• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new GM thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and most of all I am going to back the Harris Group.

If it was me (which means nothing) I would look into hiring Adam Peters. It's no secret I am a Kyle fan, I like Lynch and Mike Shanahan too. Since Peters has worked with Slowick and Slowick has coached on both sides of the ball he may be a good HC candidate. :2cents:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick raked us over the coals over Haskins and had no clue as to the immaturity that we put up with. He's not nearly as accomplished as others I hope they go after. Hiring a guy who's been on TV for the last decade is not my idea of progress.

I'd rather see them go with Kyle Smith if we are going to go the former Skins route.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick raked us over the coals over Haskins and had no clue as to the immaturity that we put up with. He's not nearly as accomplished as others I hope they go after. Hiring a guy who's been on TV for the last decade is not my idea of progress.

I'd rather see them go with Kyle Smith if we are going to go the former Skins route.
Just leaving no stone unturned. I'm certain at this point, they have a handful of targets in mind to interview.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and most of all I am going to back the Harris Group.

If it was me (which means nothing) I would look into hiring Adam Peters. It's no secret I am a Kyle fan, I like Lynch and Mike Shanahan too. Since Peters has worked with Slowick and Slowick has coached on both sides of the ball he may be a good HC candidate. :2cents:
Happy Thanksgiving brother!

Your scenerio would be the best possible outcome at this point.

Peters is the best available IMO. I like Ben Johnson but slowing is a miracle worker.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the next GM already an employee?

I SEE 3 internal candidates. Mayhew is already the GM In title only. Does josh give him full GM duties?

second would be Marty Hurley. He is currently head of player personnel and scouting. He has been a GM prior and has a good track record. He built the Carolina teams that had multiple playoff app as well as a superbowl.

finally, the new guy Shen. Analytics guy. Worked for Ozzie in Baltimore. Smart mofo. Undergrad MIT, masters Harvard. Clearly he is, at a minimum, Harris’s plant. Is he the next GM?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt want the first two to be part of the future. They contributed either directly or indirectly to this mess.

JH is on record as saying that he’s big into analytics, but I doubt that Shen would be the straight up GM. Probably an assistant GM or advisor to the GM.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt want the first two to be part of the future. They contributed either directly or indirectly to this mess.

JH is on record as saying that he’s big into analytics, but I doubt that Shen would be the straight up GM. Probably an assistant GM or advisor to the GM.
Agree 100%

Mayhew has helped contribute to the current mess and should be dismissed. He is a yes man anyways.

Can anyone name one thing Mayhew has accomplished? I can't.

Anyone who was part of the rivera needs to be shown the door. There is literally no reason to keep any of them. Chen is clearly not part of the rivera regime.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what we need to hear.

I would love for candidates to bang down the door for this job.

I think we will get a good one!

There should be huge interest. But who is going to make the final decisions on GM and HC? Harris, Magic, or someone else?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milli
There should be huge interest. But who is going to make the final decisions on GM and HC? Harris, Magic, or someone else?
Million dollar question. Does Harris pour over analytics with Shen and make a decision? You'd have to think Shen had some input on the Sweat and Chase trades.

I'm assuming Shen looked at the numbers and told Harris that what these two are going to ask for probably won't match the production.

It's the big unknown.