• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have come to the conclusion that I am gonna shock you guys at pick 13 (2.1)
Get your popcorn ready!
Hate to break this to you but TO isn't playing anymore. .... :D

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we had a startup dynasty draft yesterday (via Monkey) and it was the first 16 team league I've ever drafted. 22 rounds. Right at 4 hours. Things got really thin about round 8. Here's my roster in case you guys have never done a 16 teamer for what it looks like:

Zuul's Lefty Bandits

QB Wentz, Carson - PHI (round 4 pick #62)
QB Keenum, Case - DEN (round 13 pick #195)
QB Darnold, Sam (R) - NYJ (round 17 pick #259)
RB Johnson, David - ARI (round 1 pick #3)
RB Johnson Jr., Duke - CLE (round 5 pick #67)
RB Guice, Derrius (R) - WAS (round 8 pick #126)
RB Riddick, Theo - DET (round 9 pick #131)
RB Walton, Mark (R) - CIN (round 12 pick #190)
RB Smith, Rod - DAL (round 18 pick #286)
WR Hilton, T.Y. - IND (round 3 pick #35)
WR Kupp, Cooper - LAR (round 6 pick #94)
WR Cobb, Randall - GB (round 7 pick #99)
WR Godwin, Chris - TB (round 10 pick #157)
WR Allison, Geronimo - GB (round 14 pick #222)
WR Boyd, Tyler - CIN (round 16 pick #254)
WR Coutee, Keke (R) - HOU (round 20 pick #318)
TE Ertz, Zach - PHI (round 2 pick #30)
TE Henry, Hunter - LAC (round 11 pick #163)
TE Goedert, Dallas (R) - PHI (round 15 pick #227)
K McManus, Brandon - DEN (round 21 pick #323)
ID Ogletree, Alec - NYG (round 19 pick #291)
ID Hitchens, Anthony - KC (round 22 pick #350)

Already put Derrius Guice and Hunter Henry on IR and added Alfred Blue and Deangelo Henderson

So I actually had Deandre Hopkins ranked higher in the 1st round but it just scared me to death at what running backs would be left by the time it got back to me and I'm really glad I did because I'd be chasing a RB1 for the next 4 years if I didn't do that as there were already 16 running backs gone when it came back to me. Having the full point PPR made absolutely no difference in draft strategy for anybody as running backs were still flying off the board at a crazy pace. I had decided before the draft that I wanted either Ertz or Kelce if they were there in the 2nd round because I just feel like the advantage having a top tight end in a 16 team league is even greater than in a 12 team league. 3rd round was best WR available in Hilton. 4th round Wentz was at the top of my list and I was happy to pay the price for not having to worry about quarterback for the next 10 years hopefully and there were already 26 running backs off the board. 5th round I had to get another running back and yes Duke Johnson was the best available. Went with Cooper Kupp in round 6 and I had actually considered him in round 5 so I was happy he fell another 27 picks to the next round. Round 7 I really needed another running back, but they were all such a reach at that point that I went with Cobb. I had already told myself that if Guice made it back around I was going to take him in round 8 and he made it back, so I got him with pick 126. Round 9 I had to reach for a running back since I only had two guys that would play this year so I went with another 3rd down back in Riddick and then grabbed Chris Godwin in round 10. Round 11 I told Lefty (who co-owns the team with and came over for the draft) that I just felt like we had to take Hunter Henry at that point because the value was just too great at pick #163 so that's what we did. Round 12 I got the rookie running back I targeted in Mark Walton and in round 13 we went backup quarterback because there had already been 18 drafted and we didn't want to get stuck with one of the lower ones so we went with Keenum because 4 more went that round. At that point we were throwing darts at guys with upside hence with Geronimo Allison and Dallas Goedert in 14 and 15. Wanted to get another guy that would actually be on the field some with Tyler Boyd. And the value of Sam Darnold in round 17 was too much to pass on. Went with Rod Smith in case Zeke gets hurt and Keke Coutee has had a lot of great things said about him in camp, but at pick 318 we were really just looking for guys with a pulse. Interesting note, a couple of guys had to leave the draft early and it auto picked for them and one guy ended up with 3 kickers and the other guy with 4 kickers, so they got pretty damn thin in the late rounds.

