• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide League Draft Thread

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he got the snitch.

That's good stuff. Not afraid to admit I've read every one of the books and seen every one of the movies. Could lie and say that I was doing research for my daughter but we all know that just wouldn't be true.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very briefly (I have an 11-year-old, remember): there's a soccer-y basketball-y game on flying brooms where you score goals, with the added twist that if somebody catches this zippy golden flying thing (the "snitch") their team automatically wins. Harry Potter flies fast on his broom so that's his specialty.

It's kinda like if the Cowboys were playing the Redskins and during the game Hankerson and Claiborne were running all over the field trying to catch a hummingbird, and if one of them did their team would immediately win, regardless of what else was going on.

I bet now Treff's gonna run out and buy all the books.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would..but I've really been considering upgrading my toilet paper quality, and those pages would probably chaff

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very briefly (I have an 11-year-old, remember): there's a soccer-y basketball-y game on flying brooms where you score goals, with the added twist that if somebody catches this zippy golden flying thing (the "snitch") their team automatically wins. Harry Potter flies fast on his broom so that's his specialty.

It's kinda like if the Cowboys were playing the Redskins and during the game Hankerson and Claiborne were running all over the field trying to catch a hummingbird, and if one of them did their team would immediately win, regardless of what else was going on.

ok, my true nerd is coming out - you dont automatically win when you catch the snitch. As the rest of your team is constantly scoring goals and racking up points, if someone catches the snitch, the game is over, but catching the snitch is only worth so many points, so in theory, if your team was really far behind, you could catch the snitch and still lose. I dont exactly remember the point values for everything, its been about 10-12 years since I read those books.

Also read the entire Hobbit/LofTR series, as well as Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones was best out of all 3, by far. Not much different that LofTR, but more violence and adult themed situations...right in my wheelhouse!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are going to let our fate lie with Hankerson? I don't like my chances there.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, my true nerd is coming out - you dont automatically win when you catch the snitch. As the rest of your team is constantly scoring goals and racking up points, if someone catches the snitch, the game is over, but catching the snitch is only worth so many points, so in theory, if your team was really far behind, you could catch the snitch and still lose. I dont exactly remember the point values for everything, its been about 10-12 years since I read those books.

Also read the entire Hobbit/LofTR series, as well as Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones was best out of all 3, by far. Not much different that LofTR, but more violence and adult themed situations...right in my wheelhouse!

Game of Thrones is the bomb..........haven't read the books but the show is pretty damn good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at the free agent list for this league. It is pretty hilarious. The most notable ones are:

D. Williams
Ahmad Bradshaw
Golden Tate

among many, many more players who are owned in every competitive league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm a little embarrassed that Mikel Leshoure is my 3rd RB and I don't have a 4th.

And the coma league is worse, as I reached for too many rookies, over some vets that will be of value.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll get even more hilarious.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked in to see who had Hardesty in the Coma League... it's Monkey, but his bigger problem might be Flynn, his only QB.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down goes JStew. Hope I don't need a RB backup in the meantime. Makes that undrafted DWill look even better.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at the free agent list for this league. It is pretty hilarious. The most notable ones are:

D. Williams
Ahmad Bradshaw
Golden Tate

among many, many more players who are owned in every competitive league.
In defense of all of us..at draft time Ahmed was a free agent, Tate was behind Harvin and Rice on a run first team...and DWILL'S biggest supporter isn't in the league. ;)

Sure does look silly now though!!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was curious to see what kind of craziness happened between our May Suicide draft and last Sunday's A league draft, since it's the same bunch of owners (except Duff auto-picked in the A League).

• First round was very similar. Rice and Spiller swapped 5/8 spots
  • Harvin #15 overall in the suicide (courtesy of me)
  • From suicide to A league, Ridley and Gore moved up ten spots from #29 (Duff)/#34 (Sam) to #19 (Fuzzies)/#24 (Sam)
  • Murray jumped up 19 spots from #42 (Sam) to #23 (Ram) - figure the injury fears kept him down in the suicide league
  • Crabtree at #30 in the suicide (Tlance)
  • Aaron "Harry Potter" Hernandez at #46 (TKO)
  • Gronk fell from #36 (Scape) to #52 (Monkey)
  • Torrey Smith fell from #47 (Scape) to #71 (Ram)
  • Le'Veon Bell jumped up a freakin' 44 spots from #69 (ww) to #25 (Sam), and apparently sprained his zatch doing it
  • Gio Bernard jumped 37 spots from #76 (ww) to #39 (ww) - after I saw what Sam did to Bell I wasn't going to let Gio suffer the same fate
  • Mathews and Sproles both jumped 27 spots from the 6th round (Duff and Lefty) to the 4th (Scape and Fuzzies)
  • Ball moved up 21 spots, from #67 (Monkey) to #46 (TREFF)
  • But this was all child's play to Shane Vereen, who jumped a whopping 59 spots from #109 (Scape) to #50 (Ram)
  • The award, though, goes to Bradshaw, undrafted in the suicide league and going at #53 (TKO) in the A league
  • Other top 8-round A-league picks undrafted in the suicide: Dwill at #66 (Tlance), Vincent Brown at #87 (ww), Hillman at #88 (Lefty), and Pead at #94 (TREFF)
  • Maclin went at #61 in the suicide (Scape)
  • Stafford dropped 29 spots from #53 (Duff) to #82 (ww)
  • Wallace, Wayne, Steve Smith all fell about 17 spots (probably because of all the early RBs).

I’d chalk up low draft positions for Murray, Gore and Mathews to injury fears in the fixed-roster suicide league, so in the short-term it looks like good early calls on Ridley (Duff), Bell (ww), Sproles (Lefty), Ball (Monkey), and Vereen (Scape).

Can’t include Bernard because I took him in both places myself, so maybe I’m just nuts.

or maybe genius and im riding your coattails im trading draft picks all over the place in my keeper league i've cornered the 4th and 5th rounds so i can grab him I believe in Wil
here's hoping the Football Gods do also:angel:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure whether that's bad that my name appears no where on Wil's summary? Or good?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked in to see who had Hardesty in the Coma League... it's Monkey, but his bigger problem might be Flynn, his only QB.

Dont mind the Hardesty loss in Coma, cause I would have taken Dion Broken Leg if not Montario, and would be in the exact same spot!

oh yea - not sure that I have activated my suicide/coma leagues - any possibility that Wil or someone can send me the invite for those 2 leagues?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Monkey -

You should be able to get to them from the Keepers of the Flame league page... if you follow the tabs that go League, My Team, etc... all the way to the right you'll see My Fantasy Teams; the other teams/leagues should show up there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks wil - I'll check up on that tonight, send ya a PM if Im still having issues

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OUCH. With Andre Brown breaking his leg and no fourth RB, Ram is now rolling with just AP and Ballard.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide Scorecard:

QBs: no news
RBs: 1 PUP (JStew), 1 out 4-6 weeks (A. Brown), 1 demotion (LeShoure)
WRs: 2 IR (Maclin, Danario), 2 8+ week injuries (Crabtree, Harvin), 1 suspension (Gordon)
TEs: 1 IR (Keller), 1 8+ week injury (Pitta)
Ks: no news

Coma Card:

QBs: 1 cut (Tebow), 1 demotion (Flynn)
RBs: 1 IR (Hardesty), 1 demotion (Forsett), 1 suspension (Goodson)
WRs: 1 IR (Joe Morgan)
TEs: 1 cut (Ballard)
Ks: 1 IR (Barth)