• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF - Denver@Seattle 9/12

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Seahawks. I'm impressed with some of your young players. Seahawks deserved this victory. PC had them ready for primetime. Time for the Broncos to regroup. It's a long season. We'll see if RW and the offense can get some chemistry going. 12's did their job tonight. Congrats to you guys.
Thank you... Very hard to watch RW in a different uniform... I'm sure it was hard for some of the players on the Hawks roster, as well... Which is even more impressive to me with the way they came to play...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was 3rd in the NFL for Points against per game last season, 8th in passing yards against and The Hawks played well against them. Now i have said i don't believe they will be as good as last season but still top 15 ( Denvers Defense ). The only guy they have that can Rush is Chubb so i wasn't to worried about our Rookie tackles as this was the best case scenario for them in their first game.

Jamal Adams single handedly has cost this team SO much. Can we have those picks back as I have no doubts in my mind they could have got a stud safety with one of those picks that isn't hurt all the time or have balls doink him in the face all the time. Jamal loves the balls to the face! How much the Hawks paying Jamal again? Straight up robbery.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess for those of us who thought we wouldn't take the season opener (self included), I guess we forgot all about the changes Denver was going through as well, not just the QB trade.

Did either team really deserve a win with how they played? Probably not, but I was impressed with how we ended up managing, even if our defense was still allowing holes at times as if we never canned Norton in the first place. Still came down to whatever the hell Wilson and Denver were doing in the red zone.

So while it may not have been the most memorable season opener, still, a win's a win. This year, we'll be taking them any way we can.
Keep in mind the seahawks didn't punt until the 4th quarter

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't care if they win, that's merely 1 step closer to a better draft pick.

Wilson though, is prone to not having his best game in week 1, and he's on a brand new team. Crazier things have happened.

Crazier things happened.

Let's fuckin Ride boys!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we need to bring this up, Pete once again got a lead and then went all safe mode. They won but shutting down the offense like that is not how you win. I think Geno's last couple dives he wasn't throwing but at most 4 yards past the LoS. He put a HUGE amount of stress on the defense that didn't need to be there. I do understand why he did that because Geno has a habit of coughing it up in big time moments but you can't play scared.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Seahawks. I'm impressed with some of your young players. Seahawks deserved this victory. PC had them ready for primetime. Time for the Broncos to regroup. It's a long season. We'll see if RW and the offense can get some chemistry going. 12's did their job tonight. Congrats to you guys.

Thanks man. Not many people do what you did here, Classy move dude.

Good luck the rest of the way

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier things happened.

Let's fuckin Ride boys!

ric-flair.gif

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver only lost cuz I took them -0.5 in a teaser tonight.

I will be betting against the Seahawks the rest of the year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gonna be fine, gonna take some time to build the chemistry up, like you said it’s a long season, lots of football left … Broncos were moving the ball well but made some critical mistakes at the goal-line, RB’s gotta hang onto the rock … GL the rest of the way !

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 0 points in the 2nd half and 2 Denver turnovers at the goal line, coming away with a W here is remarkable. A few of my game takeaways:
  • Denver sure had a hard time getting plays in and snapping the ball before the play clock expired. Not sure if it was fan noise, zero 1st reps in pre-season or maybe a combo of both but they looked unorganized and hurried quite a bit.
  • The aggressiveness on O in the first half was surprising and encouraging. I was expecting a run-run-pass-punt sort of sequence and glad that they spread the ball around and got DK involved on the first drive.
  • But then in the 2nd half, we turtled and seemed to sit on the massive 1 score lead. The passes were mostly dumps and short stuff, and we went back to playing offense like we had a top 4 all time defense.
  • Welcome to Seattle, Uchenna Nwosu! He showed up big with a couple game changing plays.
  • Tip of the cap to the 2 rookie tackles. They weren't perfect, but it's definitely a good start.
  • I thought the run game would be a little better. It wasn't bad, but outside a couple good gains there wasn't much there.
  • I think PC made a mistake accepting an illegal contact penalty (I think that's what it was) after a 7 yard gain on 1st down and choosing 1st & 10 over 2nd & 3. You would take 7 yards every time on 1st down, so I am not sure why he didn't there.
  • And it wouldn't be a complete PC game without a terrible spot challenge. It was ridiculous that the refs gave them that 1st down, but equally ridiculous was the challenge. Cmon Pete, just give up the ghost on those.
  • But worse than that was Denver's rookie HC deciding at the end to run the clock down and choose a prayer 64 yard FG attempt on 4th & 5 over putting the ball in the hands of your new big money franchise QB.
Very fortunate to get a W here, but 1-0 is good enough to be alone at the top of the NFCW! I don't even know who we play next, but Go Hawks!!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it ironic that the broncos didn't want Russ throwing from the 1 yard line......

