• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Winter Meetings

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a fever! Ans the ONLY prescription is
I don't know how this relates to the rest of the thread, but I love me some BOC

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going through withdrawal from not winning, and thus have a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELLS!

Btw, I only know two of their songs, that one, and Burnin' For You. I love both. Any other recommendations, or are they largely one (two?) hit wonders ?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asche was a big disappointment. Mediocre would have been an improvement. He will not be missed!
ok, you convinced me. See ya, Cody! We would have all been more understanding if you would have just let us pronounce your name "Ash" instead of Asheeeee!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, btw, real fans know it's spelled "BÖC"

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going through withdrawal from not winning, and thus have a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELLS!

Btw, I only know two of their songs, that one, and Burnin' For You. I love both. Any other recommendations, or are they largely one (two?) hit wonders ?
I like the Album "Fire of Unknown Origin". Burnin' for You is on it, but I like all of the other songs, even though they are largely unknown. It's one of those albums where you can listen to the whole thing and not worry about cherry picking songs--like a Pink Floyd album.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, btw, real fans know it's spelled "BÖC"
True, but like a lot of other "real fans" who are old like me, I'm not computer literate enough to know how to find that thing above the "O" on my keyboard.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Album "Fire of Unknown Origin". Burnin' for You is on it, but I like all of the other songs, even though they are largely unknown. It's one of those albums where you can listen to the whole thing and not worry about cherry picking songs--like a Pink Floyd album.
Good shit. I'll check it out. I love albums like that- Dark Side of The Moon, Have A Nice Day, etc. I'm still a novice to rock but I like it more overtime I listen. I want to like The Eagles because they have a top 100 song of all time for me- Hotel California, but I found the rest of their stuff (New Kid On The Block or whatever) to be "meh"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you listen to any new rock or music in general, or is it all older stuff for you?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a hip-hop parallel to "We Didn't Start The Fire," I recommend this from one of my favorite rappers (also a top 100 song for me). A lot of the references in the first two verses are to '80s and '90s hip-hop, but the third verse and all the choruses contain lots of good social commentary (and he didn't just open an encyclopedia and jot down names)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you listen to any new rock or music in general, or is it all older stuff for you?
I listen to anything that I can play on my cassette player

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a hip-hop parallel to "We Didn't Start The Fire," I recommend this from one of my favorite rappers (also a top 100 song for me). A lot of the references in the first two verses are to '80s and '90s hip-hop, but the third verse and all the choruses contain lots of good social commentary (and he didn't just open an encyclopedia and jot down names)
Not a hip hop guy, but this guy is actually pretty good. But it's hard for people like me that have listened to "Classic Rock" for 30 years to just switch gears. I think before I got into hip hop I would start listening to old 60's and 70's Motown or Soul or whatever you call it, like the bail bondsman in Jackie Brown

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, great! I have dozens of old cassettes I'll sell you in a bag for $50.
I would, but this seems like one of those Craigslist scams where I meet you somewhere and you kill me and take my money, my car, and keep your cassettes to run the same con on someone else.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, but this seems like one of those Craigslist scams where I meet you somewhere and you kill me and take my money, my car, and keep your cassettes to run the same con on someone else.

You cheap wimp. I was even going to throw in a bag of my old pron mags too. I'll just leave the whole package in the hood.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cheap wimp. I was even going to throw in a bag of my old pron mags too. I'll just leave the whole package in the hood.
woaaaa-let's not be hasty! What are we talking? , just playboy and penthouse or do we have something a little more interesting like Hustler, Swank or OUI?

Not that I'm really into those magazines that much but also do you have any Chic, Club, High Society, Barely Legal, Gallery, Genesis, Juggs, Score, Gent or Screw?

Last edited: