• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MDZ Arbitration Salary Award Poll

What will MDZ's Arbitration Salary Award Be?

• $2-3 mil

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • $3-4 mil

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • $4-5 mil

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • $5-6 mil

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • $6-7 mil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deal will be reached before arbitration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that will be the fall back plan if they can't find a taker for one of the other guys. Manning has played well in both of his stints with the big club. I think they'd like to keep the 2 cheap guys, Gudas and Manning, if at all possible. What do you think the chances are of Manning being claimed if they were to try to send him down? I'd think it's better than 50/50 he gets claimed.

I don't think it's quite that high. I wouldn't be shocked if he got claimed, but I'd put it at closer to a 25% chance he does. Especially not in the beginning of the season when everyone is theoretically healthy. He's a decent 3rd pair guy if you're desperate IMO.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's quite that high. I wouldn't be shocked if he got claimed, but I'd put it at closer to a 25% chance he does. Especially not in the beginning of the season when everyone is theoretically healthy. He's a decent 3rd pair guy if you're desperate IMO.

Yeah, not many players actually get claimed, but I didn't expect Ryan Stanton to be claimed by Vancouver from Chicago a few years ago.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not many players actually get claimed, but I didn't expect Ryan Stanton to be claimed by Vancouver from Chicago a few years ago.

That's true. Waivers is so weird to me sometimes. Guys you think would definitely get claimed, don't, then guys you think definitely won't get claimed, do. I would've thought someone would have claimed Akeson at some point over the past few years. Enough PP's out there could have used him.

Either way, I'm not going to be upset. If Manning gets claimed, so be it. I think there are enough far more promising players in the pipeline. I'd rather lose him to a waiver claim than give up a good asset to get rid of Macdonald, or take a raw deal to move Schenn.