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it ironic that the broncos didn't want Russ throwing from the 1 yard line......
Well, I am more confident that they didn't want their RBs to fumble it away on the 1 yard line. Twice. There was a time (and it may still be) where some people act like there is no possible way anything can go wrong when you run it from the 1.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we need to bring this up, Pete once again got a lead and then went all safe mode. They won but shutting down the offense like that is not how you win. I think Geno's last couple dives he wasn't throwing but at most 4 yards past the LoS. He put a HUGE amount of stress on the defense that didn't need to be there. I do understand why he did that because Geno has a habit of coughing it up in big time moments but you can't play scared.

This is the thing that really drives me crazy. And it looks like we will be doing it again this year. I don't understand why the offense completely disappears in the 2nd half. It can't just be play calling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am more confident that they didn't want their RBs to fumble it away on the 1 yard line. Twice. There was a time (and it may still be) where some people act like there is no possible way anything can go wrong when you run it from the 1.

While Hackett is being rightly criticized for his decision, I also think that people are just assuming that going for it would result in an easy 1st down. Probably a 60% chance for a 1st which was better than the 30% chance of making the field goal. But it wasn't a slam dunk decision.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 0 points in the 2nd half and 2 Denver turnovers at the goal line, coming away with a W here is remarkable. A few of my game takeaways:
  • Denver sure had a hard time getting plays in and snapping the ball before the play clock expired. Not sure if it was fan noise, zero 1st reps in pre-season or maybe a combo of both but they looked unorganized and hurried quite a bit.
  • The aggressiveness on O in the first half was surprising and encouraging. I was expecting a run-run-pass-punt sort of sequence and glad that they spread the ball around and got DK involved on the first drive.
  • But then in the 2nd half, we turtled and seemed to sit on the massive 1 score lead. The passes were mostly dumps and short stuff, and we went back to playing offense like we had a top 4 all time defense.
  • Welcome to Seattle, Uchenna Nwosu! He showed up big with a couple game changing plays.
  • Tip of the cap to the 2 rookie tackles. They weren't perfect, but it's definitely a good start.
  • I thought the run game would be a little better. It wasn't bad, but outside a couple good gains there wasn't much there.
  • I think PC made a mistake accepting an illegal contact penalty (I think that's what it was) after a 7 yard gain on 1st down and choosing 1st & 10 over 2nd & 3. You would take 7 yards every time on 1st down, so I am not sure why he didn't there.
  • And it wouldn't be a complete PC game without a terrible spot challenge. It was ridiculous that the refs gave them that 1st down, but equally ridiculous was the challenge. Cmon Pete, just give up the ghost on those.
  • But worse than that was Denver's rookie HC deciding at the end to run the clock down and choose a prayer 64 yard FG attempt on 4th & 5 over putting the ball in the hands of your new big money franchise QB.
Very fortunate to get a W here, but 1-0 is good enough to be alone at the top of the NFCW! I don't even know who we play next, but Go Hawks!!
Great call outs/takeaways from the game...

Four additional things that stood out to me:
  1. First was how efficient our offense was on our first drive resulting in a TD to open up the game to set the tone... 10 play, balanced drive.
  2. Second was how poor our run defense was... Seems like each time they received the hand off, they were running 5+ yards each attempt...
  3. Thirdly, was how great our Special Teams performed... They were flying all over the field controlling field position for much of the game...
  4. Only 12 carries for Penny while averaging 5.0 ypc... 13 rush attempts by RB's and 28 pass attempts by Geno... Thought we wanted to run the ball, while being more balanced? I would understand if we were behind but in a close game? Kinda surprised... Were they trying to throw Geno into RW's face while sending a message? No one will ever know...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Hackett is being rightly criticized for his decision, I also think that people are just assuming that going for it would result in an easy 1st down. Probably a 60% chance for a 1st which was better than the 30% chance of making the field goal. But it wasn't a slam dunk decision.

The Kicker was only 1 for 7 on those long kicks so it wasn't even as good as you think. Hey 100% when they lined up to kick I was like OMG we're going to win. When before i was like Russ will get this first down easy the shit in the middle has been wide open all day for him. You know the passes he refused to throw when he was here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kicker was only 1 for 7 on those long kicks so it wasn't even as good as you think. Hey 100% when they lined up to kick I was like OMG we're going to win. When before i was like Russ will get this first down easy the shit in the middle has been wide open all day for him. You know the passes he refused to throw when he was here.

I agree that Hackett made the wrong call. My point was only that it wasn't a guarantee he would score.

BTW, did you also notice Russ throwing every screen pass right on the money?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone said that there was a 30% chance of making a 64 yard field goal at that end of Lumen Field, they are smoking fucking crack. Longest in field history is 61 and anyone that has watched this team as long as we have knows that end and the field in general are very difficult for long kicks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Hackett made the wrong call. My point was only that it wasn't a guarantee he would score.

BTW, did you also notice Russ throwing every screen pass right on the money?
Our screen game sucks, it always has, bad design. Also our defense has a issue stopping screens. KJ Wright was the man that ALWAYS was doing that, They have been sub par ever since he left. Our issue will be our Linebackers and the youth there.