• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name the four teams that have two wins against currently ranked opponents

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do.jpg
Das riiiite

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck is that possible this late into the season
Exactly. I thought it was pretty surprising. 3 B10 schools, 1 SEC school and no one else.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LSU plays Auburn in Death Valley and wins a slobber knocker by 3. Oregon dominated Auburn for 1 half and loses in last 9 seconds. The difference between these 3 teams is small. In my homer opinion Oregon wins against either one of them in Autzen. Play tough 1 possession game on Neutral field and of course lose on the road. Point being the LSU/AUBURN game could have gone either way, just like the UO/AUBURN game.

But it didn't go either way, you lost and you've struggled against other teams that aren't very good. Auburn will wind up being a 4 loss team. just like the one you struggled to beat Saturday. I don't remember Oregon dominating anyone for a half...and I don't think anybody that votes does either. LSU played poorly against Auburn, you played well, I think the difference between LSU and Oregon is about the same as it was last time you played.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it didn't go either way, you lost and you've struggled against other teams that aren't very good. Auburn will wind up being a 4 loss team. just like the one you struggled to beat Saturday. I don't remember Oregon dominating anyone for a half...and I don't think anybody that votes does either. LSU played poorly against Auburn, you played well, I think the difference between LSU and Oregon is about the same as it was last time you played.
You don't recall the 1st half of the UO/Auburn game? Granted small sample but you have one common opponent and both games were close. For someone to say team C would dominate team A is ridiculous.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't recall the 1st half of the UO/Auburn game? Granted small sample but you have one common opponent and both games were close. For someone to say team C would dominate team A is ridiculous.

I don't recall it being dominant. In the first half these were the drives

Oregon 10 plays 74 yards - TD
Auburn 3 plays 2 yards - Punt
Oregon 10 plays 42 yards -Missed FG
Auburn 6 plays 58 yards - FG
Oregon 3 plays 75 yards - TD
Auburn 11 plays 65 yards -INT
Oregon 5 plays 18 yards - Punt
Auburn 5 plays 28 yards - Punt
Oregon 1 play -5 yards - Fumble
Auburn 4 plays -4 yards - FG
Oregon 3 plays -5 yards - punt
Auburn 2 plays 20 yards - INT
Oregon 3 plays 4 yards - Punt
Auburn 7 plays 2 yards - Missed FG
Oregon 1 play -5 yards - End of Half

Explain to me where the dominance happened. If the Freshman Nix hadn't thrown the bonehead INT in the red zone on their second drive this game could have been tied at halftime. As it was you both had two decent drives and 1 mediocre drive in the first quarter, then snuggle struggled through the second quarter.

At the half you ran 36 plays for 198 yards and they ran 38 for 171. You gained 5 yards in the 2nd quarter...so at best, your "half of dominance" is a quarter of "dominance".

So if you can say you dominated Auburn for a half, I hardly think you are in much of a position to judge when I say LSU would beat you like a drum.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An undefeated Clemson gets in....period. The only real issue for argument I see is does a one loss SEC West non-Champion get the nod over a one loss PAC champion. Both LSU and Bama would pack Oregons shit so far up their ass their eyes would turn brown, but there are politics at play here.
100% true. See Florida State in the first 2014 CFP.

Difference here is no one really feelslike Clemson is stumbling through the schedule to the degree FSU was in '14. (Clemson hasn't looked perfect but not near what FSU was doing in '14)n Nearly everyone felt FSU would perform poorly in the semi and that is exactly what happened. But they weren't going to leave out an undefeated defending champ. No way.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall it being dominant. In the first half these were the drives

Oregon 10 plays 74 yards - TD
Auburn 3 plays 2 yards - Punt
Oregon 10 plays 42 yards -Missed FG
Auburn 6 plays 58 yards - FG
Oregon 3 plays 75 yards - TD
Auburn 11 plays 65 yards -INT
Oregon 5 plays 18 yards - Punt
Auburn 5 plays 28 yards - Punt
Oregon 1 play -5 yards - Fumble
Auburn 4 plays -4 yards - FG
Oregon 3 plays -5 yards - punt
Auburn 2 plays 20 yards - INT
Oregon 3 plays 4 yards - Punt
Auburn 7 plays 2 yards - Missed FG
Oregon 1 play -5 yards - End of Half

Explain to me where the dominance happened. If the Freshman Nix hadn't thrown the bonehead INT in the red zone on their second drive this game could have been tied at halftime. As it was you both had two decent drives and 1 mediocre drive in the first quarter, then snuggle struggled through the second quarter.

At the half you ran 36 plays for 198 yards and they ran 38 for 171. You gained 5 yards in the 2nd quarter...so at best, your "half of dominance" is a quarter of "dominance".

So if you can say you dominated Auburn for a half, I hardly think you are in much of a position to judge when I say LSU would beat you like a drum.
Considering the dropped TD and other plays. Just going by what the country and media agreed with. It was all UO in first half. Agree to disagree I guess. Doesn't really matter cause Ohio State will boat race anyone they see in the playoffs.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the dropped TD and other plays. Just going by what the country and media agreed with. It was all UO in first half. Agree to disagree I guess. Doesn't really matter cause Ohio State will boat race anyone they see in the playoffs.

Well then, clearly all of you don't know what you are talking about.

LOL, I'll take my chances with your opinion of Ohio State, you just told me a team that had 5 yards in the 2nd quarter dominated their opponent, so I'll have to take your opinion with two scoops of salt.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real issue for argument I see is does a one loss SEC West non-Champion get the nod over a one loss PAC champion.

If the only loss that LSU or Bama has is a decently tight game against each other, and the winner of that game goes undefeated and wins the conference championship, then I don't see Oregon sneaking into the playoffs over them. Both teams would have beaten the only team that Oregon has lost to this year. I just don't see an argument that would allow Oregon back in the playoff picture, under those circumstances.

If it plays out, like it appears it will (obviously no one saw Ok losing this week, so just about anything can happen), I would think the playoff teams will likely be these teams (in no particular order)

Clemson
Bama
Ohio State
LSU

Penn State or Ohio State could both make a playoff case if their only loss is a close game to one or the other, and if they both win the rest of their games.

I would say Minnesota could sneak into the discussion, but I have 0% confidence they won't still lose more than one game this year. That isn't a criticism of them, because they've had a great year so far. I just don't think they have enough to do it. I'd love to be wrong though.

Oregon lost the first game, and should be given a second look, but unfortunately, in my opinion, the Pac 12 is just too weak to help their argument this year. Again, just my two cents.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh...I'm not sure the Pac-12 title has much cachet.
It is looking like the only conference title winners that have any cachet are the B1G and the SEC...and the bottom of those two ain't too swift. Except Illinois and Kansas State. They've got to be real good.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Let's do it. Psu has a bye as do LSU, OSU and Bama . So unless you think Wofford is beating Clemson nothing is changing between now and then . You name the time frame .

Please give him something ridiculous to knock this jackass off his high horse.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the only loss that LSU or Bama has is a decently tight game against each other, and the winner of that game goes undefeated and wins the conference championship, then I don't see Oregon sneaking into the playoffs over them. Both teams would have beaten the only team that Oregon has lost to this year. I just don't see an argument that would allow Oregon back in the playoff picture, under those circumstances.

If it plays out, like it appears it will (obviously no one saw Ok losing this week, so just about anything can happen), I would think the playoff teams will likely be these teams (in no particular order)

Clemson
Bama
Ohio State
LSU

Penn State or Ohio State could both make a playoff case if their only loss is a close game to one or the other, and if they both win the rest of their games.

I would say Minnesota could sneak into the discussion, but I have 0% confidence they won't still lose more than one game this year. That isn't a criticism of them, because they've had a great year so far. I just don't think they have enough to do it. I'd love to be wrong though.

Oregon lost the first game, and should be given a second look, but unfortunately, in my opinion, the Pac 12 is just too weak to help their argument this year. Again, just my two cents.
Pretty much the way I see it too.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson
Bama
Ohio State
LSU

I think it comes down to if yiu really believe the committee values a conference title or not . Oregon losing to a team the Bama/LSU loser beat is certainly a factor but should 1 common opponent game outweigh a league chsmpionship ? Thats really what it would come down to

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rutgers

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to if yiu really believe the committee values a conference title or not . Oregon losing to a team the Bama/LSU loser beat is certainly a factor but should 1 common opponent game outweigh a league chsmpionship ? Thats really what it would come down to

The bottom line with the committee is that their job is to determine the best four teams. I’m sure a conference championship would help a team’s resume, but then you have to look at the strength of the conference.

It is likely that Auburn will have 4 conference losses by the end of the season. So Oregon’s only loss would be against the 5th or 6th place team in the SEC, while they likely would have one win against a top 25 team. The PAC 12’s ineptness this year is KILLING them. I just don’t see them overcoming that one loss without a lot of help (a few teams lose more than one game and/or get blown out in their only loss)

There doesn’t seem to be, in my mind, a likely scenario where a one loss Oregon would have a case over a one loss LSU/Bama or PSU/Ohio St, even if Oregon were to win their conference.

I didn’t even factor an undefeated Baylor, so Oregon needs them to lose as well (I think they will lose at least one game though). Even OK would likely have a better playoff resume than Oregon if they were to win out, in my opinion.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the way I look at it as well. We haven't had a conference champ left out yet that had an equal number of losses as a non conf champ. I think it will take some pretty damning evidence for that to happen. Oregon barely lost to Auburn on a neutral field. LSU barely beat Auburn at home. Bama plays them at Auburn so we will have to see how that goes. That one game won't be enough to leave out a one loss Oregon IMO

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An undefeated Clemson gets in....period. The only real issue for argument I see is does a one loss SEC West non-Champion get the nod over a one loss PAC champion. Both LSU and Bama would pack Oregons shit so far up their ass their eyes would turn brown, but there are politics at play here.

What evidence besides biased opinion do you have that LSU would destroy Oregon. Very close games against a common opponent. LSU's offensive strength goes against Oregons defensive strength (Oregon actually has a good pass defense this year). Am I missing something that makes it so so obvious that LSU would crush Oregon?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is fantastic.

TAMU sucks!

Auburn 27 Oregon 21

Auburn 28 TAMU 20

Yep, I’m convinced!