• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy to Bills for Alonso

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to find.

I just don't get why you guys are upset about getting the leading rusher since 2010. Seriously, how hard will it be for Rex to find LB's? The answer is not hard at all!

I am not really that upset up but McCoy is on the downside and Kiko is on the rise. I am skeptical about trading for a smaller back that had problems running last year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's typical delusional Bills fan "logic": We all loved Kiko and thought he'd be an amazing fixture for years to come, but he gets traded and suddenly replacing him will be as easy as finding snow in the winter.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well johnson. We did BETTER last year without him. So how is replacing him this year any different.

Typical skeptical you. Bills can't do anything right. Even when they trade a bum knee LB for the LEADING RUSHER SINCE 2010. Who is YOUNGER than Spiller.

Like I said, I don't get your reasons. Kiko. Kiko? Wippity flipping doo dah.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty simplistic argument. Are you really trying to argue that the Bills defense played better BECAUSE Alonso was injured? There's probably 400 factors as to why that happened and none had anything to do with his absence.

The guy is a clear talent (when healthy). He's a huge asset to a defense. "whippity doo dah"? I don't doubt this is a direct quote from GM Whaley

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!

No I'm not saying we were better because he didn't play. Although our run D was better because of Spikes, so yeah, in a way we were. But what I'm saying is we didn't and won't miss him...especially if David Harris comes over from the Jets.

Shady however is 26 and has been a healthy stud his entire career. What would you prefer? Us sign Spiller? Gore? Chris Johnson? Seriously, you're all bent out of shape for a LB with a messed up knee and ONE year under his belt. What if Kiko stayed, played well and then held out in 2016 for a restructured contract? You'd be complaining about that too.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it was the scheme change that helped our defense out not necessarily getting players. Our players were better suited for the 4-3 base now that we are going back to a more LB driven defense and thinning out our LB corp for an aging RB it will be tough to replace what Kiko could have added to this defense.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What aging RB????? He's 26!!!

And David Harris is a consistent 100+ tackle, ILB pro who could come over.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What aging RB????? He's 26!!

And David Harris is a consistent 100+ tackle, ILB pro who could come over.

27 at the start of the year so he has 3 years until he hits the dreaded 30 mark for a rb.

Who said Harris is even coming here also I'll take a young Kiko over an aging Harris. With how deep the RB are this year and how many aren't first rounders anymore you can get a great RB in the 3rd or 4th round we still have Jackson and Brown. I don't see the need to trade for McCoy who for all we know was worn out by his monster year like Chris Johnson was.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, actually the fourth year would be his age 30 season, and yes, our D is set up now for a three to five year stretch of playoff readiness. Losing Kiko does not endanger that at all. If you think it does, I can't help you. McCoy is so much better than Dixon it's not even funny. And enough with the rookie RB's. None of the ones we'd get would be better than the trio we had before Shady. LB however, is ridiculously easy to draft...especially for Rex Ryan. You seem to be missing that point.

And I'll say again, Kiko only had two years left on his contract before he would want a major payday....if he makes it thst far without a THIRD knee surgery.

I really truly can't wrap my head around your thinking. You would prefer Kiko, Boobie and Brown (with Freddie) over McCoy (with Freddie ...and Boobie) and one of 20 LB that can easily fit in between Mario, Dareus, Williams, Preston Brown, Bradham and a very good secondary (less Searcy which is what I'm upset over).

Think about that for a minute please.

And David Harris is 31, not dead weight for a LB. He's a free agent in five days and Rex will get him to follow....I almost have no doubt.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask any GM/Coach in football who they'd prefer.

Kiko and Boobie Dixon

Or

Shady and David Harris

See how many agree with you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let me put it this way you remember how bad our run defense was, now substitute or leading tackler with Preston Brown. How well do you think that will work out? Our defense improved last year mainly because of the scheme.

It's not a finished product though. Certainly the Bills will make a move for a LB, quite possibly David Harris (124 tackles and 5.5 sacks for the Jets last year). Rex will most likely put on the full court press for Harris on day one of free agency.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask any GM/Coach in football who they'd prefer.

Kiko and Boobie Dixon

Or

Shady and David Harris

See how many agree with you.

