• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Middle East?

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else been anywhere in the Middle East, not including military deployments?

So far I've been to Jordan and loved it. Petra, The Dead Sea, Amman, Jerash are all worth checking out.

Haven't been yet, but have Dubai plans for the future.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else been anywhere in the Middle East, not including military deployments?

So far I've been to Jordan and loved it. Petra, The Dead Sea, Amman, Jerash are all worth checking out.

Haven't been yet, but have Dubai plans for the future.

I’d love to visit Petra, Dubai, and Israel but In the distant future. IRight now, I would be concerned about safety, like being victimized by some antiAmerican fanatic.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Egypt for little over a week this year. No problems, tight security. Pyramids are amazing but get a quality tour guide or the hawkers will pester you to death.

Only negative was they canceled our trip up the Sinai to Israel because Israel was being snitty.

Was also in Dubai. Amazing place. Clean, safe, stunning architecture. If you go, get by the Dubai Mall in the evening to watch the water show. Done by the same oeople who do the Bellagio waters, plus they include the Burj which is fascinating. The Dubai Mall is enormous.

The gold and spice market interesting though the gold market is a tourist trap.

Whatever price you are quoted, offer back about 1/4 at least. And walk away. It's a fascinating game they play with tourists.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to visit Petra, Dubai, and Israel but In the distant future. IRight now, I would be concerned about safety, like being victimized by some antiAmerican fanatic.
Dubai is one of the safest places on earth, and Jordan is also very safe, all the signs are in English as well as Arabic, and the people like Americans, remember, they are one of our staunchest allies. I've been to Jordan 4 time, most recently last year, and have never felt unsafe.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Egypt for little over a week this year. No problems, tight security. Pyramids are amazing but get a quality tour guide or the hawkers will pester you to death.

Only negative was they canceled our trip up the Sinai to Israel because Israel was being snitty.

Was also in Dubai. Amazing place. Clean, safe, stunning architecture. If you go, get by the Dubai Mall in the evening to watch the water show. Done by the same oeople who do the Bellagio waters, plus they include the Burj which is fascinating. The Dubai Mall is enormous.

The gold and spice market interesting though the gold market is a tourist trap.

Whatever price you are quoted, offer back about 1/4 at least. And walk away. It's a fascinating game they play with tourists.

Not sure about Dubai, but In Jordan at least they do that with each other too, my wife told me when we first went that haggling is a big thing with arabs.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Dubai, but In Jordan at least they do that with each other too, my wife told me when we first went that haggling is a big thing with arabs.

In the markets in Dubai, haggling is a way of life. Egypt, it's a competitive sport.

For one item, we started at 1000, whatever currency, ended up at 100 and I probably still overpaid. Lol