• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 1977 Player Draft

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just not big names, its more recent big names...example people will vote Miggy Cabrera over say Ted Williams..or Adrian Peterson over Jim Brown.its a bit of the ESPN effect I call it or what have I seen with my own eyes effect.

Only Tigers fans or people that don't know what baseball is.

AD was better than Jim Brown.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when does voting end so I can avoid more embarrassment. Damn I got smoked nice team Smitty :suds:

I'm glad I lost to you and not to that a-hole Nos!!! :pound:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Tigers fans or people that don't know what baseball is.

AD was better than Jim Brown.

that's AP and not surprised coming from a Viking fan, lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown was an amazing running back who ran over 190 pound linebackers who bagged groceries in the off season, AD was an amazing running back who ran over 240 pound linebackers who lifted weights in the off season.

FIN

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? lol , you stick with that opinion.

9 years in the league, 9 pro bowls, 8 rushing titles, 8 all pro selections, no body has done that nor will do that, ever.

ADP isn't even the best in the last 30 years, Peyton for sure and arguably Sanders/Dickerson

Its what you do against your peers, ADP- got to work out in the off season also, no different than his peers.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite running backs are Chuck Forman, Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Jerome Bettis and the Nigerian Nightmare but I wouldn't be crazy enough to say they were better than Jim Brown.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? lol , you stick with that opinion.

9 years in the league, 9 pro bowls, 8 rushing titles, 8 all pro selections, no body has done that nor will do that, ever.

ADP isn't even the best in the last 30 years, Peyton for sure and arguably Sanders/Dickerson

Its what you do against your peers, ADP- got to work out in the off season also, no different than his peers.

Who cares what Brown did against Steve the local librarian. Look what Leroy Kelly did the year after Brown retired.

Sweetness is my all time favorite running back so I wont argue that and ED might be my second favorite but AD is a better back than Sanders.

It is different, Jim Brown worked out, his peers didn't. He looked like a body builder and half the people trying to tackle him looked like janitors.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite running backs are Chuck Forman, Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Jerome Bettis and the Nigerian Nightmare but I wouldn't be crazy enough to say they were better than Jim Brown.

You would be crazy being none of them are better than Brown, the only one close is ED. Campbell would have been the best ever maybe if the Oilers didn't run him into the ground in 3 years.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, on a side note, Chuck Foreman bought land from my grandparents to build his house in Lakeville Minnesota.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown, Walt Chamberlan, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, dominated their peers like nobody had seen before. They all played against players that weren't conditioned but they all weren't conditioned either like todays athletes. You base it against their peers, of course everyone now runs faster, jumps higher, stronger, paid more to have off season workouts, etc, crap Jesse Owens 100 record has been broken many times but he was the first, so he wasn't as good?....head to head isn't the right way to compare....move those guys into this era, they would be conditioned a ton better also.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what Brown did against Steve the local librarian. Look what Leroy Kelly did the year after Brown retired.

What drums is getting at (and I agree with) isn't what HoF Brown did against Steve the local librarian, but what Jim the Pepsi salesman did against Steve the local librarian. Just because others had to get offseason jobs back then doesn't mean that Brown somehow got to sit around and just work out and get better. So peer to peer, Brown was more dominate.

As for what Kelly did after Brown left, he ran for less yards every year than all but 2 of Brown's years (and Kelly only ran higher than those 2 in 3 seasons out of 8). Saying that Kelly shows that Brown wasn't that good because he ran for 1000 yards the next 3 years is like saying Payton wasn't very good because Anderson did the same thing (despite other than an injury plagued final year, age 34, and Payton's rookie year, Anderson's career high was lower than every non strike season of Payton's career).

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Semi-Final games are posted and ready to be voted on.

The games were determined by wins in round 1.

Hockey had the most votes and Stoke and UK had the least so it went to who won by the least and Stoke won by one UK won by two so Hockey plays Stoke and the other three teams compete against each other for a chance at the finals and 500 vCash

GO VOTE!

Tell your friends...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What drums is getting at (and I agree with) isn't what HoF Brown did against Steve the local librarian, but what Jim the Pepsi salesman did against Steve the local librarian. Just because others had to get offseason jobs back then doesn't mean that Brown somehow got to sit around and just work out and get better. So peer to peer, Brown was more dominate.

As for what Kelly did after Brown left, he ran for less yards every year than all but 2 of Brown's years (and Kelly only ran higher than those 2 in 3 seasons out of 8). Saying that Kelly shows that Brown wasn't that good because he ran for 1000 yards the next 3 years is like saying Payton wasn't very good because Anderson did the same thing (despite other than an injury plagued final year, age 34, and Payton's rookie year, Anderson's career high was lower than every non strike season of Payton's career).

Jim Brown was ahead of his time in conditioning that's what separated him from his peers.

Leroy Kelly was able to step in and have just as good a season as Brown did even in his prime, Anderson didn't do that.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I mention GO VOTE!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Semi-Final games are posted and ready to be voted on.

The games were determined by wins in round 1.

Hockey had the most votes and Stoke and UK had the least so it went to who won by the least and Stoke won by one UK won by two so Hockey plays Stoke and the other three teams compete against each other for a chance at the finals and 500 vCash

GO VOTE!

Tell your friends...
I think we need a different method for next time. I had the fewest votes in beating the best overall team IMO

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a different method for next time. I had the fewest votes in beating the best overall team IMO

Bums did not have the best team and if you come up with a better idea i'm all ears...