• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new GM thread

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but why is Cunningham considered good?

Peters I get…nothing but win, win, win.

Nevermind…I decided to look up Cunningham. Not a bad resume.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but why is Cunningham considered good?

Peters I get…nothing but win, win, win.

Nevermind…I decided to look up Cunningham. Not a bad resume.
Is there a world where:

Adam peters = President Football Operations

Ian Cunningham = GM

I doubt it, but one can hope.

Would be a promotion and pay jump for both. I say this because this is how the modern nba front office works.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a kid a couple of days before Xmas. What's under the tree???

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, was looking at Sportrac tonight and comparing it to posts on this forum:

Players to keep:
TMAC
Payne
Cosmi
Allen - trade?
Curl - pay for him?
Howell - backup?
Fuller - pay him?
Samuel - resign?

That's about it, the rest you are close to a bust or let them go ....

add - 10 draft picks
FAs -?
UDFAs - what do you have?

What are you thinking .... you only have 9 guys that you like/sort of like. Where to they get 50+ players. Asking for Adam.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFFENSE

QB: I want them to draft Daniels. I think Brissett would be the perfect mentor for him. Brissett as our week 1 starter might make a lot of sense as well. I definitely want to bring Sam back, especially if we can't retain Jacoby. Having a QB room of Jayden, Jacoby, and Sam would be the best room we've had since 2012.

RB: Robinson Jr., and Rodriguez Jr., are locks. Gibson probably gets a bigger role somewhere else, but with Ron gone, everything is up in the air roster wise. Guys who were in the doghouse might be favorites of Johnson/Slowik. It's so early. Whether AG stays or goes, a homerun hitter is needed(Lloyd USC type).

C: Draft one in the 3rd (Powers-Johnson/Van Pran) Stromberg, and maybe Gates stays on as a swing G/C.

G: Cosmi, move Wylie to LG. If that doesn't work, you cut him. I'm letting Paul and Charles go. I'm drafting a late round guard with upside (Donovan Jackson/Bebee) type, and give Risner a call in FA.

T: Lett Tackle at 36 is mandatory at this point. I probably give Lucas III at shot to start at RT. Scott showed well in what little he played and i guess Daniels is your 4th tackle. I wait to cut Leno until camp to minimize the dead cap hit.

TE: I'm trading down with my second number two pick and taking Ja'Tavion Sanders if he's there. Try to grab the Penn St. tight end Johnson in maybe the 5th round. Round out the room with Bates and Rogers.

WR: McLaurin, Dotson are locks and I give Crowder a real shot to stick. This room needs a big WR. Higgins is available in FA. If they swing and miss on a big WR in FA, you have Legette from South Carolina or even Coleman from Florida St. who could fit the bill.

Probably have to burn one of your #2s to get one of them. If that's the case you might not be able to draft Sanders and would have to add a Dalton Schultz in FA at TE. I've gon back and forth on Samuel, and see how the Lions get there players out in space, I think i want to bring Samuel back. Kaz rounds out the room? Your 6th receiver can be anyone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEFENSE

DE: I call Burns (Car) or Allen (Jax) just to see the asking price but I'm not sure I want to tie up all that money on the D Line again. Not sure Harris will want to either. Instead I get aggressive in trying to sign Huff from the Jets and or Grenard from the Texans. Huff isn't a household name but is very productive and can wreak a game for probably 70% of what Burns and Allen will cost. Draft a DE around the 4th and Henry is my third DE. Let Toohill and Smith-Williams battle it out for the last spot.

DT: Payne. If the price is right move Allen. That is legitimately a 50/50 situation. Mathis and Ridgeway round out the room. If you trade Allen for a 2nd, you spend that on his replacement.

MLB: I attack this position though FA first. This team needs a sideline to sideline green dot wearing MLB in the worst way. Queen from Baltimore is probably my #1 FA target, especially if MacDonald gets the job. Devin White from Tampa is available, but he wants to get PAID and has an injury history. If they miss in FA, draft Cooper (T A&M) Trotter Jr. or Wilson (N.C. State) in the 3rd. I wouldn't mind them doing both (Queen/draft pick). Hudson makes my roster and I sign a special teamer to round out the room.

OLB: Davis and a free agent (Van Ginkel/Luvu). Hoping Peters can find a couple of gems late in the draft here. 5th/6th round. Ford from Texas for example and another low cost FA.

