• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marty maybe going to be a Canadien?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of all the teams he could sign with, this one would sting the least. In fact, the more I think about it I'm fine. We're going to be right at the edge of making the playoffs this season and even if the Devils decided to bring Marty back (there were some rumors saying that the door was open if he totally understood he was Cory's backup) I think we're better off with Cory starting as much as he can.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think it's the only way he saves face in all of this. Had he retired or accepted playing 15-20 games as the Devils backup, this would not be an issue. However, at this point Montreal is the only place he can go and no one would have a major issue.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...hang-on-for-another-nhl-season-135614653.html

we all knew that 700 was the factor but its nice to read it in print.

its funny that i was reading tg's blog last night and tg mentioned that once the devils gave cory the 8 year deal it was a "known fact" that marty COULDN'T come back to the team? i dont understand that at all. if someone could explain that to me?

Jeffs: The Clemmensen signing was discussed the day he signed. You, like some other Devils' fans, weren't able to understand what Brodeur and the Devils did a while ago - Brodeur could not come back in any role if they were going to turn the team over to Schneider completely as their No. 1. That was something that was very clear. Brodeur knew that and made the decision to move on well before it got to July 1. The Devils -- Lamoriello and Brodeur met several times on this after the season -- knew that and then made the move to sign Clemmensen on July 1 in case Keith Kinkaid doesn't show he is ready to be the backup behind Schneider. This is something I wrote about here before and after July 1.

thats an actual comment from tg.

why couldn't he come back? right now he is looking like a huge freaking joke dangling out there throwing hints at where he wouldn't mind going. please! one bad game in montreal and he will be chased out of the building is that really how he wants to go out?

this whole situation was handled insanely bad by both the team and marty. the team didn't have to sign clemmer on july 1st. i'm sure he would still be a ufa today so no rush there. hell go into the season with kinkaid as the backup if he doesn't pull his weight then give marty a call.

shame on marty for i guess wanting #1 starts? when everyone in the world knew he wasn't getting them. what will be even more "funny" is if he lands with a team and finishes the season with 699 wins

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
100 percent agree on your comment on signing Clemmensen.
Give the younger goalies a chance for the backup role. I also do not think Clemmensen's phone was blowing up early in July and could have been signed much later (plus cheaper) if it was clear Kinkaid or one of the other guys had a disastrous camps.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not to mention both the devils and Marty basically kept us from having a fairwell season from us. sure he got the last game at home last year but it wasn't even known if he was retiring. Really missed chance by the devils to profit from this. Believe me im not a fan of Marty but I think you throw him oit there at home against the crap teams its a win for the fans win for the devils $ win for Marty with the 700.

Now we will get to see him maybe do laps around the forum in Montreal for his last game. What an empty feeling

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His stats last year will look like veznia worthy if he goes there. West coast travel in that division and hell in that conference. Good luck lol

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would make sense his GAA goes up going to West.
But, with his passing and playing the puck ability, he might actually be a positive helping speed up the transition game with quick outlet passes the other way after puck gets dumped in. He always was a 3rd defenseman for the Devils in the more conservative eastern conference. In the West, 3-4 guys go in, I can see him creating odd man rushes the other way. I know he is already older, but he still could play the puck better than any goalie. Remember, if he played in the west, most likely, his own team would be more aggressive compared to most teams in the East. With Marty, they would probably take advantage and take off the other way after dump ins or if the puck is anywhere near him.