• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy to Bills for Alonso

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might end up being right but I will always go with the younger player especially one that has proven he can be near an elite player. I just hope they have a plan in place to help out the LB position.

All Alonso has proven is that he was highly productive the first month or two of his career. He tailed off as his rookie season progressed and is an injury risk. I was disappointed to see he was in the trade, but not enough to vote against the trade.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. His four picks all came in September. Two on Flacco, one on Geno. Good? Yes he was, but our run defense was not and we were 6 -10. Call it a scheme change, call it what you will.

In the end, it's someone who didn't play last year for a top three RB in his prime, not the downside. Not coming off a great year, but a better year than any of our backs have seen. Can't really blame him for only 5 TD. Not his fault he was held out for Darren Sproles in the RZ... something that makes sense now, Chip was phasing him out to have "an out" on his contract.

Opinions are opinions, but these are facts.
1. Our offense just got better.
2. Our defense did not get worse.
3. There are LB to sign like Harris, maybe Orakpo. You know, the guys who understand this scheme and won't have to learn it (. Whoever it is WILL be able to fit in a good scheme around good players.
4. If not McCoy, who? Jackson, Dixon and Brown would have been okay. Orton made it easier, but EJ and Cassel need something more. Spiller? No! Rather give Shady 10 mill, than he 5. Gore? No! That would be the risk of "age" you're harping about now. Murray? No! Wants a big pay day too, but unlike Shady, he's only done it ONCE! (as in a full year, and even still broke his hand)...shall I keep going?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did our offense get better probably but at the cost of what. I still say that we would have been better off going after a guy in the draft and keeping Kiko considering defense is Rexs strength. Its not like we were devoid of RB. That seems to be what the experts think Philly will do get a guy from the draft that doesn't have nearly 2000 carries under his belt. They also have Playoff and Super Bowl aspirations, why is it a good plan for them but wouldn't be for us.

You cant say our defense didn't get worst. You are looking at it compared to last year. You have to look at it compared to two years ago when we ran a very similar system as we will this year and that year we just traded our leading tackler. Also maybe Bradham figured it out but I didn't think he had that great of a year two years ago and I certainly don't want Manny Lawson back out there. So we have to hope that Brown gets the system quickly and improves form last year.

Maybe you are right and we needed a top end back and Jackson and Bryce Brown wouldn't be able to carry the load. That still leaves Whaley open to criticism, why did he waste a 4th round pick on Brown if he will never play?

Last thing and I hope I am wrong but years of being a Bills fan has made me expect the worst, but again McCoys year last year was not very good compared to some of his previous years. The advanced stats show that he was closer to average. Granted when his OLine was healthy he started to show that super star ability but unless we do something to upgrade G more than Incognito he will be running behind another terrible line. How will he be able to average more than 3 ypc behind our bad line when he couldn't in Philly?

Again I hope I am wrong and he has a Pro Bowl year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did our offense get better probably but at the cost of what. I still say that we would have been better off going after a guy in the draft and keeping Kiko considering defense is Rexs strength. Its not like we were devoid of RB. That seems to be what the experts think Philly will do get a guy from the draft that doesn't have nearly 2000 carries under his belt. They also have Playoff and Super Bowl aspirations, why is it a good plan for them but wouldn't be for us.

You cant say our defense didn't get worst. You are looking at it compared to last year. You have to look at it compared to two years ago when we ran a very similar system as we will this year and that year we just traded our leading tackler. Also maybe Bradham figured it out but I didn't think he had that great of a year two years ago and I certainly don't want Manny Lawson back out there. So we have to hope that Brown gets the system quickly and improves form last year.

Maybe you are right and we needed a top end back and Jackson and Bryce Brown wouldn't be able to carry the load. That still leaves Whaley open to criticism, why did he waste a 4th round pick on Brown if he will never play?

Last thing and I hope I am wrong but years of being a Bills fan has made me expect the worst, but again McCoys year last year was not very good compared to some of his previous years. The advanced stats show that he was closer to average. Granted when his OLine was healthy he started to show that super star ability but unless we do something to upgrade G more than Incognito he will be running behind another terrible line. How will he be able to average more than 3 ypc behind our bad line when he couldn't in Philly?

Again I hope I am wrong and he has a Pro Bowl year.

McCoy's rushing total last year was his second highest of his career, and still at a ypc average above the NFL typical average of 4. His receiving and TD totals were greatly affected by the addition of Sproles. He will also be a receiving threat of the backfield that the Bills need. With Spiller turning down the Bills' offer of 4.5m per, he was gone. Can't entrust the starting RB position to 34 year old Fred (or Bryce for that matter). With the needs at OL, TE, QB, etc, taking a RB early in the draft only lessens your improvement potential at the other need positions. Hopefully they can add some more OL help in free agency, but OT is notably light in available talent. OG is the bigger need, but there will be a lot of competition for the better guys.

Hightower23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about losing Alonso, yes he had a very good rookie year but as has been said he never played a snap last year on top 5 ranked D. I think the D stays top 5 without him but gain a top 3 RB in the league. I believe the improvement in offence trumps the loss on defence.

Until we are well into free agency and the draft is done and we know who has come in or gone out we can't judge the moves that have been made completely but as it stands I like this trade for the Bills.