• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Week 5-6 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat next game is Tuesday Novemember 25 vs the Golden State Warrios then the 30th - Then have the Games vs Washington, Atlanta, Milwuakee and Memphis... We can follow the next few weeks games on this thread since this coming week is a short week in terms of amount of games

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRI to come tomorrow but x-rays negative on Birman.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how bog is this Hassan Whiteside kid that we are bringing in?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how bog is this Hassan Whiteside kid that we are bringing in?

He's 7 foot.....not big in body weight but height is height.

I was trying to find his numbers from the d-league but couldn't find his season avgs

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The kid has played well in D-league but so has Birch and Tyler.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to nbc sports, he averaged 21pts 15 rebounds and 6 blocks in iowa team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to nbc sports, he averaged 21pts 15 rebounds and 6 blocks in iowa team

I don't read much into points in the d-league but his rebounding & shot blocking numbers does catches my eye.

We need better rebounding and obviously a rim protector.

With Bird being injured again, I can see him playing almost as soon as he lands in Miami

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-League source confirms to Sun Sentinel this morning that Heat will call up shot-blocking center Hassan Whiteside from Iowa Energy.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee remains out, with Andrew Bogut, Leandro Barbosa listed as questionable for Warriors Tue. vs. Heat due to injuries sustained Sunday

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Chalmers still thinks he is the best player on the floor. And with his move to shooting guard, it's sometimes hard to argue with him. -- Paul, Sunrise.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
@eddieomaha Good points
GARRETTKALL
AT 1:56 PM NOVEMBER 24, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: I think without the responsibilities of having to facilitate as much for others, or cover the backcourt when a shot goes up, it has been liberating for Chalmers. For years, I have pointed to his innate ability to get to the rim and his passive approach too often against doing so. When Chalmers attacks, or, for that matter any player attacks, it gets the defense moving, which opens opportunities for others. Chalmers in attack mode is significant. The problem is the aggression with his ballhandling far from the basket sometimes gets him in trouble, as it almost did (actually did) near the end of the game against Charlotte.

Q: The Dwyane Wade situation is getting old. Chris Bosh can't be expected to carry this team by himself. -- Faye.

A: It seems the Heat's reality for these next two seasons will be to try to remain afloat when Wade is out, and then attack the schedule when Wade is available. But, as with any injury, it will be interesting to see where Wade stands when he returns. If there is going to be an extended readjustment period each time he returns, then the absences take a much larger toll on the overall record. For now, it's been one injury. The real issue is how long before the next. The Wade Watch has become the Heat's reality.

Q: Am I the only one who really sees the long-term approach with this team? There's still a lot of talent on this team, but everyone is still trying to get healthy and learn each other. To quote Erik Spoelstra, this is still about the "process." We still have two future Hall of Famers, in Wade and Bosh, two extremely high IQ starters, in Josh McRoberts and Luol Deng, a young point guard, in Shabazz Napier, who, in my mind, will be in the top half of point guards by the end of the season, a sixth man, in Mario Chalmers, who's proving his worth and only getting more comfortable with his role, and Chris Andersen, Udonis Haslem, Danny Granger and James Ennis who can provide at least a little something in their limited minutes. They're in a good spot. I can see them making a bit of a run toward the end of the season, so even if they stay at .500 'til the All-Star break, that'd be a good place to be. Once the playoffs hit, the hope is that continuity will be there and they have the talent to compete with any other team in the East, including the Bulls and Cavs. Heat fans should've known that this wasn't going to be easy, but it'll still be fun! -- Martin, Los Angeles.

A: I agree with your point of hanging near .500 and then hoping for one or two big moves that can push the record north and improve the seeding. But there still are many, many, many questions left to be answered.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was rather shocking considering that Brown started the last 2 games but they released Brown to make room for Whiteside.

It also good means that Wade is coming back very very soon.....same for Cole

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat have waived Shannon Brown to make room for Hassan Whiteside.
Whiteside will wear No. 21 for Heat.
Even with Shannon Brown waived, it remains unlikely Dwyane Wade plays Tuesday and Cole also is unlikely to return from dislocated finger.

Per Ira Winderman

- very unfortunate for Shannon Brown after he has helped the last couple of games as a starter and a little before that off the bench in what were insignificant minutes because Diva Wade decided not to play.

I like the addition of the big guy, but dumb move at this point if it is expected for Diva Wade to be out another couple games with effects of his recent pap smear - This almost spells the end of Chris Andersen as a significant piece to this team this season - Though as has often been the case, the Heat often add a guy they claim they would like to use and that could help them, and then they are left to rot on the bench. As always, though - He will have to earn his minutes - but he could certainly help us immediately

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this put the end to anything.

Bird will still get minutes.

We haven't even seen how this kid looks in the NBA

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust in Riley

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wade out tonight. Cole is probably and Birdman out for a while....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat have already deemed whiteside as a “developmental player” so, again it speaks to what I said before - this team is adding a guy that will probably have rot on the bench when he could be useful on the court and released a guy that helped us recently. This is a horrible way to treat both Shannon Brown and Whiteside

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris Cole for Dion Waiters. Beneficial for both teams. Good backup at shooting guard for the Heat, plus more and consistent minutes for Shabazz Napier. Would you go for it if you were to decide for Miami? How about if for Cavs? Is this possible? -- Frances, Philippines.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
i am shocked that brown was released, we need his D.
SETOU_2001
AT 3:46 PM NOVEMBER 25, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: While I don't usually address rumors (and I'm not even sure this is a rumor), I've been asked about the permutation often enough that I might as well bite. But I preface it with this: There has been absolutely no known discussion, nor even word of potential interest by either of the sides. Beyond that, the Heat are in a comfortable cap position with Cole playing under an expiring contract for $2 million this season, with the Heat in position to match outside offers in restricted free agency next summer. Waiters, by contrast, is due $4.1 million this season and $5.1 million next season, so the Heat would have to find a way to send enough out to make such a deal work under the cap. (And just about any "extra" salary for the Heat would not be tradable by the Heat until at least Dec. 15.) Beyond all of that, Erik Spoelstra and Pat Riley often talk about "a Heat type of player," and I'm not sure Waiters would fill that mold. But you (and others who have mentioned the possibility) are correct that it could address issues for both teams. But unless the Cavaliers get comfortable with Mike Miller or James Jones, the reality is that they might actually need Waiters.

Q: Ira, what is going on with the Danny Granger situation, can you shed some light on this? He claims to be rejuvenated and ready to go, but he can't even crack the rotation. Thoughts? -- Daniel, New York.

A: The Heat are taking the slow-go approach with Granger, just as they did with Mike Miller and Shane Battier when they had similar muscular issues. I think Granger starting a week ago in Brooklyn took everyone by surprise, but I think the plan for the short term is to utilize Granger only when needed, and then hope to have more minutes banked for the second half of the season. I still view Granger as instrumental to any playoff or even playoff-race success for the Heat. They need another wing scorer, especially amid the uncertainty with Dwyane Wade. Granger currently is being held out because of his rehab, not because he can't crack the rotation.

Q: Forget about nicknames and first names on those Christmas Day jerseys. The NBA should just put everyone's salary on them. -- David.

A: Not enough room. That would be like putting Antetokounmpo on everyone's jersey.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I make any judgements I got to see how this kid plays. Shannon Brown was averaging 4 points a game. He was important. If this kid can play center even decently for stretches and allow Bosh to go back to 4 for some minutes, this move was good.