Maybe Barilko and Monkey will post their teams for comparison, but I think this team has a chance to make the playoffs this year, but with Guice and Henry a great future to look forward to. I was really surprised that both of them dropped so far. Some interesting picks that guys here might be interested in:

1st quarterback Desean Watson in the 3rd round pick #40 and it wasn't Barilko

1st tight end was Travis Kelce who went with the first pick of the 2nd round pick #17 (I get it though, if the guy really wanted him, there was no way he was making it back to pick #48)

Rookies went as follows: Barkley (#5), Freeman (#36), Penny (#47), Michel (#52), Ronald Jones (#57), Kerryon Johnson (#66), Chubb (#70), D.J. Moore (#72), Ridley (#88), Nyheim Hines (#120), Gallup (#125), Guice (#126), Christian Kirk (#132) James Washington (#150), Anthony Miller (#155), Dante Pettis (#162), Kalen Ballage (#164), Jordan Wilkins (#166) and lots more but that's the first 11 rounds.

1st rookie tight end was Mike Gesecki with pick #189

1st rookie quarterback was Baker Mayfield with pick #191

Josh Gordon went with pick #48

Dez Bryant went with pick #154

If there's anybody else that you care about or want to know where they went just let me know.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say that is a dang good team for a 16 team league.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we had a startup dynasty draft yesterday (via Monkey) and it was the first 16 team league I've ever drafted. 22 rounds. Right at 4 hours. Things got really thin about round 8. Here's my roster in case you guys have never done a 16 teamer for what it looks like:

Zuul's Lefty Bandits

QB Wentz, Carson - PHI (round 4 pick #62)
QB Keenum, Case - DEN (round 13 pick #195)
QB Darnold, Sam (R) - NYJ (round 17 pick #259)
RB Johnson, David - ARI (round 1 pick #3)
RB Johnson Jr., Duke - CLE (round 5 pick #67)
RB Guice, Derrius (R) - WAS (round 8 pick #126)
RB Riddick, Theo - DET (round 9 pick #131)
RB Walton, Mark (R) - CIN (round 12 pick #190)
RB Smith, Rod - DAL (round 18 pick #286)
WR Hilton, T.Y. - IND (round 3 pick #35)
WR Kupp, Cooper - LAR (round 6 pick #94)
WR Cobb, Randall - GB (round 7 pick #99)
WR Godwin, Chris - TB (round 10 pick #157)
WR Allison, Geronimo - GB (round 14 pick #222)
WR Boyd, Tyler - CIN (round 16 pick #254)
WR Coutee, Keke (R) - HOU (round 20 pick #318)
TE Ertz, Zach - PHI (round 2 pick #30)
TE Henry, Hunter - LAC (round 11 pick #163)
TE Goedert, Dallas (R) - PHI (round 15 pick #227)
K McManus, Brandon - DEN (round 21 pick #323)
ID Ogletree, Alec - NYG (round 19 pick #291)
ID Hitchens, Anthony - KC (round 22 pick #350)

Already put Derrius Guice and Hunter Henry on IR and added Alfred Blue and Deangelo Henderson

