just glad he didn't get suspended. not sure why he felt that was necessary.

If I remember right it was in retaliation for a slash - not that this makes it completely justified.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well deserved haha.. just glad he didn't get suspended. not sure why he felt that was necessary.

He hasnt been scoring lately maybe he just got frustrated. Hope his scoring touch comes back soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right it was in retaliation for a slash - not that this makes it completely justified.

oh ya.. he wasn't the antagonist by any means.. just reacted very strongly to what looked like a pretty run of the mill, after the whistle, hack to a player in a goaltender's face.

oh well, no harm no foul.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyer fans, don't know if any of you care, but I just beat the Rangers with the Flyers on NHL 14.

Giroux had 3 assists and a goal
Vorecek had 2 goals and 1 assist
Hartnell had 1 goal

Stepan had a hat trick

Final score,
Flyers 4
Rangers 3
OT

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3: Flyers 2, Rangers 1

Doobster is the winner of all 3 games BTW

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers have more than enough scoring it's all about playing good D and staying out of the box. Also hit them to wear them down that's why Rinaldo and Luke are important. You have these guys to hit in the playoffs and make life miserable and you guys want to bench them now? I'm just concerned about Downie because if he's not healthy and ready to hit cleanly he needs to sit otherwise they've been good at times this year....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers have more than enough scoring it's all about playing good D and staying out of the box. Also hit them to wear them down that's why Rinaldo and Luke are important. You have these guys to hit in the playoffs and make life miserable and you guys want to bench them now? I'm just concerned about Downie because if he's not healthy and ready to hit cleanly he needs to sit otherwise they've been good at times this year....

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::clap:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stupidity and bad mistakes trumps their positives - Zac Rinaldo's at the point where he can't be trusted and Luke Schenn's been making some big mistakes and you can't afford that in the playoffs - guys have to be smart and not make mistakes and I'm not sure those guys can do it

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN Insider/Hockey Prospectus:

New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Key stat: Philadelphia's minus-18 even-strength goal differential
The Flyers are one of only two teams to make the postseason to have been outscored at even strength this season (Montreal is the other). With referees prone to swallowing their whistles in the playoffs, even-strength play will take on even more importance than usual. With both teams expected to have their full roster available by Game 1, expect the Rangers to make it very hard for an occasionally explosive Flyers team to get good looks at their net.

Prediction: Rangers dominate 5-on-5 play, win in six
With huge advantages for the Rangers in puck possession and goaltending, it is hard to see the Flyers keeping up when there are five skaters per side. Henrik Lundqvist started the season slowly, but finished strong with a .920 save percentage, and his past two playoff runs have included save percentages over .930. Philadelphia will be forced to rest their hopes on power-play scoring.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupidity and bad mistakes trumps their positives - Zac Rinaldo's at the point where he can't be trusted and Luke Schenn's been making some big mistakes and you can't afford that in the playoffs - guys have to be smart and not make mistakes and I'm not sure those guys can do it

If the Flyers did sit these two guys for Akeson and Gill you would hear the Rags cheering from NY to Philly. :drool:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers did sit these two guys for Akeson and Gill you would hear the Rags cheering from NY to Philly. :drool:

Yet Rangers fans always criticize Zac Rinaldo and Luke Schenn(like a certain guy on here I know that always calls Luke Schenn overrated), so why would it matter? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't - they think everyone on every other team is overrated when they never look at their own team

Who fucking cares, I think Jason Akeson and Hal Gill should be in, whether other people think that or not, I don't care anymore

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since nobody in the NHL section answered me, i'm coming in here. Not to troll, but to ask what is going on with Mason and if he's okay? They say he's suffering from whiplash and they don't know if he has a concussion yet? Any info on him or the injury? I hope he's not concussed, that's terrible.

And, Marcus, just say JD89 is the guy who says Schenn is overrated, they know it's me :laugh3: ;) but like I said, not here to troll

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since nobody in the NHL section answered me, i'm coming in here. Not to troll, but to ask what is going on with Mason and if he's okay? They say he's suffering from whiplash and they don't know if he has a concussion yet? Any info on him or the injury? I hope he's not concussed, that's terrible.

And, Marcus, just say JD89 is the guy who says Schenn is overrated, they know it's me :laugh3: ;) but like I said, not here to troll

At this point it time it appears as if it's probable that he will play,

Flyers aren't sure if Mason will play
But they're being cautious.