• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be clear if my roster is all the way down to plus 2 that are on the injured list and just need to be moved to IR I'm good?

it would seem rather silly to have to cut 2 players to then have to spend money to re sign them.

i should have read your question before answering... 3 IR only... but if a player is not on IR but is expected to go onto IR he counts as IR... but you still only get 3...

more accurately, you can not have over the 9 bench + 3 IR= 12 non starters

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this rule is not yet set in stone... just brainstorming best ways to prevent what happened this year...
I guess I don't know what happened last year... did I make a boo-boo? I picked up players not drafted in 2023 but they haven't played majors yet.
just came up with the easiest way i thought of...

and i didnt say no minors can be added... i said, if that minor leaguer you add does not see any action yet, he is still available for the 2025 MBBRL draft...
Adding a minor leaguer who hasn't played in the majors yet is what the minor leagues are for... no?
if the player pool locks the way it should, then we wont need a rule...
:thumb:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't know what happened last year... did I make a boo-boo? I picked up players not drafted in 2023 but they haven't played majors yet.

Adding a minor leaguer who hasn't played in the majors yet is what the minor leagues are for... no?

:thumb:

somehow a bunch of players from the 2023 Major league draft were availlable to be picked up during the season... and was...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somehow a bunch of players from the 2023 Major league draft were availlable to be picked up during the season... and was...

Oh.
Well that's an easy fix is it not? Drop them.

If a player drafted in 2021 has a good April/May in the minors, and someone picks them up, you're saying they would be put back in the draft pool after the season if they don't get called up?
I don't think that's what you mean... it just sounds like that.

You mean 2024 MLB drafted are off limits until 2025 fantasy draft.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should have read your question before answering... 3 IR only... but if a player is not on IR but is expected to go onto IR he counts as IR... but you still only get 3...

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind lowering IR and then raising it again

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about Baseball. We do it in the football leagues so people can not hide someone on their IR during the offseason.

I will be happy to fully and completely state which 5 players it will be. They're all injured. 4 of which are long term

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go to 5 next season
You know, on second thought…

Even though I’d lose picks I’ve traded for, Im cool with going down to 5.

Wasn’t going to use the picks I traded this year. And there’s no way I’m going use the six picks next year after the 5th round either.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to deal either of Stott or Gimenez for a decent starter. Let's not forget Gimenez was the top 2b 2 years ago fellas.

I'm not expecting a top flight starter here but back end rotation is a little silly. I will just stand pat then and hope my guys get healthy and some of these minors guys pan out.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even put my injured guys on the IL so I'll just take the penalty for an illegal lineup

Incredibly Scherzer is still not officially "out" to be able to be IRd lol

I'm kind of leaning that way also. My other issue will be seeing as Yamamoto was stashed in the minors (this is me assuming as such) I now see Clevinger and Bauer cannot be put there. Which is fine I guess as a rule change but kinda tough considering how the above was handled.

Not trying to hate as that was a phenomenal draft choice but definitely changes the scope of how things were handled after then.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly Scherzer is still not officially "out" to be able to be IRd lol

I'm kind of leaning that way also. My other issue will be seeing as Yamamoto was stashed in the minors (this is me assuming as such) I now see Clevinger and Bauer cannot be put there. Which is fine I guess as a rule change but kinda tough considering how the above was handled.

Not trying to hate as that was a phenomenal draft choice but definitely changes the scope of how things were handled after then.

Mine aren't nearly as drastic as that. Just 4 guys that are VERY likely headed for the IL as soon as the season starts, but the games a week early are going to make that a mess.

The rule really is pretty simple, I've got other dynasty leagues with similar rules. A player cannot be drafted or picked up if they haven't been signed by a Major League team either through international free agency or the draft. Any player that's drafted is ineligible to be picked up UNLESS they make the majors that same season they're drafted and IFA's can't be drafted until they are signed and are then eligible for the next draft.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even put my injured guys on the IL so I'll just take the penalty for an illegal lineup
most teams dont put guys on IR until the morning of their 1st game :suds:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine aren't nearly as drastic as that. Just 4 guys that are VERY likely headed for the IL as soon as the season starts, but the games a week early are going to make that a mess.

The rule really is pretty simple, I've got other dynasty leagues with similar rules. A player cannot be drafted or picked up if they haven't been signed by a Major League team either through international free agency or the draft. Any player that's drafted is ineligible to be picked up UNLESS they make the majors that same season they're drafted and IFA's can't be drafted until they are signed and are then eligible for the next draft.

yea man. 5 of my 6 main starters missing substantial time. one is Urias and the other 4 are all 6 plus months going back to when they were injured

Agreed on IFAs.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most teams dont put guys on IR until the morning of their 1st game :suds:

But clearly injured players that are being reported as not being available for opening day should be able to go on the injured list on Fantrax, especially if I'm being told I'll lose half of my FAAB just because I can't do anything. The games on the 20th also set the first day of the season and there's only 2 teams playing so what about the rest of my guys who aren't playing? How does Palmballs get to have Mahle on the injured list but I can't put Nootbar on the injured list when they have the same designation of injury right now? See my point now?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But clearly injured players that are being reported as not being available for opening day should be able to go on the injured list on Fantrax, especially if I'm being told I'll lose half of my FAAB just because I can't do anything. The games on the 20th also set the first day of the season and there's only 2 teams playing so what about the rest of my guys who aren't playing? How does Palmballs get to have Mahle on the injured list but I can't put Nootbar on the injured list when they have the same designation of injury right now? See my point now?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will again repeat what is the purpose behind waiting to opening day to increase the IR number back

I am most definitely not trying to "stash" anyone.

My injured list is

Garcia
Scherzer
McClanahan
Woodruff

all on 60 day

and then Sheehan won't be ready until mid April.

I know this will be the very same situation on March 27th at 1159 PM

So not only will I be getting punished for having effectively my entire starting rotation injured minus Eury in the sense my rotation sucks I'm also forced to drop an Injured player so someone else can sign them and put them on IR

how does that make any sense