• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new GM thread

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milli
Million dollar question. Does Harris pour over analytics with Shen and make a decision? You'd have to think Shen had some input on the Sweat and Chase trades.

I'm assuming Shen looked at the numbers and told Harris that what these two are going to ask for probably won't match the production.

It's the big unknown.
whatever occurs in choosing a gm,magic johnson should,nt be involved.he knows jack shit about football matters.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be huge interest. But who is going to make the final decisions on GM and HC? Harris, Magic, or someone else?
Ownership group with harris having the most input.
President will be first and then GM. It could be a combo role but I am guessing harris follows the nba front office route. It could go like this.

Haris and group hire a team president.

Team president hires GM with some input from ownership...or none at all.

GM then hires assistant GM and begins to fill out other roles.

In parallel, GM hires the head coach.

Head coach fills out staff.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever occurs in choosing a gm,magic johnson should,nt be involved.he knows jack shit about football matters.
I don't trust Magic either in that role. I'm hoping the new GM creates a list of FA they want and need and Magic is the guy ringing their doorbell at 12:01.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milli
Million dollar question. Does Harris pour over analytics with Shen and make a decision? You'd have to think Shen had some input on the Sweat and Chase trades.

I'm assuming Shen looked at the numbers and told Harris that what these two are going to ask for probably won't match the production.

It's the big unknown.

Its going to be interesting.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Magic either in that role. I'm hoping the new GM creates a list of FA they want and need and Magic is the guy ringing their doorbell at 12:01.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss magic and his opinion.

He has been an important partner in the guggenheim group with the dodgers. Since he has been a minority owner, LA has been to the world series 3 times, won once and won 10 nl west titles.

Is he the sole reason, of course not. But he signed off on Andrew Friedman and that had made all the difference.

In 10 years, I have never seen magic attempt to sign a free agent or overstep his bounds. He is smart and endorses the hiring of smarter people to run the organization. Magic is exactly what we need if his success with the dodgers is a measuring stick of what he can do.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost unbelivable that Washington is an attractive destination at all for managerial talent, considering it was a wasteland for years.

Seriously, did Bruce Allen have any other option other than Washington when he signed? What about Cerrato? Did Zorn? Spurrier? Shanny?

None have been hired in the same role since they left. Same for Gruden.

The best thing The Danny ever had - the coaching staff with Shanny Sr ws in charge - was pissed away by egos and mismanagement.

It is entirely this reason as to why the commanders were stuck with the likes of Hurney and Mayhew, from the illustrious franchises of Carolina and Detriot. Even the Carolina connection is a red herring - they sucked into drafting Cam Newton, who carried that team, along with Steve Smith - to the Super Bowl.

And Detriot??!?! They have a history of squandering whatever talent they drafted, including Barry Sanders (before Mayhew's time), and Megatron, and Stafford (not before his time).

The faster this clown show can depart, the. better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss magic and his opinion.

He has been an important partner in the guggenheim group with the dodgers. Since he has been a minority owner, LA has been to the world series 3 times, won once and won 10 nl west titles.

Is he the sole reason, of course not. But he signed off on Andrew Friedman and that had made all the difference.

In 10 years, I have never seen magic attempt to sign a free agent or overstep his bounds. He is smart and endorses the hiring of smarter people to run the organization. Magic is exactly what we need if his success with the dodgers is a measuring stick of what he can do.
Well he was a horrible GM for my Lakers. Rarely came into work. Him not being there caused a riff between him and Rob Pelika(current GM). Magic traded Zubac, a very good center for two guys that washed out with the Lakers in a year.

Magic drafted Lonzo Ball over Jason Tatum. He quit during a press conference that wasn't even his, without notifying Jeanie Buss beforehand.

I could go on for hours. Magic was a train wreck as a GM.

He was the one parked outside of LeBron's house at 12:01 and did close that deal, but everyone knows his son was already enrolled in a local LA high school before FA even began.

I want Magic to be the deal closer, not the GM.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely don't need Magic, the not great basketball GM to be the GM for a football team, that's for sure. Pretty sure that owners aren't really GMs these days anyway.

I do like Magic as "the face" of the franchise though. He certainly has some star power.

In other news, the Giants are beating the Patriots. If they win, we slide up a draft slot. Niiiiiiiicccceeee! Let's go meatball Tommy!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely don't need Magic, the not great basketball GM to be the GM for a football team, that's for sure. Pretty sure that owners aren't really GMs these days anyway.

I do like Magic as "the face" of the franchise though. He certainly has some star power.

In other news, the Giants are beating the Patriots. If they win, we slide up a draft slot. Niiiiiiiicccceeee! Let's go meatball Tommy!
I thought i was the only one on tank watch. Titans beating the Panthers is a good thing. Panthers aren't winning three more games. Chicago is going to take Caleb anyway.

Giants are up, which doesn't bother me. I'm sure Patriots will go Maye. The "tank games" of the week are Arizona/LAR and Chicago/Minnesota.

Getting in front of Arizona and Chicago would be huge for us.

1. Bears (Panthers) Caleb Williams
2. Patriots Drake Maye
3. Redskins.......Harrsion Jr./stud LT/trade down

Three is the sweet spot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons are winning so we could have a big draft move up day

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7 Giants with 5 min left

Question: If the Bears take Caleb Williams, what do they do with Fields? Who trades for Fields after the Bears take Williams? Raiders? Panthers? Bucs?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7 Giants with 5 min left

Question: If the Bears take Caleb Williams, what do they do with Fields? Who trades for Fields after the Bears take Williams? Raiders? Panthers? Bucs?
Jets, Steelers, Giants, Titans, Falcons, Rams, Buccaneers. I think the asking price will be low because he will be in the final year of his rookie contract.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Titans and Falcons win so so help there

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was a horrible GM for my Lakers. Rarely came into work. Him not being there caused a riff between him and Rob Pelika(current GM). Magic traded Zubac, a very good center for two guys that washed out with the Lakers in a year.

Magic drafted Lonzo Ball over Jason Tatum. He quit during a press conference that wasn't even his, without notifying Jeanie Buss beforehand.

I could go on for hours. Magic was a train wreck as a GM.

He was the one parked outside of LeBron's house at 12:01 and did close that deal, but everyone knows his son was already enrolled in a local LA high school before FA even began.

I want Magic to be the deal closer, not the GM.
I am not sure who is saying magic will be the GM? I am certainly not.

I agree...he shouldn't be the GM at all. I am simply stating how well he has done as a minority owner with the dodgers. Those results speak for themselves.