• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

-> Moved Andre Iguodala

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala is starting to grow on me. He plays an important role on the team, one that I hadn't noticed at first look.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala is starting to grow on me. He plays an important role on the team, one that I hadn't noticed at first look.

So the next time more knowledgeable people point out that you are missing something, will you do your usual troll of digging in and never admitting your wrongness? Or actually realize your opinion is far from the word of Jehovah? You are ALWAYS not noticing what matters in basketball, and baseball.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the next time more knowledgeable people point out that you are missing something, will you do your usual troll of digging in and never admitting your wrongness? Or actually realize your opinion is far from the word of Jehovah? You are ALWAYS not noticing what matters in basketball, and baseball.

Dude is, and always has been, a sack of douche. That's why he's banned from the Giants board.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread, I see that the main point of contention is how much one should pay for a player like Iggy. According to the standard metric, his financial numbers should be in line with his statistical contributions. But the Dubs have no shortage of players who can put up silly numbers, and what was missing was a player who could do, well, just about everything else.

Is a "team" player worth 12 mil per as an individual? According to what I've seen to date, if his name is Andre Iquodala, he most certainly is.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread, I see that the main point of contention is how much one should pay for a player like Iggy. According to the standard metric, his financial numbers should be in line with his statistical contributions. But the Dubs have no shortage of players who can put up silly numbers, and what was missing was a player who could do, well, just about everything else.

Is a "team" player worth 12 mil per as an individual? According to what I've seen to date, if his name is Andre Iquodala, he most certainly is.

I've heard it said this way: there are two types of NBA fans --
1. Those who love Iggy
2. Those who are wrong.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I see it is, Andre isn't the highest paid player on the team (Bogut)

But in terms of importance to the roster, I would rank the most valuable pieces to the roster as,

1) Steph
2) Bogut
3) Andre
4) D.Lee
5) Klay
6) Bench

The way I see it, Andre's giving us more production than La tax's (9 mil) and RJ (11 mil) did last year already in the first month. His defense is as good if not better than advertised, passing is better than I thought it would be, shooting is what we all thought it would ,(if not better from the 3point line), and the intangible effect of having an Olympian teaching the kids on the team can't be measured.

Coach Jackson said it best, "Dubs are fortunate to have a player like 'Dre on the team".

:hope:clap::nod:

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in terms of importance to the roster, I would rank the most valuable pieces to the roster as,

1) Steph
2) Bogut
3) Andre
4) D.Lee
5) Klay
6) Bench

The way I see it, Andre's giving us more production than La tax's (9 mil) and RJ (11 mil) did last year already in the first month. His defense is as good if not better than advertised, passing is better than I thought it would be, shooting is what we all thought it would ,(if not better from the 3point line), and the intangible effect of having an Olympian teaching the kids on the team can't be measured.

Coach Jackson said it best, "Dubs are fortunate to have a player like 'Dre on the team".

Word.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Steph
2) Bogut
3) Andre
4) D.Lee
5) Klay
6) Bench

I knew igoudala was a elite defender from the beginning he came here. Denver didn't win 57 games for nothing

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm starting to love igoudala also. He does everything well except hit free throws

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to love igoudala also. He does everything well except hit free throws

He also looks like the one guy on the team who is not afraid to take that last shot.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Steph
2) Bogut
3) Andre
4) D.Lee
5) Klay
6) Bench

Actually, Iggy is the third highest paid player behind Bogut (14.2) and Lee (13.9). He'll remain #3 for the next two years, although Avi will overtake Bogut starting next year. Three FAs next summer: O'Neal, Douglas, and Bazemore. I could see Bazemore getting traded or cut before then.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official, I'm the John Madden jinx of these boards.

1) Tout Klay as an up and coming Star, has a stretch of bad games

2) Proclaim Kuzmic as a candidate to breakout this year, gets injured

3) Praise Baze for his '12-'13 season, immediate starts off the year slow

4) Show AI love and he proceeds to get hurt.

Y'all have the names and numbers of your bosses that you don't like? I'm sure I can
say some kind things about them here, and they will lose their jobs immediately.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala is not the same player when he has to play Curry's position.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala is not the same player when he has to play Curry's position.

Not the whole story, the whole team is better when Steph's on the floor.

Andre could play point in stretches, but it isn't his best position.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official, I'm the John Madden jinx of these boards.

1) Tout Klay as an up and coming Star, has a stretch of bad games

2) Proclaim Kuzmic as a candidate to breakout this year, gets injured

3) Praise Baze for his '12-'13 season, immediate starts off the year slow

4) Show AI love and he proceeds to get hurt.

Y'all have the names and numbers of your bosses that you don't like? I'm sure I can
say some kind things about them here, and they will lose their jobs immediately.

Bump, as I praise JO for his "old man strength" he proceeds to get hurt.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that son of a bitch ever gonna get off his couch and get back in the games? How long does he need for a strained hammy for pete's sake.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is the one advising him he needs more time. He's trying to rush back in about a week it sounds like.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that son of a bitch ever gonna get off his couch and get back in the games? How long does he need for a strained hammy for pete's sake.

It would be stupid to rush back from an injury like a hamstring and then re injure it. Giants fans saw that happen with Pagan, and this stretch without him has shown how important he is to this team, especially defensively. They've done alright weathering the storm without him, but losing him for months would probably put this team in a position fighting just to make the playoffs, rather than battling for a top four seed and division title.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More #9 stuff to read

"I was telling coach that sometimes I don’t really know the plays by the call," Iguodala said after practice Wednesday. "I more or less go by the set. I've been on other teams, we've had the same play calls but it was a totally different play. So when I hear the play call, I'm sometimes confused. I might run another play. So I don't even listen for a call. I look for a set."

As #9 gets back into shape, I would love to see the halfcourt sets run through him primarily again.

GO DUBS!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think my original assessment of Iguodala being a shell of his old self is accurate.