• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF - Bears @ Vikings

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...and Jaylon Johnson is Bae too...I hope we figure out a reasonable contract with him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grades thing really isn't my thing...but I will do Bae and Not Bae.

Not Bae:

Matt Eberflus
Luke Getsy
Justin Fields
Lucas Patrick
Velus Jones
Cody Whitehair

Bae:

DJ Moore
Tremaine Edmunds
Teven Jenkins
Darnell Wright
Montez Sweat
Andrew Billings
Cairo Santos

Kinda Bae:

Ryan Poles (Don't know why, but with the defensive improvement after Sweat, my anger is turning on him)
Cole Kmet
Nate Davis
Jack Sanborn

Want to Bae, but does too much stupid sh*t:

Kyler Gordon
Eddie Jackson

What is Bae.....??

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grades thing really isn't my thing...but I will do Bae and Not Bae.

Not Bae:

Matt Eberflus
Luke Getsy
Justin Fields
Lucas Patrick
Velus Jones
Cody Whitehair

Bae:

DJ Moore
Tremaine Edmunds
Teven Jenkins
Darnell Wright
Montez Sweat
Andrew Billings
Cairo Santos

Kinda Bae:

Ryan Poles (Don't know why, but with the defensive improvement after Sweat, my anger is turning on him)
Cole Kmet
Nate Davis
Jack Sanborn

Want to Bae, but does too much stupid sh*t:

Kyler Gordon
Eddie Jackson
Agree with most of this, but altho Gordon can pull some dumb shit - witness last night's idiotic 15 yard penalty for removing his helmut on the field, as any 8th grader knows otherwise - he's nonetheless turning into a pretty damn good slot corner. Sanborn and Kmet are both keepers. They may not be elite at their respective positions, but they always give a good effort and way more often than not are productive. Poles deserves a minimum of two more years. He's made some boneheaded moves, but he's slowly putting together a competitive roster, with the defense in particular starting to show their stuff. Now it's time to fix the offense.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon was showing the facemask being torn off his helmet to the referees. Guess he should have known better.

Dont look now, but they are 2 games out of the last playoff spot, with Poles looking to add the Philly castaway to DE since he and the flus actually think they can save their jobs.

Bye week, then alot of winnable games. Lions payback game may pump the brakes a little, but the Atlanta game might have playoff implications.

Browns and Cardinals look winnable, then Atlanta week 17 and Green Bay week 18 could be for playoff spots and drop to double digit draft pick.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont look now, but they are 2 games out of the last playoff spot,

watching arrested development GIF

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon was showing the facemask being torn off his helmet to the referees. Guess he should have known better.

Dont look now, but they are 2 games out of the last playoff spot, with Poles looking to add the Philly castaway to DE since he and the flus actually think they can save their jobs.

Bye week, then alot of winnable games. Lions payback game may pump the brakes a little, but the Atlanta game might have playoff implications.

Browns and Cardinals look winnable, then Atlanta week 17 and Green Bay week 18 could be for playoff spots and drop to double digit draft pick.
Gordon could have accomplished the same objective by keeping his helmut on and showing the refs. No excuse for dumb. Mathematically the Bears are still in it, but they'd pretty much have to run the table from here on out. So no, they're not in the playoff hunt. At one time I had the Browns game pencilled in as a sure loss, but lately their offense might be as bad or even worse than ours. Of course their defense is still one of the league's elite, so who knows. I sure as hell wouldn't bet on the Bears to win that one.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Bae.....??

Think "Sugar Tits."

The guy you're talking about was already scooped up by the Texans.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While it is absolutely ridiculous...I think we win 1-2 more games...Ironically enough shifting back to the 5-6 wins I thought at the beginning of the season. What a wild ride to get there though.

I think that's the best part of yesterday's game for me. At least answers are finally starting to formulate for some of these questions that needed answering. Fields is just not getting it...nor are our coaches. Those two areas MUST be changed for this team to take a step forward. If we do so, I think next season could be a lot more optimistic than I would have ever believed 6 games ago.

