• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Week 5-6 Game Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.

I just don't get why Riley thought this small ball garbage can still work without Lebron. He destroyed this team in free agency. He had a chance to change from small ball and he stuck with that garbage

Once James left, other then making the Bosh decision, Riley basically had to try for best available.

That happened to be Deng.

I'm not really sure he thought the same type of small ball would work, Im more with the thought process of he didn't have much choice.

Regardless, we suck on D, and we are void of offense.
Beasley should still be on this team, for at least this and next season.
Then evaluate and go from there.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To quote C3PO, if we don't get healthy and if Spolestra does not get a clue, we are doomed! How does Spolestra go from starting Williams to not allowing the man to play? I just scratch my head sometime. Without Cole, our PG defense takes a huge hit. Without Bird, our defense down low is awful.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
See a schism being created between Wade and Spolestra if they don't fix things soon. Not a surprise that Riley was in the stands traveling with the team. Wade has come out more directly and said that he thinks there is a problem with the defensive system. I agree with him. The coaches have not adjusted to their new reality.

Also, if you want to understand why most on here think Spolestra is not very wise with his substitution patterns, then just let this marinate.....the Heat only had 20 rebounds in this game....their lowest regular season total and their all time leading rebounder did not set a foot on the court.....!!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebounds are not just about having size - its about effort, focus and want to... often times, the problem with the Heat rebounding is they just dont try hard enough - then again, effort and focus is a weakness for the Heat in all phases of their game.

Again, funny how when UD often gets minutes people are critical of it, now they want him out there...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me the Lance Stephenson trade rumors are just fabricated stories. He cannot be a member of the Heat. -- Andy.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: Well, at least not until Dec. 15, the first day he is eligible to be traded. With Stephenson's $9 million salary, it would take a package of Josh McRoberts and Mario Chalmers from the Heat to make it work. And the Hornets then likely would want to unload the $7 million salary of Marvin Williams, the player they signed to replace McRoberts. To your greater point, there has been nothing tangible about such a deal. But an argument could be made that the Hornets dearly miss McRoberts, while Stephenson's skill set fits some of what the Heat lack in their perimeter rotation. But I still think the Heat want to first explore the possibilities of McRoberts and Danny Granger, and I'm not sure Michael Jordan would want to bail so quickly on one of his first marquee free-agent acquisitions beyond Al Jefferson. But this Heat roster still doesn't have much outside of Wade when it comes to creating offense when the offense stalls. That became evident Friday against the Bucks.

Q: How does Shawne Williams go from starter to fourth big man? And why Justin Hamilton? -- Theo.

A: I don't get the Shawne part, especially since he had been defending centers when he started alongside Chris Bosh, so it's not as if he wouldn't be able to enter at center or power forward. With Hamilton, I'm guessing the thought is to get him on the floor for his mix of bulk and 3-point shooting. But those are the minutes that Chris Andersen gets when healthy, and Birdman hardly is a 3-point threat. It would seem of what's otherwise available that Udonis Haslem would more closely resemble the inside grit that Andersen offers (and perhaps eventually Hassan Whiteside could offer). I would think when Birdman returns that Hamilton would fade to the end of the rotation. Yes, Justin had his moments Friday, but they came in one of the Heat's worst performances of the season.

Q: As to the sports writing about the Heat, your repetition with Erik Spoelstra and now Chris Bosh is absolutely painful. Every day for the last four years, at least, it's, "We're working on it. It's a process, etc." Can you guys ever get them to talk about anything interesting? -- Carl.

A: What you can't do is put words in people's mouths. And an organization led by Pat Riley tends to talk in catchphrases, whether owned or borrowed. With the Heat, the goal is to parse the words to get something more than claptrap out of the mix. But just as the Heat have core beliefs in how they run their defense, they also have core beliefs organizationally, which you tend to hear over and over and over. But that also is what entices free agents and outside players, that the approach is consistent, the demands understood, the expectations unwavering. You're hearing the same things because the goal is to consistently get the players to do the same things. Sorry. Of course, at this point, it would be nice to hear something and see something different.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rebounds are not just about having size - its about effort, focus and want to... often times, the problem with the Heat rebounding is they just dont try hard enough - then again, effort and focus is a weakness for the Heat in all phases of their game.

Again, funny how when UD often gets minutes people are critical of it, now they want him out there...
Yes...absolutely brilliant....when you need rebounds, you just tell your guys to try harder and don't put in the better rebounders per minute on your team (Haslem and Williams). Stop making excuses for this coaching staff. They have not done a good job outside of the 3-0 start.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...absolutely brilliant....when you need rebounds, you just tell your guys to try harder and don't put in the better rebounders per minute on your team (Haslem and Williams). Stop making excuses for this coaching staff. They have not done a good job outside of the 3-0 start.

Hey guys, been a while as I've been busy with work, given the holidays (damn IT field). The start to the season has been disappointing so far. I agree with everyone on here, the staff is similar to that of the U's (with Al Golden). The Heat's staff stayed married to this scheme when they didn't have the necessary components (namely Lebron). With the Heat's roster, the Heat should be around the 4th/5th best record in the East, but that's not the case. Riley needs to make a trade, probably McRoberts and Chalmers for a big so that we can put Bosh back at PF. I haven't been able to watch many games this year, but only getting 20 rebounds is pathetic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want no part of Lance Stephenson on the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade would be dumb. Lance is a role player and also that doesn't solve any of major issues at all. We need a center and an experienced pg. The only issue that lance can help with is perimeter defense

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobodys giving up a quality big for Chalmers/McRoberts.

The only way to acquire a quality big is to pay for one.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobodys giving up a quality big for Chalmers/McRoberts.

The only way to acquire a quality big is to pay for one.

I shouldn't have said quality. All I want is a big man who can rebound and block some shots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Anthony or Bitch:noidea:

Joel actually would've been a really good defensive center if he had more size. He was the same height as Lebron I believe.

I actually would take Joel on this team. His pick & roll defense was outstanding and he did block shots

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel actually would've been a really good defensive center if he had more size. He was the same height as Lebron I believe.

I actually would take Joel on this team. His pick & roll defense was outstanding and he did block shots

Teams didn't even account for him on the offensive side of the court.
We already can't score.
If Anthony had a major role with this roster we would struggle to get to 80-85 on a lot of nights.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris Cole (illness) and Luol Deng (hand) both practiced with reeling Heat in Memphis today. Heat play Grizzlies Sunday at 6 p.m.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ira Winderman

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, you clowns now are talking about Joel Anthony - another guy this board undervalued when he was here and now wants him back? first you belittle the regular season for years, now in panic mode this year? good times on this board with you clowns. And I get accused of overreaction? thats great