• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waivers week 7

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 2 open bench spots in my short bench $ league I'm currently in 1st place and I've got several options I'm on the fence on.

This is a 10tm, 2QB, PPR league that has positional max of 6ea for both RB & WR. I have one of each on IR in Miles Sanders & Tank Dell. I have not carried a 3rd QB as my top rated duo of Mahomes & Josh Allen haven't given me reason to look at adding backup until now. Even if Allen plays I can't be confident his injury won't lead to him missing any games in the near future. With the first QB for me being week 10 I had planned on withing for another team dropping a decent QB in the upcoming weeks for Bye purposes and snagging them until after Allens bye in week 13. My current roster is:

QB-Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen
RB-Brian Robinson Jr, Miles Sanders(IR), Roschon Johnson, Kenneth Gainwell, Tyjae Spears, Zach Charbonnet
WR-Keenan Allen, Jaylen Waddle, Amari Copper, Tyler Lockett, Drake London, Tank Dell(IR)
TE-Logan Thomas, David Njoku
K-Jake Moody
Def-Eagles

RB is clearly my weakest position so it's my primary focus.

Question #1 for me this week involves Justice Hill and Elijah Mitchell. The available RBs pool consists of:

Justice Hill (46)*
Rico Dowdle (47)
Kareem Hunt (49)
Antonio Gibson (50)
Elijah Mitchell (52)
Tank Bigsby (53)
Samaje Perine (54)
Kendre Miller (55)
Ezekiel Elliott (56)
Joshua Kelly (57) *Fantasy Pros consensus ROS ranking

Others available who have been getting talked up by some:

Latavius Murray
Jamaal Williams
Jordan Mason
Zach Evans

I admittedly have an issue with short term pickups as I am always thinking ROS when considering WW pickups. I know this can lead to me dismissing players who could actually help me win weeks but that's just how I am. That said, the 2 players I think have the most upside ROS is are Hill & Mitchell.

Do you agree that those are the top 2 RBs I should be focusing on or do you rank others above them for ROS upside? Secondary question, would you drop Charbonnet or Gainwell in order to pickup another RB?

As for QB, the available QBs are a piss poor bunch:

Daniel Jones
Malik Willis

None of the other QBs available have a chance to start in the near future short of an injury. I'm inclined to not pick up one of them and see if anyone better gers dropped. Of course if Allen doesn't start I'm screwed. Thoughts?

I think Dells return is imminent so I'm not looking at making any WR moves but here are the available WRs:

Josh Reynolds
Zay Jones
Elijah Moore
Rashid Shaheed
Jayden Reed
Michael Wilson
Brandin Cooks
Kendrick Bourne
Jahan Dotson

Zep

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-QB and you got Mahomes and Allen ? Damn - - think you could do worse than Jones as a bye-week filler, but admittedly, he is volatile. On the RB front just from observation, Gibson and Dowdle standout to me as guys with the best opportunity to get you something in a pinch - they both play now and have no competition if the start goes down. ....
No WR is better than what you have. .....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 2 open bench spots in my short bench $ league I'm currently in 1st place and I've got several options I'm on the fence on.

This is a 10tm, 2QB, PPR league that has positional max of 6ea for both RB & WR. I have one of each on IR in Miles Sanders & Tank Dell. I have not carried a 3rd QB as my top rated duo of Mahomes & Josh Allen haven't given me reason to look at adding backup until now. Even if Allen plays I can't be confident his injury won't lead to him missing any games in the near future. With the first QB for me being week 10 I had planned on withing for another team dropping a decent QB in the upcoming weeks for Bye purposes and snagging them until after Allens bye in week 13. My current roster is:

QB-Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen
RB-Brian Robinson Jr, Miles Sanders(IR), Roschon Johnson, Kenneth Gainwell, Tyjae Spears, Zach Charbonnet
WR-Keenan Allen, Jaylen Waddle, Amari Copper, Tyler Lockett, Drake London, Tank Dell(IR)
TE-Logan Thomas, David Njoku
K-Jake Moody
Def-Eagles

RB is clearly my weakest position so it's my primary focus.

Question #1 for me this week involves Justice Hill and Elijah Mitchell. The available RBs pool consists of:

Justice Hill (46)*
Rico Dowdle (47)
Kareem Hunt (49)
Antonio Gibson (50)
Elijah Mitchell (52)
Tank Bigsby (53)
Samaje Perine (54)
Kendre Miller (55)
Ezekiel Elliott (56)
Joshua Kelly (57) *Fantasy Pros consensus ROS ranking

Others available who have been getting talked up by some:

Latavius Murray
Jamaal Williams
Jordan Mason
Zach Evans

I admittedly have an issue with short term pickups as I am always thinking ROS when considering WW pickups. I know this can lead to me dismissing players who could actually help me win weeks but that's just how I am. That said, the 2 players I think have the most upside ROS is are Hill & Mitchell.

