• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big move. The market here is hot hot for sellers, not sure how it is in Chicago.
Course once you sell, you become a renter or buyer and that's expensive.
The wife and I are sort of gypsies (6 or maybe 7 moves since marriage) - though we've never strayed more than a 10 miles from where we started. Are you guys remaining in the Chicago area ?
It's complicated as to why we're moving.
But the short version is we're going smaller in preparation for retirement and so there is less to take care of.
Yes, we're staying in the area.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the short version is we're going smaller in preparation for retirement and so there is less to take care of.
Yep - IMO that's the thing to do. .....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how far outside of Chicago are you looking?

have a cousin that live in Madison, likes it a lot.
(But he's from iowa, so there's that)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how far outside of Chicago are you looking?

have a cousin that live in Madison, likes it a lot.
(But he's from iowa, so there's that)
We're already outside Chicago. Essentially in between Chicago and Rockford. Looking to stay in the vicinity. It's close to work. Taxes are better than other surrounding burbs.
It's a bittersweet move though. Thought this would be my last house. Our backyard looks over the 8th green of the golf course behind us. Beautiful view.
Everything went down hill when my old CEO lied about our profits. 401k tanked because of it. I eventually got laid off. Burned through savings. Then the housing market crashed.
We tried to make work but we're losing the battle. It's sad. I'm done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're already outside Chicago. Essentially in between Chicago and Rockford. Looking to stay in the vicinity. It's close to work. Taxes are better than other surrounding burbs.
It's a bittersweet move though. Thought this would be my last house. Our backyard looks over the 8th green of the golf course behind us. Beautiful view.
Everything went down hill when my old CEO lied about our profits. 401k tanked because of it. I eventually got laid off. Burned through savings. Then the housing market crashed.
Once you get up in age, the worrying starts. Sorry to hear you are going to have to sell your home. That sucks! Hoping I’m not going to have to sell my home. If I can continue to work until 66 I should be fine, but that’s up in the air now. Three more years is all I need. So I will be trying to hold on.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

didn't realize you were already that far, thought you were closer to the city right now.

brother got pinched by that housing market crash as well
when my wife and I were on the hunt, looked into buying his house - we could get almost 2x as much house + lot size for the amount he still owed on his starter home.

so are you guys looking in the same area now for the downsize move?

my folks are dreaming of the day they get to downsize, need my other siblings to stop moving back in before that'll happen tho!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my folks are dreaming of the day they get to downsize, need my other siblings to stop moving back in before that'll happen tho!

And that is the perfect reason to do it NOW !!! i.e. Make it uncomfortable for anyone to move back. ..

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike being the second owner on my team in the Barbarians league. I cant change my team name.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike being the second owner on my team in the Barbarians league. I cant change my team name.
It's showing as FL TRUDEM ... is that not what you want ?? I can delete Sam if it isn't. ...

BTW - DID THE PICK LOTTERY FOR KOTF IN A SEPARATE THREAD. Will be doing likewise for Barbarians.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's showing as FL TRUDEM ... is that not what you want ?? I can delete Sam if it isn't. ...

BTW - DID THE PICK LOTTERY FOR KOTF IN A SEPARATE THREAD. Will be doing likewise for Barbarians.
I got it but thank you. I was missing something in plain sight

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
359 Days to go. Hurry up bitches

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like almost a week ago

tumblr_inline_p944piESsp1qeipxl_500.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're gonna post a gif from that movie you could at least include somethin with Anna Kendrick in it.

Given your BM usage in the horror thread I thought this would have been a no-brainer...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're gonna post a gif from that movie you could at least include somethin with Anna Kendrick in it.

Given your BM usage in the horror thread I thought this would have been a no-brainer...

Seriously, I can't stand Anna Kendrick. Just sayin'. :pound::pound::pound: