• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moves I would like to see from the Mariners

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I be the hitting coach? I couldn't be much worse than what we have already, could I? Mind you I have never played an inning of competitive baseball in my life.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think Banned10x and I should be running this team.

234, you are the 3rd base coach.

3, you're first base coach.

wazzu, your the new Rainiers manager

Kaehleone can be the ballgirl

Fuck 3rd base. Dibs on manager. Motivation skills are excellent, how else could I have motivated myself through $100k+ of law school debt?

Not to mention I will totally put on a great show whenever there is a call I disagree with. Lol'd at Kaehloene being ballgirl. Wish he and AZ would have come over here as well.

But on a more serious tone if the Mariners can retain both Morales and Morse I would try to do so. It's probably wishful thinking but I do believe that you can't just trade those guys off for another Justin Smoak or Jesus Montero, I'm seriously getting tired of these fucking prospects. Whenever I think of the concept of trading for "prospects" I get an overwhelming feeling of rage. IMO the whole idea of "prospects" was made up by the smart wealthy teams so that they can acquire productive vets for nothing but a bag of baseballs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also got to ask; why the hell was Andino even on this team? Should have just given the spot to Triunfel to begin with.

I can understand playing Brendan Ryan because of his incredible defense but Andino was just a waste of space when we have a guy like Triunfel to take his place (who honestly could not possibly be worse)

Can I be the hitting coach? I couldn't be much worse than what we have already, could I? Mind you I have never played an inning of competitive baseball in my life

It's a lot more boring than it looks. Being at the plate is the only fun part.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot more boring than it looks. Being at the plate is the only fun part.

IDK, I loved playing centerfield. There was no better feeling than making a great play to rob someone of a hit (especially HR), or throwing a runner out at home. Baseball is the only sport I miss playing, and still wish I hadn't ruined my arm my senior year in high school.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i had my choice i would give you everybody in the farm for felix.........i want a WS NOW!!!!

everybody......profar,olt,perez even grimm and tepesch who are starting for us now :D

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i had my choice i would give you everybody in the farm for felix.........i want a WS NOW!!!!

Sorry, M's fans would revolt if that happened. Not only is he really the only draw the M's have right now, but for as good as he is, as young as he is and for as long as he is locked into his contract it would be suicide to trade him to someone that the team plays 19 times a year. The M's offense is bad enough without Felix facing it 5-6 times each season.

:minion:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one would like to see the mariners put harang on assignment and bring up andrew carraway. I dont think that Andrew will be a lights out pitcher but I would rather have him out there seeing what hes made of then this old guy getting destroyed start after start watching him survive his way to the 5th inning

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sonofabitch. Well, 8 loses in a row and I don't have any faith we are going to beat Texas tomorrow, even with Kuma pitching.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one would like to see the mariners put harang on assignment and bring up andrew carraway. I dont think that Andrew will be a lights out pitcher but I would rather have him out there seeing what hes made of then this old guy getting destroyed start after start watching him survive his way to the 5th inning

I would be all for bringing in Carraway. I saw him pitch in Vegas awhile back and he looked pretty good. He was one of the players I was most impressed with. He could very well be a decent 4th or 5th starter down the road for an amount of time.

Maurer should be in AAA. He still has things to work on. They only gave Beavan 20 innings and 2 starts... yet they are running Maurer out there just to get destroyed every 5th day.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everybody......profar,olt,perez even grimm and tepesch who are starting for us now :D

With our luck making that trade would mean none of those guys do anything special in the majors.
I have no confidence in us to win any trade we make right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think Banned10x and I should be running this team.

234, you are the 3rd base coach.

3, you're first base coach.

wazzu, your the new Rainiers manager

Kaehleone can be the ballgirl

Frick I would love that, except I'd get in too many arguments or not wanting my guys called up. I would much rather be a west coast scout for the Mariners though I was massively wrong on Tui and Jon Lester.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frick I would love that, except I'd get in too many arguments or not wanting my guys called up. I would much rather be a west coast scout for the Mariners though I was massively wrong on Tui and Jon Lester.

Tui and Carp are both flourishing in part time roles with their new teams. Tui is a surprise but it was inevitable with Carp, wasnt it?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tui and Carp are both flourishing in part time roles with their new teams. Tui is a surprise but it was inevitable with Carp, wasnt it?

I meant as when I played Tui and Lester never in my wildest dreams would I have drafted them. They weren't overly impressive in my eyes so I might not make a good scout after all.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carp thing does not surprise me at all. I thought it was a really bad move to let him go. Casper Wells I can understand but although Carp had a poor 2012 I didn't feel like that was enough to disregard his play in 2011.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. DFA Harang and bring up anybody, prefer one of the younger kids, put him in the 5th spot and let him succeed, fail, whatever for the rest of the year. I'm tired of protecting these kids, let's see what we got.

2. DFA Andino and bring up Franklin or Truinfell. Let one of these kids split time with Ryan for the rest of the year.... again, let's see what we got.

3. Send Ackley and Montero down to AAA. We'll see you guys next spring training.

4. Trade Willhelmsen at the trade deadline and a combination of Smoak, Kuma (maybe not Kuma) one of our "big 3" down in the minors for some more bats. There will be a team on the fringe of the play offs that will overpay for a very good closer.

5. I'm tired of Guiterrez, I just want to see him gone.

6. Oh, and I want to see Hansen/Ballmer buy the Mariners. Is that too much to ask?

Good to see Ackley sent down, I still have a little faith in the guy and I would like to see hime in AAA for the rest of the year along with Montero. Harang pitched really well today so I guess he gets a pass.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Ackley sent down, I still have a little faith in the guy and I would like to see hime in AAA for the rest of the year along with Montero. Harang pitched really well today so I guess he gets a pass.

I wouldnt put too much into Harang's performance today. It was the padres afterall. And, they were hitting some rockets off of him that just didnt find holes. Nothing I saw today has changed my mind about Harang. I dont see him lasting the year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind most of Harang's success has been the NL. The only other AL team he pitched for was the A's in the beginning of his career and he had an ERA over 5 with them. His two best starts this year have been against NL teams, Pit and San Diego two poor hitting teams.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Cotton. Harang probably won't make it the entire year. He pitched a good game today but chances are he reverts back to how he was pitching before, and the Mariners really can't take that.

Maybe Noesi replaces him? I know we went there once before already but at least he's younger and couldn't be as bad.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Cotton. Harang probably won't make it the entire year. He pitched a good game today but chances are he reverts back to how he was pitching before, and the Mariners really can't take that.

Maybe Noesi replaces him? I know we went there once before already but at least he's younger and couldn't be as bad.

I never really liked the Harang pick up and another thing to keep in mind is that he stunk it up for the Dodgers in ST also, he might be all washed up. Pains me to think Noesi might be a better option for the rotation but in his limited time this season for the Mariners he did do a decent job so far.