• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some of you baseball people’s thoughts about all the pitching injuries? I’ve never had this many pitchers going on the DL this early in the season on my fantasy teams. Really can’t remember anything close to this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some of you baseball people’s thoughts about all the pitching injuries? I’ve never had this many pitchers going on the DL this early in the season on my fantasy teams. Really can’t remember anything close to this.

Stop making pitchers throw hard as fuck spinning the fuck out of the ball from the time they are 14 years old. Teach them to actually pitch.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils playing some good baseball. 7-3 road trip. 1/2 game back and first in the MLB to 20 wins. Giants coming into Philly this weekend @msgkings322. I see they’re 14-16 and 5-5 in their last 10. What’s the scouting report? Phillies line up has been inconsistent but has recently started to warm up. Starting pitching has been the thing carrying them to 21-11. Bull pen has been feast and famine.
I mean, it's baseball, the other team I follow the terrible White Sox swept the Rays (then got swept by the Twins)

Giants I thought would be better than this but way too soon to worry. Honestly only expect 85-88 wins from them, very long season ahead, etc

Starting pitching is the strength, not a ton of runs, Soler really disappointing so far, bullpen has been bad outside of 2 guys

Philly a more obviously talented team, 2 of 3 should be the outcome to Philly but like I said, baseball

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop making pitchers throw hard as fuck spinning the fuck out of the ball from the time they are 14 years old. Teach them to actually pitch.

Move the mound back 2.5 feet so they need to focus on those things

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey

Titans supposedly signing Tyler Boyd

This trash franchise deserves a Shaq like dunking on for trading AJ brown for burks and Willis (plus extra picks to move up for Willis)

What a truly horrible franchise

This broad needs to sell to a real owner. The Adam’s stink is on her

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey

This trash franchise deserves a Shaq like dunking on for trading AJ brown for burks and Willis (plus extra picks to move up for Willis)

Never understand why teams draft a guy that excels in a certain way then try to force him into a different role. Use Burks like he was used in college, scheming ways to get the ball in his hands. Of course, his injuries have not helped.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey

I don't get this at all. They don't need a WR. They still have Hop. They overpaid Ridley. Go sign Justin Simmons and beef up that secondary. Sneed can't do it all by himself

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Little League still allow the curveball? I remember when I coached youth league baseball it was a league that didn't allow pitchers to throw the curve, but Little League did allow it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this at all. They don't need a WR. They still have Hop. They overpaid Ridley. Go sign Justin Simmons and beef up that secondary. Sneed can't do it all by himself

It definitely says they don’t need burks

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc

Here is what I think happens with ATL QB this season.

They have to start Cousins this year assuming he is healthy.

Literally no other choice. They are paying him too much, and he has to prove healthy and effective to trade him.

But…

If Penix looks like the real deal, look for an Alex Smith type trade next off season.

And Penix would be the starter heading into year 2.

By the way, my friend does think Penix is going to be really good.
Here's the thing, Lance.

At first (like everybody else) I didn't like take taking Penix (mainly because I was hoping the Raiders would select him at #13) but now? I like it.

KC is coming off a pretty bad injury and he about to be 36. If he plays in 10-12 or so games this coming season....the Falcons can play Penix and no doubt he gives them a better chance to win than Heinicke. Plus, they get to see what Penix can do.

Also, the Falcons struggled to find a QB after Ryan because they had nobody lined up to replace him. They clearly don't want to go through that again.

The Falcons went defense with the next 3 picks after Penix so it's not like they didn't address the defense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Falcons take a huge cap.gut if they trade him after 1 season?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Falcons take a huge cap.gut if they trade him after 1 season?

Yup

I believe they said 35m

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football trivia: What team holds the longest losing streak in NCAA history?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, Lance.

At first (like everybody else) I didn't like take taking Penix (mainly because I was hoping the Raiders would select him at #13) but now? I like it.

KC is coming off a pretty bad injury and he about to be 36. If he plays in 10-12 or so games this coming season....the Falcons can play Penix and no doubt he gives them a better chance to win than Heinicke. Plus, they get to see what Penix can do.

Also, the Falcons struggled to find a QB after Ryan because they had nobody lined up to replace him. They clearly don't want to go through that again.

The Falcons went defense with the next 3 picks after Penix so it's not like they didn't address the defense.

Signing a vet to a big contract and then starting a rookie isn't exactly unprecedented.

The Seahawks did that with Russell Wilson after signing Matt Flynn.

That seemed to work out just fine.

If KC can stay healthy for a season or 2, it would give Penix a chance to learn from him.