• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson Poisoned Team Against Festus Ezeli

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Jackson was just trying to get Ezeli to play better, to work on his game, catching the ball, not turning it over, etc. I've now forgotten what the article said about what Jackson did or said, but just knowing Jackson as an announcer and coach, it really doesn't sound like him....except that he did dismiss a few of his assistant coaches his last year. That was a little odd when you're entering the playoffs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Jackson was just trying to get Ezeli to play better, to work on his game, catching the ball, not turning it over, etc. I've now forgotten what the article said about what Jackson did or said, but just knowing Jackson as an announcer and coach, it really doesn't sound like him....except that he did dismiss a few of his assistant coaches his last year. That was a little odd when you're entering the playoffs.

Here's a summary of what he did with Ezeli:

Ezeli was injured and out for the year, rehabbing. Jackson told the team that Ezeli was rooting for the Warriors and his teammates to fail, because it would make Ezeli look better because he wasn't out there to help. The team confronted Ezeli about this, which brought him to tears when he denied it.

Seeing the way Ezeli is loved by his teammates, I believe they took his side with this one.

This cannot be in anyway construed as getting Ezeli to play better. This was just terrible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. I forgot the details of what exactly Jackson did. So, do you think Jackson was acting as though Ezeli wasn't really hurt that bad...that he could have been on the court rather than rehabbing? Wouldn't this be the only reason why Jackson would single out Ezeli this way?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Festus Ezeli is anything, he's sincere and loyal.

My opinion of Mark Jackson was in the gutter before I read that article. I don't know where it can go from here.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. I forgot the details of what exactly Jackson did. So, do you think Jackson was acting as though Ezeli wasn't really hurt that bad...that he could have been on the court rather than rehabbing? Wouldn't this be the only reason why Jackson would single out Ezeli this way?

The only way Jackson knew how to motivate the team was to be a "us against the world" mentality. He continued to preach how no one believes in the Warriors and they're always the underdogs who have to fight. That's cool and all until you start using your own players to promote that agenda.

He wasn't trying to imply Ezeli should have been playing. Jackson was simply trying to fire up the troops when he knew nothing else he did worked. He used Ezeli to tell his teams that their own teammate was hoping they fail in order to try to motivate them to play better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Jackson knew how to motivate the team was to be a "us against the world" mentality. He continued to preach how no one believes in the Warriors and they're always the underdogs who have to fight. That's cool and all until you start using your own players to promote that agenda.

He wasn't trying to imply Ezeli should have been playing. Jackson was simply trying to fire up the troops when he knew nothing else he did worked. He used Ezeli to tell his teams that their own teammate was hoping they fail in order to try to motivate them to play better.

If true, Jackson crossing the line is an understatement. Not sure how MJ thought throwing his own player under the bus and creating internal discord would help the team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, Jackson crossing the line is an understatement. Not sure how MJ thought throwing his own player under the bus and creating internal discord would help the team.

This sort of lines up with the problems Jackson had with his assistants.....dismissing two of them (right) some time after mid-season last year. Oh well, he's a good announcer.