• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new GM thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Keim live on YouTube right now. Said if Peters or anyone gets the job, he doesn't see Mayhew staying on.

Peters is Skins first choice.
Skins GM position is viewed as really good job around the league.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Keim live on YouTube right now. Said if Peters or anyone gets the job, he doesn't see Mayhew staying on.

Peters is Skins first choice.
Skins GM position is viewed as really good job around the league.
Exactly what I want to hear

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim cont......"shocked" if Skins don't take a QB at 2.

Jon Allen will be a very big topic. Someone within the organization told Keim they should trade him. Keim said Jon is going to want to renegotiate. Jon feels he signed a team friendly deal. Keim said he would not be shocked at all if Allen is traded.

Doesn't see McLaurin being moved. (contract)

Keim said Allen is not looking to leave. Said Allen would be on board for a two year rebuild, but the decision may not be Allen's, based on his age and contract.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim cont......

Rick Speilman's brother currently works for the Lions.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring a guy who's been on TV for the last decade is not my idea of progress.
Why is that? Note. I'm not advocating for Riddick or anyone specific. Just curious why you feel as you do about tv guys/progress.

I'd rather see them go with Kyle Smith if we are going to go the former Skins route.
I liked Kyle as well.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? Note. I'm not advocating for Riddick or anyone specific. Just curious why you feel as you do about tv guys/progress.

I liked Kyle as well.
Riddick blamed us for Haskins failing here. He was so out of touch. Most of the mainstream media has no idea what's really going on locally. They get their talking points and just go.

Look at Mike Mayock. An absolute disaster. Being a GM is a grind. I want a guy who's been doing it. Been in the trenches. Riddick has been away too long.

Look how long it took a great coach like Sean Payton to find his footing in Denver after that horrendous start.

Jmo

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade you Jon Allen for Garret Wilson to kick this new regime off. (Wilson, McClaurin, Dotson)

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim cont......"shocked" if Skins don't take a QB at 2.

Jon Allen will be a very big topic. Someone within the organization told Keim they should trade him. Keim said Jon is going to want to renegotiate. Jon feels he signed a team friendly deal. Keim said he would not be shocked at all if Allen is traded.

Doesn't see McLaurin being moved. (contract)

Keim said Allen is not looking to leave. Said Allen would be on board for a two year rebuild, but the decision may not be Allen's, based on his age and contract.
We are taking a qb at 2 for sure.

I think we need to trade Allen while he is in his prime.

We need a fresh start with this team. Allen has complained repeatedly.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen wants to go, then I’d trade him for sure. The commanders can suck with or without him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are taking a qb at 2 for sure.

I think we need to trade Allen while he is in his prime.

We need a fresh start with this team. Allen has complained repeatedly.
I'm 50/50 on that. It's tough. Allen had probably lost....what 5 or 6 games in his entire life before getting here. I do think it was in bad taste as a Captain to go on the air and basically beg for a trade.

Free Agency will tell me a lot. If they re-sign Fuller, Samuel, and Curl.......I'm probably holding on to Allen because that signals to me Harris hopes to compete as soon as Maye/Daniels is ready.

If those guys are allowed to walk and the GM doesn't replace them with high priced young talent, it means we are tearing this thing down to the studs and might as well find Allen a home.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I want to hear
Borgonzi who? :noidea:

I have been a Kyle fan since he was here. The league is full of folks off the Shanahan tree that are doing well. I think many of us would wish for similar results in Washington. Peters and Slowik would make sense.

I am not a fan of the Ravens but would be the first to tell you that they have a well run organization. I wouldn't mind a GM with McDonald as HC. That would seem to be a good plan.

This seems to be such a well run search by Josh and his guys. I think they are going to do something good for the organization.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 50/50 on that. It's tough. Allen had probably lost....what 5 or 6 games in his entire life before getting here. I do think it was in bad taste as a Captain to go on the air and basically beg for a trade.

Free Agency will tell me a lot. If they re-sign Fuller, Samuel, and Curl.......I'm probably holding on to Allen because that signals to me Harris hopes to compete as soon as Maye/Daniels is ready.

If those guys are allowed to walk and the GM doesn't replace them with high priced young talent, it means we are tearing this thing down to the studs and might as well find Allen a home.
In my mind trading better players is about getting a good return. I don't know what you think .... I am guessing a 2nd - 3rd for Allen. Who knows, Snyder would give away the farm. Maybe a new front office does better.

I think what scares me is guys who have been here 5-7 years may never recapture that drive they had when younger.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind trading better players is about getting a good return. I don't know what you think .... I am guessing a 2nd - 3rd for Allen. Who knows, Snyder would give away the farm. Maybe a new front office does better.

I think what scares me is guys who have been here 5-7 years may never recapture that drive they had when younger.
I think Leonard Williams went for a 2nd and a 4th. Allen is better than him. That was a tad too much imo though. I'm pretty sure we could get a mid 2nd and maybe a future 4th or 5th for Allen.

If the new GM really wants Caleb, I could see him being included in a trade up. DT is a huge need for Chicago.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he bring Kyle with him .... Dan is gone. :D