• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska vs. Michigan - the battle of the disappointments!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time MSU 'out-recruited' MICH...did it ever happen?
I can't imagine how good MSU would be if its annual classes were as loaded with raw talent as MICH's have been.

anyway...

Nebraska will be the next to do to Michigan what MSU did to Michigan...Lewan will be sent off the field for multiple UC penalties (in a Richie Incognito® straight jacket)...Entropy levels in Skunkbear Nation will soar.

NEBRASKA 28 - MICHIGAN 17
:suds:

Not in the recruiting era at least, it's hard to say before that. I'm sure it's happened before - especially when MSU was winning those national titles in the 50's.

Although, one could argue that with the recruits that actually stayed at MSU vs. the recruits that actually stayed at Michigan that MSU did out-recruit Michigan in some sense. Maybe not with the original class ranking but with who actually stayed at the program.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the recruiting era at least, it's hard to say before that. I'm sure it's happened before - especially when MSU was winning those national titles in the 50's.

Although, one could argue that with the recruits that actually stayed at MSU vs. the recruits that actually stayed at Michigan that MSU did out-recruit Michigan in some sense. Maybe not with the original class ranking but with who actually stayed at the program.

hey, cool...sounds like a fascinating project...look forward to reading your findings.

Quality Ingredients =/= Quality Products.​

that goes for making lasagna as well as football teams. On the other hand, I've known blue collar cooks who could transmute common produce into gastronomic wet dreams...and I've known couture chefs who could turn Pâté de foie gras into Spam. It's what you do with what you've got that matters.

Senior linebacker Denicos Allen was named the national defensive player of the week after recording nine tackles, three for loss and two sacks against Michigan. He was a three-star recruit coming out of Hamilton, Ohio. Shilique Calhoun also was just a three-star recruit as a high school senior. Cornerback Darqueze Dennard earned just two stars coming out of Georgia. All three are undeniable stars now. And all three speak to the coaching of Mark Dantonio and defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi and their ability to identify talent and craft it to fit their mold.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, cool...sounds like a fascinating project...look forward to reading your findings.

Quality Ingredients =/= Quality Products.​

that goes for making lasagna as well as football teams. On the other hand, I've known blue collar cooks who could transmute common produce into gastronomic wet dreams...and I've known couture chefs who could turn Pâté de foie gras into Spam. It's what you do with what you've got that matters.

Yes, yes we all know of three-star recruits who went on to have great college careers, heck Mike Hart was a three-star. It's hard to predict with 100% accuracy how a 17/18 year old kid will develop. But on average the five-stars do better in college (and beyond) than the three-stars and there are more five-star all-Americans than three-star. Recruiting in of itself will not translate to wins on the gridiron, but is the foundation of a successful program.

It seems those that does that downplay the importance of recruiting, can't recruit.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems those that does that downplay the importance of recruiting, can't recruit.

What's certainly evident is that recruiting well doesn't guarantee a good meal - especially if your coaches are shitty cooks.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes we all know of three-star recruits who went on to have great college careers, heck Mike Hart was a three-star. It's hard to predict with 100% accuracy how a 17/18 year old kid will develop. But on average the five-stars do better in college (and beyond) than the three-stars and there are more five-star all-Americans than three-star. Recruiting in of itself will not translate to wins on the gridiron, but is the foundation of a successful program.

Recruiting won't save you this Saturday. Prepare to be fucked every which way.

Last year isn't relevant. We hog tied you and fucked you in the ass, but it's not relevant.

This is a whole new team and they're gonna fuck you worse than last time.

Just be prepared to be fucked in the ass over and over.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quality Ingredients =/= Quality Products.

No, no, no....what I mean is that a lot of the players who committed, and signed, to Michigan either ended up never going to school here or left the team. So those highly ranked classes might actually be fairly low ranked classes. About 50% of the 2009 and 2010 classes are no longer here. So if you take out all those recruits, it's very possible that MSU ended up with more talent simply because of their 20 or so recruits, all of them stayed. And if Michigan had kept all it's recruits, maybe we'd be seeing a different Michigan team (in a better way).

Part of the battle is recruiting, another part is keeping them in school and the last part is coaching them. I suspect that if we maintained our "quality ingredients" that they would have turned into a much better product.