CB: I have no idea what the plan for Forbes is. If they swing and miss on Jaylon Johnson and Snead, I probably circle back to Fuller on a short deal. St. Juste and Holmes make the roster, but St. Juste is my 4th corner, not my 2nd. He's a walking pass interference call at this point. Maybe a Chris Harris who is interviewing for DC jobs can fix St. Juste and Forbes, because both of them have talent. They have to sign or draft a slot corner. A true slot corner. I give Danny Johnson a shot to round out the room.

FS: Every pod Keim mentions adding a veteran here. I'll say Harris spends a little here and signs Winfield Jr. from Tampa. Forrest is the backup.

SS: Bring Curl back. Martin is the backup. My 5th safety is Reaves.

K: Slye and maybe a 7th round pick battle it out.

P: Way

LS: Addington

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEFENSE

DE: I call Burns (Car) or Allen (Jax) just to see the asking price but I'm not sure I want to tie up all that money on the D Line again. Not sure Harris will want to either. Instead I get aggressive in trying to sign Huff from the Jets and or Grenard from the Texans. Huff isn't a household name but is very productive and can wreak a game for probably 70% of what Burns and Allen will cost. Draft a DE around the 4th and Henry is my third DE. Let Toohill and Smith-Williams battle it out for the last spot.

DT: Payne. If the price is right move Allen. That is legitimately a 50/50 situation. Mathis and Ridgeway round out the room. If you trade Allen for a 2nd, you spend that on his replacement.

MLB: I attack this position though FA first. This team needs a sideline to sideline green dot wearing MLB in the worst way. Queen from Baltimore is probably my #1 FA target, especially if MacDonald gets the job. Devin White from Tampa is available, but he wants to get PAID and has an injury history. If they miss in FA, draft Cooper (T A&M) Trotter Jr. or Wilson (N.C. State) in the 3rd. I wouldn't mind them doing both (Queen/draft pick). Hudson makes my roster and I sign a special teamer to round out the room.

OLB: Davis and a free agent (Van Ginkel/Luvu). Hoping Peters can find a couple of gems late in the draft here. 5th/6th round. Ford from Texas for example and another low cost FA.

CB: I have no idea what the plan for Forbes is. If they swing and miss on Jaylon Johnson and Snead, I probably circle back to Fuller on a short deal. St. Juste and Holmes make the roster, but St. Juste is my 4th corner, not my 2nd. He's a walking pass interference call at this point. Maybe a Chris Harris who is interviewing for DC jobs can fix St. Juste and Forbes, because both of them have talent. They have to sign or draft a slot corner. A true slot corner. I give Danny Johnson a shot to round out the room.

FS: Every pod Keim mentions adding a veteran here. I'll say Harris spends a little here and signs Winfield Jr. from Tampa. Forrest is the backup.

SS: Bring Curl back. Martin is the backup. My 5th safety is Reaves.

K: Slye and maybe a 7th round pick battle it out.

P: Way

LS: Addington

I like it, if we do resign Curl I make Martin the other safety. He should be on the field more. Have Forrest as the backup. Spend on LB and DE.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, if we do resign Curl I make Martin the other safety. He should be on the field more. Have Forrest as the backup. Spend on LB and DE.
Martin really came on late. There was just so much miscommunication back there and so many blown assignments. I'm with Keim, kinda want a vet back there. If Martin can do it that's great though. Saves a lot of money to spend elsewhere like you said.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin really came on late. There was just so much miscommunication back there and so many blown assignments. I'm with Keim, kinda want a vet back there. If Martin can do it that's great though. Saves a lot of money to spend elsewhere like you said.

Curl would be the vet. IF the new defense is a 4-2-5 then Martin, Curl and Forest should not come off the field.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curl would be the vet. IF the new defense is a 4-2-5 then Martin, Curl and Forest should not come off the field.
I'm hoping the new DC places more value on the linebacker next year. Curl was out there for all those miscommunications. He's usually in the box anyway.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the new DC places more value on the linebacker next year. Curl was out there for all those miscommunications. He's usually in the box anyway.

IF its Curls fault for all the miscommunications then that is a huge problem b/c he is slated to get BIG money

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF its Curls fault for all the miscommunications then that is a huge problem b/c he is slated to get BIG money
I'd have to watch the all 22 of every game to place blame.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters said today he plans to build through the draft and use free agency to supplement. Keim on a previous pod said he doesn't see the Skins going on a shopping spree.

I wouldn't expect much from Peters in March. Looks like they are gonna slow roll this thing. I think I'm good with that.