• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Dynasty to be or not to be?

What do you want the new Dynasty to be

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my description wasn't the best you can still add players to covers byes/injuries/suspensions you just can't have active players on your bench during at game time

yea, i don't think that works in a dynasty league unless there is 32 teams... the whole reason i put it in with 32 teams is because one of my worries was that a team would own 2 QBs which would mean one team would not have a QB the whole season... that just sucks...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question on 1st downs vs %. Thinking about it sounds weird as I have never heard of it called that. Is that just the normal 1 point for 10 yards type of scoring setup? Or something different?

I don't really agree with this "simple" talk. Seems like a couple people are trying to dictate how things should be. I would rather have the league decide what's what. We need to stop having a couple people every page saying this league won't last. No place for that kind of talk at this stage of the game. When all we are doing is deciding on the rules we want to play by. Maybe we didn't need 16 different opinions but that's what we got. I don't have a issue with that either. I would rather be inclusive at that stage versus what happened with the top league. As I remember I was excluded rather swiftly with a refusal to move up a couple teams so I could be included.

I don't know what happened with the top league, so I can't comment on that. I do think you are misinterpreting Joe's point though.

The format does not matter if you have good people. Once you get those people, start with a standard scoring system and vote on changes from there.

That is my take, anyway. Does not have to be standard scoring, but I do think it helps to start with that simply to get things moving. From there, you simply decide a voting standard that you need to change a rule (I usually do 2/3 majority) and then you go from there. if things start off too crazy, then a few will probably end up dropping

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be amazed if this league gets rolling successfuilly

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i don't think that works in a dynasty league unless there is 32 teams... the whole reason i put it in with 32 teams is because one of my worries was that a team would own 2 QBs which would mean one team would not have a QB the whole season... that just sucks...

Easy fix there:

Draft a team QB, every team only gets 1.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it rude of me to say that I'm not in/out until the rules are set up?
I'll chime in on deal breakers, as I have so far, but I may not vote on every matter, if I'm ok with both options.

Not sure if I'm just being lazy, but I also don't want to slow down progress.
I think it would be more rude to say your in, then back out once the rules are decided. I say your good, for whatever that's worth

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fix there:

Draft a team QB, every team only gets 1.
its irrelevant... it aint happening...

but i do think this democratic process is a failure in fantasy... If someone just said HERE ARE THE RULES, then we would all just say whether we are in or out... there would be no debating... no fighting, and the league would just either happen or not...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be amazed if this league gets rolling successfuilly

I think something will get done eventually, but whatever happens the discussion is entertaining during a slow part of the year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my description wasn't the best you can still add players to covers byes/injuries/suspensions you just can't have active players on your bench during at game time
My question to the no bench thing. ..how does one build a dynasty, without any place to roster the future?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need to keep the dream alive if we can keep adding owners it will happen eventually i've seen 32 teamers on the larger boards

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but i do think this democratic process is a failure in fantasy... If someone just said HERE ARE THE RULES, then we would all just say whether we are in or out... there would be no debating... no fighting, and the league would just either happen or not...
If it's a dictatorship, doesn't matter what the scoring and rules are, or format. I'm out

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question to the no bench thing. ..how does one build a dynasty, without any place to roster the future?

I suppose you're right it would just be a keeper

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. The original dynasty was set up democratically. It took quite a while, with many many polls, but it went smoother than I ever thought it could.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. The original dynasty was set up democratically. It took quite a while, with many many polls, but it went smoother than I ever thought it could.

eh... it only worked because the majority wanted it standard like our redraft... Some of us wanted the league to be a little different(Smitty and me)...

Now that is not saying the league isn't great fun, just it is easy to "compromise" into standard, once you want to be different there is guaranteed arguments...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We voted down IDP in that one. Most of our issues this weekend came from the IDP discussion.

We had our moments last year and we got through them. We will figure it out for this league.