• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess jury still out on the deal.....do think a little unfair to count Anderson as took a lot more than our pick to move up to get him.

don't know much about Green. Thought Houston acquired Mixon so not sure what their plans are with Pierce. Dell looks like a hell of a find and hopefully is healthy for them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess jury still out on the deal.....do think a little unfair to count Anderson as took a lot more than our pick to move up to get him.

don't know much about Green. Thought Houston acquired Mixon so not sure what their plans are with Pierce. Dell looks like a hell of a find and hopefully is healthy for them.
Houston clearly won the deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh damn. Then what did I run across? Went back to look which site I clicked on. Didn't realize it was fbsschedules.-com. My bad.

But according chiefs-.com they do play the Browns this season.
we do play them in Cleveland but as bks mentioned schedule release coming out early Mayish.

Gotta love the NFL. A show where they pick players and another where they release the schedule might outdraw NBA playoffs in ratings. Don't mean that as a knock on the NBA either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston clearly won the deal.
OK, sport. But so far the only real add from the deal that has helped much is Dell. Took so much more than our pick to get Anderson. I guess not really fair to not count anyone for that pick for Houston but also shouldn't count Anderson.

If you mean so far? sure, Houston has won it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should still wonder as we have watson for 3 more years and who knows what 1st rounder Jeudy might do if watson can play well (and be healthy).
Jeudy had nothing to do with the Watson deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy had nothing to do with the Watson deal.
Used a 6th rounder acquired in the deal (along with a 5th) to get Jeudy.

That's cool if you don't want to include him, but then how could you include Anderson who took a lot more than an extra 5th to move up for him?

Is your "lol" because of your extreme contradiction?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, sport. But so far the only real add from the deal that has helped much is Dell. Took so much more than our pick to get Anderson.
But it doesn’t happen without the draft capital from the Watson deal. Houston shed a public embarrassment from their squad and came out the other side a much better football team. There’s no question who won this trade.
I guess not really fair to not count anyone for that pick for Houston but also shouldn't count Anderson.
You have ridiculous rules you expect the world to agree to and yet they don’t. Universally, around the National Football league, fans, players, owners, front offices, etc…can see that Houston won this deal and it’s just not close.
If you mean so far? sure, Houston has won it.
Unless there’s some sort of miraculous turn around in the game of Watson it will remain this way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used a 6th rounder acquired in the deal (along with a 5th) to get Jeudy.
Because the Browns shed more in draft capital, this isn’t really an acquisition from that deal. It was a give back to make the point system work on the trade.
That's cool if you don't want to include him, but then how could you include Anderson who took a lot more than an extra 5th to move up for him?
You can’t move up to get Anderson if you don’t have the first round pick to make it a move up. The first round pick is paramount.
Is your "lol" because of your extreme contradiction?
I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t often type “lol” as I’m not a tween girl.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it doesn’t happen without the draft capital from the Watson deal. Houston shed a public embarrassment from their squad and came out the other side a much better football team. There’s no question who won this trade.

You have ridiculous rules you expect the world to agree to and yet they don’t. Universally, around the National Football league, fans, players, owners, front offices, etc…can see that Houston won this deal and it’s just not close.

Unless there’s some sort of miraculous turn around in the game of Watson it will remain this way.
Just gonna say it's absurd to count Anderson and not Jeudy and you likely know this....it's also not in you to be an adult and simply own when your "logic" is off base.

I guess if nothing else I can appreciate you will stick to this extreme double standard.

Did ya miss where I said "so far" Houston won the deal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston clearly won the trade.

Only a Browns homer would try and deny it.
when you find such a homer you let me know.....Might be why I said SO FAR Houston has won the deal.

Just curious, though, do you also think when evaluating the trade do you also think anderson should count but not Jeudy?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna say it's absurd to count Anderson and not Jeudy and you likely know this....it's also not in you to be an adult and simply own when your "logic" is off base.

I guess if nothing else I can appreciate you will stick to this extreme double standard.

Did ya miss where I said "so far" Houston won the deal?
Anderson was a move up from an existing first from the deal. A 6th round pick is a dime a dozen level of compensation that is easily attainable for every team. That pick came back in a net loss of draft assets situation. Your attempt to equate the two is foolish.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson was a move up from an existing first from the deal. A 6th round pick is a dime a dozen level of compensation that is easily attainable for every team. That pick came back in a net loss of draft assets situation. Your attempt to equate the two is foolish.

You can say hou won the deal without dishonestly saying Anderson was part of the trade

He isn’t unless they only used picked from the watson deal to move up for him

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say hou won the deal without dishonestly saying Anderson was part of the trade

He isn’t unless they only used picked from the watson deal to move up for him
The key piece of compensation was from the Browns. They can’t move up without first having the first round pick from the Browns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed a number of other picks besides ours (including another 1st) to move up and get anderson. all we needed was an extra 5th to acquire Jeudy.

Lie, dance, spin, deflect you cannot get around this level of irrational. But I'll keep this going to see how long I can get you to entertain me as usual.