The Sweat deal is looking like it was a good move. Even for a team that has no realistic chance this season, you can see whatever that dude brought has brought our defensive intensity up a notch. So that's nice. I guess you could give some of that credit to Eberflus...It's only fair...but since we make so many sh*t poor situational decisions and are so undisciplined, I can't be convinced on that guy at this point.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gervon Dexter stood out last nite to me. He was getting good pressure up the gut all nite.
I think by no later than next season, if not by the end of this one, he'll have established himself as the starter. Justin Jones has been playing pretty well, but his ceiling isn't close to Dexter's.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, with his 114 yard reception total last night, DJ Moore now has 1003 for the season. It's currently good for 5th in the league, altho he has the added benefit of having played 12 games. Depending on how it all plays out this week, there are 3 or 4 players who have a decent shot at surpassing DJ's numbers. Amon-Ra St. Brown and Steffon Diggs almost certainly will overtake him. This still keeps DJ in the top 10, which most of us figured or at least hoped he'd end up this season.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, with his 114 yard reception total last night, DJ Moore now has 1003 for the season. It's currently good for 5th in the league, altho he has the added benefit of having played 12 games. Depending on how it all plays out this week, there are 3 or 4 players who have a decent shot at surpassing DJ's numbers. Amon-Ra St. Brown and Steffon Diggs almost certainly will overtake him. This still keeps DJ in the top 10, which most of us figured or at least hoped he'd end up this season.

I think Buffalo is on bye.........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Buffalo is on bye.........
I'll be damned, you're right. So then the only one with the obvious shot at passing DJ is St. Brown. The Rams Puka Nacua and the Bengals Ja'Marr Chase also have decent shots. The league leader, Tyreek Hill, is on pace to crack the 2000 yard receiving mark.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that my blood is not boiling from last nights game.......

Other than two damn fumbles,he did play poorly vonsidering thd mad blitzing the Vikes had going.....
No ints,had some very nice runs,had a few nice passes downfield other than the pass that sailed over Mooneys head that about got him broke in half......

Still wondering why all the damn short passes.....is it on Getsy,us it the coaches dont trust Fields,or is it the oline or they knew the Vike blitz on 72% of the time.......??

Its not the first time this has happened......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that my blood is not boiling from last nights game.......

Other than two damn fumbles,he did play poorly vonsidering thd mad blitzing the Vikes had going.....
No ints,had some very nice runs,had a few nice passes downfield other than the pass that sailed over Mooneys head that about got him broke in half......

Still wondering why all the damn short passes.....is it on Getsy,us it the coaches dont trust Fields,or is it the oline or they knew the Vike blitz on 72% of the time.......??

Its not the first time this has happened......
I think as Beardown suggested, Getsy and probably Flus as well, don't trust Fields enough to plan a bunch of downfield throws. I understand that, but to call 3,4,5 plays almost in a row where it's just a variation of the old bubble screen is just fucking stupid. The Vikings certainly weren't fooled by them. If you're gonna stay short, why not mix in some quick slants or HB screens. I think they only tried one or two of those, with one of the screens to Johnson gaining some good yardage. Getsy has to expand the playbook, especially when we're talking passes for 10 yards or less.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy and probably Flus as well, don't trust Fields enough to plan a bunch of downfield throws.
Could be.
The Vikes blitzing all night long gave the offense (i.e. O-line) no time to let any plays develop. Justin even rolled out into the path of a pass rush a couple times.
Just waiting for axe to fall.

Getsy's best playcall was the 4th-&-10 which took advantage of the blitz.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these 'Quick Hits' from Windy City Gridiron:

Quick Hits

• I still don’t know if Gervon Dexter is the true disruptor the Bears need in the middle of the defense, but his growth the last month has been truly impressive.
  • Justin Jones has averaged around 70% of the snaps in November, Gervon Dexter around 35%. This is why coaches coaching for their jobs do not align with developing a youthful roster.
  • How many of you got that knot in your stomach and “Here we go again?” when Teven Jenkins went down?
  • You can question the price paid, but you can’t question the impact that Montez Sweat has had since joining this football team.
  • I loved the Cinderella story that was Josh Dobbs, but he has officially turned back into a pumpkin.
  • Speaking of Dobbs, add him to the list of who’s who at the QB position that Matt Eberflus has defeated (Dobbs, Bryce Young, Sam Howell, Brian Hoyer, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Davis Mills).
  • The Bears have officially taken back the North! They have the best divisional record in the NFC North on Mondays this season!
  • In stats that don’t make sense, according to PFF, Lucas Patrick is yet to surrender a sack on the season.
  • Of Cornerbacks with 20 or more targets, Jaylon Johnson is 2nd in the NFL in passer rating against (37.7), just behind DaRon Bland (36.9).
  • The Chicago Bears have 8 takeaways and 3 giveaways over their last two games. They’ve scored 13 points off those 8 turnovers, while their opponents have scored 14 points off those 3.
That last bullet is a bitch. Kinda sums up our season as a whole.