• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL MBBRL D1 Waiver exemption poll

Waiver exemptions?

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear on my vote, can't speak for anyone else..but I consider this my compromise. No "penalty" on the draft pick "earned" by tanking, no extra "help" from the waivers, that's the trade off. Had that initial vote gone any other way, I would have voted, and advocated hard for, unlimited access to the waivers.

Yea, if the draft spot vote went the way i was expecting it to, i would have been ok with waivers... But i really wanted to propose compensatory draft picks... Like an extra 2nd and an extra 3rd... I guess a man can dream...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have stood back during all of this as enough was being said
however i admit im very surprised by this vote

we all had our chance to go to the waivers
and Bandit inherits a neglected team without a shot
i think that is ridiculous
i will not argue this as it is obvious you folks disagree
again not even 1 pick c'mon

This was my thinking too, but it was hard to know whether I was just being biased because it was me involved or not. I know this is already going to lose out, but there's no way that anybody can convince me that having the #1 draft pick has anything to do with making waiver transactions that everybody else could have made before the end of the season! I think everybody is getting caught up in this whole reward vs. punishment thing and since I am being "rewarded" with the #1 pick I can't be "rewarded" with waiver access as well. I get it. You guys don't want me to dominate next year with Damian Williams, Cole Beasley, Kenny Stills, and Dennis Pitta on my team. It's perfectly fine because as I stated, it will just make the decision to trade the pick that much easier since I can't get rid of any dead weight before the draft any other way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have stood back during all of this as enough was being said
however i admit im very surprised by this vote

we all had our chance to go to the waivers
and Bandit inherits a neglected team without a shot
i think that is ridiculous
i will not argue this as it is obvious you folks disagree
again not even 1 pick c'mon

Sure the team was neglected, but obviously with the goal of getting that 1.1 pick and using it to turn the team around. Watch and see Bandit turn that pick into a handful of useful players, then during and after the draft cherry picking any useful players on the WW. There are only so many roster spots and teams are going to have to drop players. Players most likely more attractive then what's on the WW now. Bandit is going to turn that team around quickly, just watch and see.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my thinking too, but it was hard to know whether I was just being biased because it was me involved or not. I know this is already going to lose out, but there's no way that anybody can convince me that having the #1 draft pick has anything to do with making waiver transactions that everybody else could have made before the end of the season! I think everybody is getting caught up in this whole reward vs. punishment thing and since I am being "rewarded" with the #1 pick I can't be "rewarded" with waiver access as well. I get it. You guys don't want me to dominate next year with Damian Williams, Cole Beasley, Kenny Stills, and Dennis Pitta on my team. It's perfectly fine because as I stated, it will just make the decision to trade the pick that much easier since I can't get rid of any dead weight before the draft any other way.

You are going to have at least 5 (and maybe more ) draft picks to replace dead weight, your going to find it hard to drop more players then 5 players from your team, in fact I predict that you will pass on your last draft pick.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm late for the party here but, if picking the left-overs off waivers is being seen as some kind of advantage, then why not just open them up to EVERYONE as a free-for-all (first come, first served) for a week or so ?? That way there is really no advantage to anyone. .... and those who are desperate enough to drop someone from their roster can do so. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOT="leftypower, post: 9564525, member: 4347"]I know I'm late for the party here but, if picking the left-overs off waivers is being seen as some kind of advantage, then why not just open them up to EVERYONE as a free-for-all (first come, first served) for a week or so ?? That way there is really no advantage to anyone. .... and those who are desperate enough to drop someone from their roster can do so. ....[/QUOTE]
What I is the purpose of locking WW ?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm late for the party here but, if picking the left-overs off waivers is being seen as some kind of advantage, then why not just open them up to EVERYONE as a free-for-all (first come, first served) for a week or so ?? That way there is really no advantage to anyone. .... and those who are desperate enough to drop someone from their roster can do so. ....
This is a good point. Since everything is settled there is no reason for the players to still be locked. Unless the website itself considers this the offseason and we arent able to make moves.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point. Since everything is settled there is no reason for the players to still be locked. Unless the website itself considers this the offseason and we arent able to make moves.
And @TREFF this isnt a shot at you. Given what happened last season I dont think any of this could have been avoided. However dynasty leagues are meant to mirror the NFL and teams are able to make moves after their season is over. Granted our league doesnt completely mimic the NFL but I dont see why things couldnt open once our SB has been played. That way we avoid interference with those still alive if that makes sense.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'mnot mistaken, the purpose for living the waivers is to allow everybody some time to breath and step away from fantasy football for awhile, and not be hovering on every little tidbit if info, and then be the first one to the wire, or try to have a life and nother be that first one to the wire and miss out.
If Andy Dalton dies in a plane crash, no one has to do what they're doing and run to their laptop to grab AJ McCarron, we're in the downtime..he'll be there to draft

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some time to breath and step away from fantasy football for awhile,

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist. Have you taken a breath yet? ;)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'mnot mistaken, the purpose for living the waivers is to allow everybody some time to breath and step away from fantasy football for awhile, and not be hovering on every little tidbit if info, and then be the first one to the wire, or try to have a life and nother be that first one to the wire and miss out.
If Andy Dalton dies in a plane crash, no one has to do what they're doing and run to their laptop to grab AJ McCarron, we're in the downtime..he'll be there to draft

Good point, yet if we opened it for a short period perhaps that would appease anyone who believes they are being short-changed. Perhaps we pick some milestone date, (Superbowl week only comes to mind) - then right after, or the week before, the NFL draft and open it up for the season. .... just thinking out load.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, yet if we opened it for a short period perhaps that would appease anyone who believes they are being short-changed. Perhaps we pick some milestone date, (Superbowl week only comes to mind) - then right after, or the week before, the NFL draft and open it up for the season. .... just thinking out load.
I would certainly be open to it. I honestly can't remember how the policy came about, how important it was to how many, but I think at this point with everyone operating under the assumption its over and locked, they are free to ignore the team for awhile and be a normal human being, it'd have to apply to next offseason. I know that week leading up to the NFL draft, and shortly after, we're trying to round everyone up to get our draft going, and once the draft is done, a 3 day waiver period cycles, and then it's open season again until Monday after week 17 , 2017 (or the super bowl should we chose to extend it)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broke2.gif

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my team loses and is over for the season I dont make any moves so I dont interfere with those still fighting for the title. It would be nice to have a little bit of time once the season ends to make some moves. I am fine with a dead period after that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my team loses and is over for the season I dont make any moves so I dont interfere with those still fighting for the title. It would be nice to have a little bit of time once the season ends to make some moves. I am fine with a dead period after that.
Trades happen once draft order is set. Treff is short 2 player for his roster. Other trades may happen that result in someone not having a full roster.......

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's an admirable strategy in redrafts, and I do that as well. But I have no issues doing whatever I feel is best for my team here in dynasties, in the playoffs or not.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's an admirable strategy in redrafts, and I do that as well. But I have no issues doing whatever I feel is best for my team here in dynasties, in the playoffs or not.

Welcome back.