• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt decisions are made by coaching staffs based on preseason numbers. Opportunity to put up numbers is gonna be based on a lot of things. But stats from the four games, imo, won't be impactful.

I watched Zach Zenner lead the league in rushing as a rookie, in the preseason. In games that count he only gets carries because somebody has to get carries. Wish he could stay healthy, he's a solid football player.

They evaluate performance for sure. That isn't just about numbers. Jones' performance has been awful. And to suggest that doesn't matter is pretty short sighted. Because coaches play the guys they trust. And I don't see how any coach could trust Jones given what he has put on tape to date.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt decisions are made by coaching staffs based on preseason numbers. Opportunity to put up numbers is gonna be based on a lot of things. But stats from the four games, imo, won't be impactful.

I watched Zach Zenner lead the league in rushing as a rookie, in the preseason. In games that count he only gets carries because somebody has to get carries. Wish he could stay healthy, he's a solid football player.

Go read Rotoworld's latest blurb on Jones that was posted a few minutes ago.

The gist is this:

Jones is listed 3rd on the Bucs RB depth chart and Rotoworld is advising people not to draft him at all.

My bet is that outside of dynasty leagues, because his role will be so limited early, most if not all redraft owners will drop him before he has any real shot to overtake Barber.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The gist is this:

Jones is listed 3rd on the Bucs RB depth chart and Rotoworld is advising people not to draft him at all.

My bet is that outside of dynasty leagues, because his role will be so limited early, most if not all redraft owners will drop him before he has any real shot to overtake Barber.
this seems like a futile discussion.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The gist is this:

nobody doubts this... But if barber struggles, how long do you think he can last?? they have nothing invested in him... its not about week one projections, it is the probbability of Jones overtaking the job.... Much more can happen for him to take over than Barber keeping the job....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody doubts this... But if barber struggles, how long do you think he can last?? they have nothing invested in him... its not about week one projections, it is the probbability of Jones overtaking the job.... Much more can happen for him to take over than Barber keeping the job....
base on performance, probability thta jones turns it around is not looking good right now

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
base on performance, probability thta jones turns it around is not looking good right now

well, heres the thing, Peyton Barber was decent last year... but if he wasn't good enough for the front office to think he was the solution for 2018... So what is clear, is that the team does not have confidence in him... so he needs to be more than serviceable to keep his job...

question- if you are not going to have a good running game would you rather go with the player that the team has investments in or the WHO cares back??

you just dont lose with a replacement available that you have more invested in... you would rather have that player fail miserably for you than just not start him... wouldn't ya??

this is all of course with the assumption Barber(or even Carson in seattle) dont become stud backs( or even top 20)...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, heres the thing, Peyton Barber was decent last year... but if he wasn't good enough for the front office to think he was the solution for 2018... So what is clear, is that the team does not have confidence in him... so he needs to be more than serviceable to keep his job...

question- if you are not going to have a good running game would you rather go with the player that the team has investments in or the WHO cares back??

you just dont lose with a replacement available that you have more invested in... you would rather have that player fail miserably for you than just not start him... wouldn't ya??

this is all of course with the assumption Barber(or even Carson in seattle) dont become stud backs( or even top 20)...
ehh alot of teams have adopted 2 backs, drafting one doesnt mean they dont like barber

im gonna take the better player, period......and even struggling some thats barber for the foreseeable future pending a miracle

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh alot of teams have adopted 2 backs, drafting one doesnt mean they dont like barber

im gonna take the better player, period......and even struggling some thats barber for the foreseeable future pending a miracle

but 2 backs is the last thing you want if you are a barber owner... you dont want Jones to show up barber EVER...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but 2 backs is the last thing you want if you are a barber owner... you dont want Jones to show up barber EVER...
i understand that. but ur argument about drafting a back shows they have no confidence in barber just isnt true.......

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps they view barber as a 1, and jones as the #2, and they wanted to draft a high end #2? its possible

thats a stretch... i know you are just playing devils advocate, but dont think this scenario is the right one for that...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put it like this....

You own both Jones and Penny in MBBRL. How long do you think you will have both rostered? My bet is that you drop at least 1 (if not both) by week 7, maybe earlier.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it like this....

You own both Jones and Penny in MBBRL. How long do you think you will have both rostered? My bet is that you drop at least 1 (if not both) by week 7, maybe earlier.

we will see won't we... i have them both in MBBRL...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They evaluate performance for sure. That isn't just about numbers. Jones' performance has been awful. And to suggest that doesn't matter is pretty short sighted. Because coaches play the guys they trust. And I don't see how any coach could trust Jones given what he has put on tape to date.
Performance definitely matters.

Execution matters. But stats in preseason games aren't the end all of either of those. Three hours on a random Thursday is just part of it.

The two leading rushers from this preaseason aren't on active rosters for Week 1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Performance definitely matters.

Execution matters. But stats in preseason games aren't the end all of either of those. Three hours on a random Thursday is just part of it.

The two leading rushers from this preaseason aren't on active rosters for Week 1.
reports were he struggled in practice as well