Depends on whether their team is on the cusp of the playoffs or not.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, actually the fourth year would be his age 30 season, and yes, our D is set up now for a three to five year stretch of playoff readiness. Losing Kiko does not endanger that at all. If you think it does, I can't help you. McCoy is so much better than Dixon it's not even funny. And enough with the rookie RB's. None of the ones we'd get would be better than the trio we had before Shady. LB however, is ridiculously easy to draft...especially for Rex Ryan. You seem to be missing that point.

And I'll say again, Kiko only had two years left on his contract before he would want a major payday....if he makes it thst far without a THIRD knee surgery.

I really truly can't wrap my head around your thinking. You would prefer Kiko, Boobie and Brown (with Freddie) over McCoy (with Freddie ...and Boobie) and one of 20 LB that can easily fit in between Mario, Dareus, Williams, Preston Brown, Bradham and a very good secondary (less Searcy which is what I'm upset over).

Think about that for a minute please.

And David Harris is 31, not dead weight for a LB. He's a free agent in five days and Rex will get him to follow....I almost have no doubt.

I don't think it will make our defense bad but losing Kiko will definitely hurt our defense, there are no guarantees that Harris will come here its FA he has his choice where he wants to go. You seem to be under the impression that Rex can just pull LB out of his butt no matter what Kiko in his rookie year was 3rd? in the league in tackles. That's very impressive and hard to do. While history suggests that it is not hard to get RB later in the draft. McCoy himself was taken at the end of the second round.

You seem to be playing the what if game with Kiko and not McCoy sure Kiko could end up tearing up his knee again and never playing and McCoy could end up on the Bills Wall of Fame but it could just as easy be the other way around McCoys struggles last year could be the beginnings of a decline like we have seen in so many RBs and we just gave up one of the best up and coming LBs to get him.

Also the min the trade was announced reports surfaced that McCoy didn't want to be here. How well do you think he will be playing if he doesn't want to be playing here.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already changed his tune about that. That was just frustration boiling over in the heat of the moment.

You're the one playing thw what if game. You're saying what if Kiko's knee is good and calling a 1300 yard season a struggle. While saying Kiko might be one of the best, but McCoy has actually been the best over the last five years.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and some would say, ILB is the deepest talent in the 2015 draft. Forgive me for thinking we can get one. It's not like we drafted very good there over the last couple years... oh wait...Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham and Kiko might have something to say about that.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already changed his tune about that. That was just frustration boiling over in the heat of the moment.

You're the one playing thw what if game. You're saying what if Kiko's knee is good and calling a 1300 yard season a struggle. While saying Kiko might be one of the best, but McCoy has actually been the best over the last five years.

It still goes back to who is more likely to be better a guy who had trouble running last year after a big year and blamed it on his OLine. Which if it really was his OLine and not because RB have a short shelf life, how well is he going to do behind the Bills Oline. Or a young LB who almost lead the league in tackles in his rookie year. You state the ACL injury but those are more common now and players are coming back with no problems. Didn't Mathis lead the league in sacks coming back from an ACL tear and he is older than Kiko. In the long run Ill take Kiko especially considering the lack of any other really good LB on our team.

History is also not on McCoys side when it comes to RB, there have been many big time running backs that had great seasons and then fell off the face of the earth because their bodies just couldn't take it. I just hope McCoy isn't one of those backs.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also obviously the money isn't the issue we could have signed Murray we know he can handle the work load and still kept Kiko.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I give up. Getting an elite, consistently healthy RB for someone who didn't play a snap last year and has been injured in two out of five years.. Bottom line.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I give up. Getting an elite, consistently healthy RB for someone who didn't play a snap last year and has been injured in two out of five years.. Bottom line.

You might end up being right but I will always go with the younger player especially one that has proven he can be near an elite player. I just hope they have a plan in place to help out the LB position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also obviously the money isn't the issue we could have signed Murray we know he can handle the work load and still kept Kiko.

Seriously? DeMarco is older than McCoy, averages more carries per game, has missed 11 games in 4 years to Shady's 6 in 6 years, plus was injured in college as well (why he slipped to the mid 3rd round). The whole concern about the Cowboys' playoff chances last year was on Murray's durability questions, even with Romo playing with a busted back.

McCoy's 1319 yards last year only pale in comparison to his huge 2013. It was still his second most rushing yards in a season. His real drop off was in receiving, where Sproles took over a big share of the offense, and TDs, which were vultured by Sproles and Polk. He was used differently in 2014.