• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Dynasty to be or not to be?

What do you want the new Dynasty to be

• Total voters

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR
IDP
First Downs
Percentage scoring
Expanding off season rosters
Superflex
No Benches
Max league size
Expansion/contraction rules
anything else that has been proposed that i may have left off propose additional rules as amendments

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only one vote, and far too many options that could easily coexist, I'm not too sure what the question is going to answer

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only one vote, and far too many options that could easily coexist, I'm not too sure what the question is going to answer

Its unlimited votes

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This gives us a general idea of what perspective owners want or if they want to continue with the league at all. No sense in having 2 or 3 owners voting on polls for this league if they're going to decide they don't want to play in a league with no kickers(example) a month from now and we're down to 13 owners right before the draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am strongly against 2 proposed ideas:

Super flex is lame because it places unreasonable value on the QB position. Starting 2 QBs is a little ridiculous, IMO.

I am even more against no bench. Benches should be deeper than normal in a dynasty league to stash prospects. No bench does not even allow you to keep an injured stud and would force you to take a zero during bye weeks. That sucks. I would be out for sure if we went this route.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate all of the hard work, options and enthusiasm that has gone into planning this D2 league. Especially from Stomp and Obx who seem to have taken ownership of this endeavor.

But I also get the sense from other owners who have waivered on specific options of the D2 league, that perhaps we need to scale down the league a bit. Or as has been pointed out on other posts "keep it simple."

Here's why I say this (which includes my personal commentary):

I think it goes without saying that this forum has some of the most passionate fantasy football enthusiasts across North America. We shouldn't take that for granted. It's May and we're talking FF!!!! Pretty sure we've all been in leagues where the participation wanes, or becomes casual at some point.

I want a league with passionate owners. Period. Not necessarily rules/options. I want active owners that I know are giving it their best shot to beat me each week. That's why I wanted in. Not because of a format.

While I don't care about the format, it appears that others do. I'd rather shorten the list of options to keep the owners passionate about what they like. And this will be the strength of the league. Do you feel me?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stomp, I am going to pull back today. But do all I can to make this work starting tomorrow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am strongly against 2 proposed ideas:

Super flex is lame because it places unreasonable value on the QB position. Starting 2 QBs is a little ridiculous, IMO.

I am even more against no bench. Benches should be deeper than normal in a dynasty league to stash prospects. No bench does not even allow you to keep an injured stud and would force you to take a zero during bye weeks. That sucks. I would be out for sure if we went this route.

I just saw that the no bench thing would somehow allow you to stash bye week and injured players. Sounds too complicated though. I don't like the idea of sometimes having a bench and sometimes not.

I would want like 9 or more bench spots in a dynasty. More if it is IDP

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that the no bench thing would somehow allow you to stash bye week and injured players. Sounds too complicated though. I don't like the idea of sometimes having a bench and sometimes not.

I would want like 9 or more bench spots in a dynasty. More if it is IDP

The no bench idea comes from Milk's 32 team league. I am with you that the bench in a dynasty should be the same as the starters.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a league with passionate owners. Period. Not necessarily rules/options. I want active owners that I know are giving it their best shot to beat me each week. That's why I wanted in. Not because of a format.
Joe, can I steal this and put it as my tag line? Then, every time someone says they need a crazy rule change to keep the league "fun", I won't need to type out the same lengthy response. I say you trademark the phrase, and allow us to put it into the MBBRL constitution

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no bench idea comes from Milk's 32 team league. I am with you that the bench in a dynasty should be the same as the starters.
I was going to ask where this idea came from, it was never brought up in any if the regular discussions for the D2. Interested to see who the one vote is from, as I'm curious as to why they think that would be a good idea in a dynasty

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to ask where this idea came from, it was never brought up in any if the regular discussions for the D2. Interested to see who the one vote is from, as I'm curious as to why they think that would be a good idea in a dynasty

It was brought up, but kinda glossed over without really being discussed.

I believe this league will have different scoring than D1, but most else is going to be similar to D1.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate all of the hard work, options and enthusiasm that has gone into planning this D2 league. Especially from Stomp and Obx who seem to have taken ownership of this endeavor.

But I also get the sense from other owners who have waivered on specific options of the D2 league, that perhaps we need to scale down the league a bit. Or as has been pointed out on other posts "keep it simple."

Here's why I say this (which includes my personal commentary):

I think it goes without saying that this forum has some of the most passionate fantasy football enthusiasts across North America. We shouldn't take that for granted. It's May and we're talking FF!!!! Pretty sure we've all been in leagues where the participation wanes, or becomes casual at some point.

While I don't care about the format, it appears that others do. I'd rather shorten the list of options to keep the owners passionate about what they like. And this will be the strength of the league. Do you feel me?
Thanks Joe
that is basically all i have been trying to express
yet it would seem i ruffled feathers as i wasn't able to elaborate the same thoughts as eloquently as you

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question on 1st downs vs %. Thinking about it sounds weird as I have never heard of it called that. Is that just the normal 1 point for 10 yards type of scoring setup? Or something different?

I don't really agree with this "simple" talk. Seems like a couple people are trying to dictate how things should be. I would rather have the league decide what's what. We need to stop having a couple people every page saying this league won't last. No place for that kind of talk at this stage of the game. When all we are doing is deciding on the rules we want to play by. Maybe we didn't need 16 different opinions but that's what we got. I don't have a issue with that either. I would rather be inclusive at that stage versus what happened with the top league. As I remember I was excluded rather swiftly with a refusal to move up a couple teams so I could be included.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question on 1st downs vs %. Thinking about it sounds weird as I have never heard of it called that. Is that just the normal 1 point for 10 yards type of scoring setup? Or something different?

1st downs is if the player gets a first down he gets a bonus point whether its 1 yard or 33

Not exactly sure what the % scoring is OBX mentioned it when we were brainstorming in the other thread

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it rude of me to say that I'm not in/out until the rules are set up?
I'll chime in on deal breakers, as I have so far, but I may not vote on every matter, if I'm ok with both options.

Not sure if I'm just being lazy, but I also don't want to slow down progress.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like PPR if we do first down... and i much prefer first down over PPR and non PPR

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe my description wasn't the best you can still add players to covers byes/injuries/suspensions you just can't have active players on your bench during at game time