• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon was garbage for almost all of it's history until one of it's evil graduates succeeded in conning a bunch of losers to pay for overpriced shoes made with child slave labor and then conned Oregon into selling it's soul to him. Now he can manipulate and control Oregon and all for what? Oregon hasn't won a single Title, in a sport that counts at least as no one watchs/cares about cc or track, after selling it's soul.

At least UMn IS a HAS BEEN, not a NEVER BEEN like Oregon, and UMn's also never sold it's soul like Oregon has.

That's a whole lotta words for Minnesota = garbage program.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a whole lotta words for Minnesota = garbage program.
Oregon is a NEVER BEEN.

NEVER BEEN in cfb, even after a child slave laborer funnels them tons of money,
NEVER BEEN in cbb, and yes, winning a chump brand new tournament filled up with NONE of the best teams in the country does not equal a Natl Title, not when an UNDEFEATED team beat the best teams in the country in the not brand new tournament recognized as the true Natl Title tourney at that time.
NEVER BEEN in cBb,
NEVER BEEN in cHk.

NEVER BEEN an elite academic institution. Are they even the Top rated school in the state?
NEVER BEEN an elite research institution. Are they bringing in the lowest in research dollars among P5 schools?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be fun at parties
Funny thing, everyone at the parties I go to seem to be Gopher fans/from Minnesota, and so don't need to be educated on all things UMn/Minnesota, and the rare times I do bring something up, the information I share is appreciated, go figure. It's quite strange really, I mean, it's like I and everyone I know lives in Minnesota or something, lol. Go figure.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah... the B1G West sucks... blah blah blah the Gophers are garbage... blah blah blah... no one cares about academics... blah blah blah... nobody watches hockey... blah blah blah... football is the only thing that matters in life... blah blah blah... fred is an idiot... blah blah blah... no one read that novel... blah blah blah... I'm too simple minded to understand the simple concepts fred talks about... blah blah blah... I never claimed my team was decent I just love ragging on your team anyway... blah blah blah.

Can the moderators just copy and paste that for everyone's responses to my posts and be done with it? I mean that's really all people post in response when they take 4 seconds to ignore what I wrote but insist on responding anyways. Let's save some webpage data files here.

lol

You And I Reaction GIF by grown-ish

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it!!
Never denied Minnesota is a HAS BEEN. But after giving up on football for 40 years, which resulted in a horrible 30 year period, they've got their heads on straight finally and started trying to make a come back, and it's taking longer than most hoped it would, but there is progress, not just in the results on the field, which HAS shown improvement, and is all most of you seem to give a sh1t about, but also in the class room and the overall environment around and throughout the program, for example, basically no scandals.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is a NEVER BEEN.

NEVER BEEN in cfb, even after a child slave laborer funnels them tons of money,
NEVER BEEN in cbb, and yes, winning a chump brand new tournament filled up with NONE of the best teams in the country does not equal a Natl Title, not when an UNDEFEATED team beat the best teams in the country in the not brand new tournament recognized as the true Natl Title tourney at that time.
NEVER BEEN in cBb,
NEVER BEEN in cHk.

NEVER BEEN an elite academic institution. Are they even the Top rated school in the state?
NEVER BEEN an elite research institution. Are they bringing in the lowest in research dollars among P5 schools?

For a thread about how shitty the Goofers are, you sure are obsessed with Oregon.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a thread about how shitty the Goofers are, you sure are obsessed with Oregon.
Oregon is far easier to poke fun of than say, Ohio State, a school that's actually a school that ranks very high, not as high as Minnesota, of course, but way higher than Oregon academically and in regards to what it brings in for research dollars.

And OSU has actually won a Natty in football, and recently, and a legit title in cbb and even one in baseball, too.

And OSU has also won a Natty in wrestling & women's hockey recently, and the year the Gopher's string of 4+ straight years of winning at least the Pom and/or Jazz Dance Natl Titles ended, it was OSU that ended that winning streak winning both of those events.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Minnesota HAS BEEN #1 All-Time at some point in history in -->cbb, cfb & chk, and #2 All-Time at Baseball.

What da fuck!?!?

Calling total homeristic bullshit. Nothing new from you.

Exactly which year did Minnesota win a CBB national title?

How can you say the Gophers won a CBB national title? They only have one Final Four trip ('97).

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I explained, PSU won by 28. I granted the Gophers were down 7 when the refs stopped them driving for the tying td. So that leaves the last 3 tds for PSU, the first 2 of which were gifts given to PSU by the refs basically. Granted the Gophers could have played such phenomenal defense as to cancel out the influence of the refs, but they shouldn't have to beat BOTH the opposing team AND the refs. As for the last td, that was scored after a failed onside kick gave them great field position, an onside kick that would not have happened had those 2 gifted by the ref tds for PSU not been scored and had the Gophers not been stopped by the refs on their drive to tie the game in the 3rd quarter.

DUH.
You sound like a child blaming the refs. Stop it. You team is not good, hasn't ever been good, and won't ever be good. This weird obsession of posting random facts about your state is also borderline creepy as hell. I've never seen anyone so invested in every mundane and meaningless sport or ww2 history about an irrelevant state in my life. The state of Minnesota only contribution of relevancy in the history of this country is giving us Prince. Period.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like a child blaming the refs. Stop it. You team is not good, hasn't ever been good, and won't ever be good. This weird obsession of posting random facts about your state is also borderline creepy as hell. I've never seen anyone so invested in every mundane and meaningless sport or ww2 history about an irrelevant state in my life. The state of Minnesota only contribution of relevancy in the history of this country is giving us Prince. Period.

talking homer simpson GIF

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What da fuck!?!?

How can you say the Gophers won a CBB national title? They only have one Final Four trip ('97).

He's full of it.

Oregon has more NCAA basketball titles than Minnesota.

He'll probably reference some irrelevant tournament as his "proof"

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What da fuck!?!?

97 Final Four trip was erased because they cheated

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's full of it.

Oregon has more NCAA basketball titles than Minnesota.

He'll probably reference some irrelevant tournament as his "proof"

Oh there's no doubt he'll try to use, maybe already has done this, alternate facts. Or some silly shit. I posted this last week. It sums up what Minnesota has done in CBB.

A quick breakdown of Minnesota sports.

football- they won 11 games in 2019. Only the second time in team history they won double digits games. The other season was 1900. Their last national title was 1960. Before that they won titles in the early 40's and mid/late 30's.

->basketball- a total of 14 March Madness trips. 17 seasons with at least 20 wins. No national titles. One Final Four trip<-

hockey- last title was 2003. The last 43 years they have three national titles- 1979, '02 & '03

baseball- alotta conference titles, won national titles in 1964, '60 & '56

Football info from ncaa-.com (been told they have biased agenda so a certain someone might say they're invalid) and looking up the Gophers year by year record

Basketball info from sports-ref-.com (Minnesota Golden Gophers index)

Hockey info from ncaa-.com/history/icehockey-men/d1

Baseball info from ncaa-.com/history/baseball/d1

Only a very stubborn person would try to argue this stuff. That's where freddy's enters things.