• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy to Bills for Alonso

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alonso was a favorite of mine....but damn! Big move for the Bills (which also knocks about $10M off their cap space).

I guess that settles the Spiller question, he gone. Now, do they bring back Spikes?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I'm thinking they make a stab at getting Hughes back...or I hope they do.

Shady!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think Johnson is right about Whaley I hate this move

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Spiller turns into McCoy for a linebacker coming of major knee surgery.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaley is a moron. This is typical Bills...grab another great RB but give up a great player and create a new hole to fill that didn't need to be there.

The first headline I saw just said the Bills landed McCoy in a trade. I was intrigued, but of course, wondered what did they give up? The first round pick for the 2016 draft was my first choice. Nope, just their best player from their 2013 draft.

The only way this move makes any sense is if Alonso never comes back from his injuries and goes on to have an injury-riddled career spent largely on the DL. Not something I want to wish for.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaley is a moron. This is typical Bills...grab another great RB but give up a great player and create a new hole to fill that didn't need to be there.

The first headline I saw just said the Bills landed McCoy in a trade. I was intrigued, but of course, wondered what did they give up? The first round pick for the 2016 draft was my first choice. Nope, just their best player from their 2013 draft.

The only way this move makes any sense is if Alonso never comes back from his injuries and goes on to have an injury-riddled career spent largely on the DL. Not something I want to wish for.
And all the sportscenter guys are saying the Bills got the better deal. Ummm pretty sure we didnt. We could have resigned Spiller for less and still had Kiko. Now we have a weak LB corps that wasn't very good to begin with.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early word is McCoy is not happy and does not want to play for the Bills. I suppose you can't blame him. I'm sure he'll suck it up and do his thing after the initial shock wears off.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early word is McCoy is not happy and does not want to play for the Bills. I suppose you can't blame him. I'm sure he'll suck it up and do his thing after the initial shock wears off.
I don't remember his name but he was a DT from the Eagles we traded a bunch of picks for him and he held out and eventually we moved him for a 5th rounder. I can see that happening

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are blinded.

1. There is no hole to fill from losing Kiko. Seriously guys. Come on. We were BETTER last year without him than two years ago with him.
2. We could not have signed Spiller. He was nit coming back...and btw, Shady is much better/healthier than C.J.

3. I'd like to know how we are all of a sudden "weak" at LB.

If you guys think it's easier to get a top tier RB than getting a good LB through the draft, you're on crack.

And 4. Kiko had TWO knee surgeries in five years.

Gimme a break with your belly aching.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko could be turning into Sean Lee with two knee surgeries already.

Spiller is actually older than McCoy and has underwhelmed (and may not have come back anyway).

McCoy has missed 6 games in 6 years and is coming off his best 2 years as a pro. It will definitely be a scheme change for him in Buffalo, but he also doesn't have Sproles to snipe all of his third down opportunities here. He will have Jackson to give him a few series off here and there to keep him fresh, but not like the Sproles situation stealing catches and TDs.

The one big issue is the report about McCoy being unhappy about the trade. Not sure how that is about Buffalo, as it was HIS TEAM that didn't want to pay him and wanted a more north-south runner. I guess Polk will be that guy for them. It's not like Chip wants him there. Send in Rex to smooth this over.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex will change his feelings I think. He'll make Shady feel more than welcome.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard a good explanation for this trade this morning. Rex is a defensive guy and believes he can get another linebacker to mold in his system, but really needs a starting RB. Chip is an offensive guy and believes he can get another RB to mold in his system, but really needs LB help. Easy match.

As far as creating another hole, the defense improved last year without Alonso. Not because Alonso was out, but they did improve substantially as a unit. This may mean Spikes is kept? Or Rex brings in one of his LBs from the Jets?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly shop, exactly. Good deal for both teams.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson: The Bills saved $10m in cap space doing this? I read somewhere the Eagles were the ones saving the $10 mil. Not sure which is accurate. Would seem to make sense Eagles would save since it's Shady McCoy and wouldn't Kiko still be getting paid rookie money? It's a HUGE factor to take into consideration so the accuracy of this is pretty important.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are saving.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are blinded.

1. There is no hole to fill from losing Kiko. Seriously guys. Come on. We were BETTER last year without him than two years ago with him.
2. We could not have signed Spiller. He was nit coming back...and btw, Shady is much better/healthier than C.J.

3. I'd like to know how we are all of a sudden "weak" at LB.

If you guys think it's easier to get a top tier RB than getting a good LB through the draft, you're on crack.

And 4. Kiko had TWO knee surgeries in five years.

Gimme a break with your belly aching.

We were better last year because of the system. Two years ago we had the worst run defense in the league or close to it. our LB under rexs system were Bradham Kiko and Lawson. With Spikes being a FA and Kiko gone guess who the LBS are Bradham Brown and Lawson. Brown is not as good as Kiko. So unless we want our run defense to look like it did two years ago we need to resign Spikes and hope we can find a couple more LB after that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to find.

I just don't get why you guys are upset about getting the leading rusher since 2010. Seriously, how hard will it be for Rex to find LB's? The answer is not hard at all!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson: The Bills saved $10m in cap space doing this? I read somewhere the Eagles were the ones saving the $10 mil. Not sure which is accurate. Would seem to make sense Eagles would save since it's Shady McCoy and wouldn't Kiko still be getting paid rookie money? It's a HUGE factor to take into consideration so the accuracy of this is pretty important.

I said "knocks 10M off their cap space", not 10M off their cap. The Bills used about $10M in cap space absorbing McCoy's contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were better last year because of the system. Two years ago we had the worst run defense in the league or close to it. our LB under rexs system were Bradham Kiko and Lawson. With Spikes being a FA and Kiko gone guess who the LBS are Bradham Brown and Lawson. Brown is not as good as Kiko. So unless we want our run defense to look like it did two years ago we need to resign Spikes and hope we can find a couple more LB after that.

You lost me. The Bills rush defense was terrible with Kiko playing two years ago, improved last year without him, and wonder how to avoid it looking like 2 years ago without Kiko?

They will definitely add LB help, whether it's retaining Spikes, bringing in one of Rex's guys from the Jets, via the draft, or free agency.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me. The Bills rush defense was terrible with Kiko playing two years ago, improved last year without him, and wonder how to avoid it looking like 2 years ago without Kiko?

They will definitely add LB help, whether it's retaining Spikes, bringing in one of Rex's guys from the Jets, via the draft, or free agency.

Ok let me put it this way you remember how bad our run defense was, now substitute or leading tackler with Preston Brown. How well do you think that will work out? Our defense improved last year mainly because of the scheme.