So I actually had Deandre Hopkins ranked higher in the 1st round but it just scared me to death at what running backs would be left by the time it got back to me and I'm really glad I did because I'd be chasing a RB1 for the next 4 years if I didn't do that as there were already 16 running backs gone when it came back to me. Having the full point PPR made absolutely no difference in draft strategy for anybody as running backs were still flying off the board at a crazy pace. I had decided before the draft that I wanted either Ertz or Kelce if they were there in the 2nd round because I just feel like the advantage having a top tight end in a 16 team league is even greater than in a 12 team league. 3rd round was best WR available in Hilton. 4th round Wentz was at the top of my list and I was happy to pay the price for not having to worry about quarterback for the next 10 years hopefully and there were already 26 running backs off the board. 5th round I had to get another running back and yes Duke Johnson was the best available. Went with Cooper Kupp in round 6 and I had actually considered him in round 5 so I was happy he fell another 27 picks to the next round. Round 7 I really needed another running back, but they were all such a reach at that point that I went with Cobb. I had already told myself that if Guice made it back around I was going to take him in round 8 and he made it back, so I got him with pick 126. Round 9 I had to reach for a running back since I only had two guys that would play this year so I went with another 3rd down back in Riddick and then grabbed Chris Godwin in round 10. Round 11 I told Lefty (who co-owns the team with and came over for the draft) that I just felt like we had to take Hunter Henry at that point because the value was just too great at pick #163 so that's what we did. Round 12 I got the rookie running back I targeted in Mark Walton and in round 13 we went backup quarterback because there had already been 18 drafted and we didn't want to get stuck with one of the lower ones so we went with Keenum because 4 more went that round. At that point we were throwing darts at guys with upside hence with Geronimo Allison and Dallas Goedert in 14 and 15. Wanted to get another guy that would actually be on the field some with Tyler Boyd. And the value of Sam Darnold in round 17 was too much to pass on. Went with Rod Smith in case Zeke gets hurt and Keke Coutee has had a lot of great things said about him in camp, but at pick 318 we were really just looking for guys with a pulse. Interesting note, a couple of guys had to leave the draft early and it auto picked for them and one guy ended up with 3 kickers and the other guy with 4 kickers, so they got pretty damn thin in the late rounds.

Maybe Barilko and Monkey will post their teams for comparison, but I think this team has a chance to make the playoffs this year, but with Guice and Henry a great future to look forward to. I was really surprised that both of them dropped so far. Some interesting picks that guys here might be interested in:

1st quarterback Desean Watson in the 3rd round pick #40 and it wasn't Barilko

1st tight end was Travis Kelce who went with the first pick of the 2nd round pick #17 (I get it though, if the guy really wanted him, there was no way he was making it back to pick #48)

Rookies went as follows: Barkley (#5), Freeman (#36), Penny (#47), Michel (#52), Ronald Jones (#57), Kerryon Johnson (#66), Chubb (#70), D.J. Moore (#72), Ridley (#88), Nyheim Hines (#120), Gallup (#125), Guice (#126), Christian Kirk (#132) James Washington (#150), Anthony Miller (#155), Dante Pettis (#162), Kalen Ballage (#164), Jordan Wilkins (#166) and lots more but that's the first 11 rounds.

1st rookie tight end was Mike Gesecki with pick #189

1st rookie quarterback was Baker Mayfield with pick #191

Josh Gordon went with pick #48

Dez Bryant went with pick #154

If there's anybody else that you care about or want to know where they went just let me know.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks too for the wall of text.
Can't believe you took a kicker before your IDP.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks too for the wall of text.
Can't believe you took a kicker before your IDP.

I was by far the last guy to take an IDP. I just let everybody else take all of theirs first. Some people took their first IDP in round 11. And I took the kicker in round 21 because the guy that had 4 was on that end of me, so the kicker in I took was actually kicker #15 but I was worried that he would take 2 more by the time it came back again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure other teams look good as well, but I’d say you got a good chance to win the league.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I took the kicker in round 21 because the guy that had 4 was on that end of me, so the kicker in I took was actually kicker #15 but I was worried that he would take 2 more by the time it came back again.
Am I reading this right?
Someone drafted 4 kickers?
:crazy:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pos Player Rnd Ov
QB Roethlisberger - PIT 8 116
QB Prescott, Dak - DAL 9 141
QB Dalton, Andy - CIN 13 205
RB Cook, Dalvin - MIN 1 13
RB Michel, Sony - NE 4 52
RB Conner,James - PIT 10 148
RB Blount, LeGarr - DET 11 173
RB McGuire, Elijah - NYJ 15 237
RB Samuels, Jayle - PIT 17 269
WR Evans, Mike - TB 2 20
WR Smith-S, JuJu- PIT 3 45
RWT Crowder,Jam - WAS 6 84
WR Shepard, Sterl - NYG 7 109
WR Beasley, Cole - DAL 16 244
WR Kearse, Jerma - NYJ 18 276
RB Lindsay, Phillip -DEN 20 308 (already dropped for Chad Williams)
TE Rudolph, Kyle - MIN 5 77
TE Smith, Jonnu - TEN 22 340
ID Mosley, C.J. - BAL 12 180
ID Edmunds, Trem - BUF 14 212
ID Marshall, Brand - DEN 21 333
K Gano, Graham - CAR 19 301