Do you agree that those are the top 2 RBs I should be focusing on or do you rank others above them for ROS upside? Secondary question, would you drop Charbonnet or Gainwell in order to pickup another RB?

As for QB, the available QBs are a piss poor bunch:

Daniel Jones
Malik Willis

None of the other QBs available have a chance to start in the near future short of an injury. I'm inclined to not pick up one of them and see if anyone better gers dropped. Of course if Allen doesn't start I'm screwed. Thoughts?

I think Dells return is imminent so I'm not looking at making any WR moves but here are the available WRs:

Josh Reynolds
Zay Jones
Elijah Moore
Rashid Shaheed
Jayden Reed
Michael Wilson
Brandin Cooks
Kendrick Bourne
Jahan Dotson

Zep

I’d be a little hesitant with Mitchell. He’s been banged up, and while he might still be technically ahead of Mason, Mason has looked good.

Hill is frustratingly productive (I’m a Gus owner). He is the clear front runner, imo.

Lat Murray is a good pick up. I expect 8-12 carries a game ROS.

For WR, gimme Reed out of that list.

Picking up Kyle Allen might be your best bet for the QB wrinkle.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-QB and you got Mahomes and Allen ? Damn - - think you could do worse than Jones as a bye-week filler, but admittedly, he is volatile. On the RB front just from observation, Gibson and Dowdle standout to me as guys with the best opportunity to get you something in a pinch - they both play now and have no competition if the start goes down. ....
No WR is better than what you have. .....
I went QB QB to start the draft this year. First time I've ever done that but in this league passing TD's are worth six points so I thought it would not be such a bad idea to start that way and so far it hasn't been.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be a little hesitant with Mitchell. He’s been banged up, and while he might still be technically ahead of Mason, Mason has looked good.

Hill is frustratingly productive (I’m a Gus owner). He is the clear front runner, imo.

Lat Murray is a good pick up. I expect 8-12 carries a game ROS.

For WR, gimme Reed out of that list.

Picking up Kyle Allen might be your best bet for the QB wrinkle.
The Gus Edwards owner dropped him overnight so now both he and Hill are on the waiver wire.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went QB QB to start the draft this year. First time I've ever done that but in this league passing TD's are worth six points so I thought it would not be such a bad idea to start that way and so far it hasn't been.
There is no better way to start a superflex draft with those guys available. ....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gus Edwards owner dropped him overnight so now both he and Hill are on the waiver wire.

Usually, the “flashy” guy is the “between the 20’s” back and the plodder is the red zone/goal line back.

Ravens seemed to have flipped that cliche on its head.

Hard to suggest adding Gus, but if he were ever to just be given the job, he’d be an RB1.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, the “flashy” guy is the “between the 20’s” back and the plodder is the red zone/goal line back.

Ravens seemed to have flipped that cliche on its head.

Hard to suggest adding Gus, but if he were ever to just be given the job, he’d be an RB1.
I'm half tempted to attempt to get both Edwards and Hill and drop Gainwell and Charbonet for them.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm half tempted to attempt to get both Edwards and Hill and drop Gainwell and Charbonet for them.

3rd vote of confidence in doing that. both Gainwell and Charbs need an injury to become relevant. you at least have a decent flex RB locked up by grabbing the BAL backfield.

start Hill if you need to put one in this week, as long as he's getting the GL snaps, he's the ravens RB you want

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd vote of confidence in doing that. both Gainwell and Charbs need an injury to become relevant. you at least have a decent flex RB locked up by grabbing the BAL backfield.

start Hill if you need to put one in this week, as long as he's getting the GL snaps, he's the ravens RB you want
Success! I got both of them and dropped Gainwell. I'll have to make a decision on dropping an RV once Sanders comes off my IR which will most likely be dropping Chards.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success! I got both of them and dropped Gainwell. I'll have to make a decision on dropping an RV once Sanders comes off my IR which will most likely be dropping Chards.

Been hard to resist the urge to drop Sanders in redraft but he was playing hurt leading up to bring out last week, so hopefully he's healthy for their upcoming matchups. Run defenses get a lot easier after their bye

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hard to resist the urge to drop Sanders in redraft but he was playing hurt leading up to bring out last week, so hopefully he's healthy for their upcoming matchups. Run defenses get a lot easier after their bye

Available in D1 and D2
I’m pretty unhappy with my recent Dotson trade too (D1).

Food for thought.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you’re not in D1 and 1-5 in D2, I’m guessing you don’t care. :doh:

Yeah, I'm more so interested in RBs on their first team/contract if I'm trading for them.
Even if that means I have to start guys like Craig Reynolds, Rico Dowdle, Ty Chandler, Matt Breida and other waiver scraps for a spell

(I have started all of those RBs this season and probably will some more before its all done with Reynolds and Dowdle...yikes)