QB - BigBen (15th QB), Dak (20th), Dalton (30th): knew that once I took BigBen, I'd have to get at least 1 more QB in a hurry, never know if he'll hang them up after any given season from here on out. Reached a little bit and took Dak in the 9th after Ben in the 8th, but I wanted some youth at the position and pickings were getting slim. Took Dalton just for the value after we got that deep in the QB pool, again, at least have serviceable options should Ben quit after this year.

RB - Cook (10th RB), Michel (26th), Conner (56th), Blount (63rd), McGuire (77th), Samuels (85th):
Missed a big group between 26 and 56 overall RBs being selected, even for a 16 team league. But with it being full PPR, I wanted to make sure I had 4 WR with good floors and early in career, so RB paid dearly. Lat Murray going in round 7 when I thought I'd be safe to wait until round 9 was rough. Really, the magnitude of drafting 16 caught me off guard on several occasions. Michel - I wanted to get one of the rookie RBs and one of the 2nd yr guys on my squad, so mission accomplished. LeVeon Bell just needs to move on from PIT next year already!!! Doubling down on Steelers not bringing any other RBs in after losing Bell to FA next year in this league and Bandits. Nabbed Blount as a nice 1, maybe 2 year rental if he signs with another team as a short yardage mercenary next year. Really just needed someone who would get touches at that point in the draft. Elijah McGuire was my RB I wanted that I knew I could wait on - I think he's the reason the Jets didn't get in on the rookie RBs this past draft, and his injury before the preseaon games made him invisible.

WR - Evans (8th WR), JuJu (19th), Crowder (33rd), Shepard (44th), Beasley (86th), Kearse (93rd), ChadWilliams (FA): Loved getting Evans to anchor this crew, young, big, and fairly consistent on the catches and yardage, wouldn't mind seeing the TDs settle down into an 8-12 range annually.
Reached a little for both JuJu and Crowder, but I wanted them, and wasn't guaranteed they would have made it back in their respective turns. Shepard rounds out my young guns at WR that was one of my main draft goals, like the youth plus silky smooth route runners I was able to put together. Beasley/Kearse were great bargains for guys that should be involved THIS year, perhaps nothing more than bye week fill-ins, but that late in the draft in a big league - those guys were needed.

TE - Rudolph (6th TE), Jonnu Smith (38th)
went against my normal strategy here for TE, took one relatively early and didn't get one of the top backups, was left scraping the bottom of the barrel. Total F up on my part - I had Ricky Seals-Jones queued up and was talking about drafting him, then for whatever reason when I came up on the clock, I felt the need to reach for Jaylen Samuels and the guy I was talking to drafted RSJ 2 picks later. Fingers crossed Delanie just gets tired of taking the hits and hangs'em up after this season.

IDP - Mosely (3rd IDP), Edmunds (9th), Marshall (36th)
I wanted to make sure that I got high tackle volume inside LBs, and wanted 2 of them to be young
If all 3 stay healthy, I think I'll have a problem picking which 2 to start - if Marshall plays 15+ games, I think he'll set his PR for tackles on the season - - - easy sledding behind Miller/Chubb, opposing OL won't be able to slow Marshall down at all

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I reading this right?
Someone drafted 4 kickers?
:crazy:

they didn't set up their auto draft right, and decided to go out to the bars instead of finish the last 5-6 rounds.

gonna be killer once both owners that F'd up (another guy has 3 K) drop their extra kickers and thin the free agents out even more, even if it is only another 2-3 guys gone, it is pretty barren.