• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners trade deadline thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores #27 for Yanks and Ramirez not in Top 30

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though this doesnt shock me one bit, it doesnt make it any less frustrating to root for a franchise run by idiots.

They should have bought more last year, they should have sold more in 2013. Every fucking July its the same shit story. Jackass is bumbling idiot but ownership and Lincoln are even dumber for keeping him this long. I mean they wont even trade away Ackley.

Until the entire structure changes they will always be losers. It sucks
Last year was such a great chance.

Still kills me.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK this team for not trading Iwakuma.

Is there some sort of revenue gain they get from Japanese viewers by keeping him on the roster? Some sort of endorsement deal where a % goes into Nintendo's pocket? That's the only reason to keep him, and would be in keeping with Lincoln and Nintendo's utter indifference to winning.

I wish I were exaggerating, but I just don't see how it's possible for this to be happening. The year is lost, and the team gains nothing by keeping him. We may not gain a lot by trading, but anything is better than nothing.

fuck fuck fuck fuck

And bye Ackley. Can't wait to see the Yanks fix his swing in about 2 weeks, and have him hitting like he did his rookie year.

fuck this team

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK this team for not trading Iwakuma.

Is there some sort of revenue gain they get from Japanese viewers by keeping him on the roster? Some sort of endorsement deal where a % goes into Nintendo's pocket? That's the only reason to keep him, and would be in keeping with Lincoln and Nintendo's utter indifference to winning.

I wish I were exaggerating, but I just don't see how it's possible for this to be happening. The year is lost, and the team gains nothing by keeping him. We may not gain a lot by trading, but anything is better than nothing.

fuck fuck fuck fuck

And bye Ackley. Can't wait to see the Yanks fix his swing in about 2 weeks, and have him hitting like he did his rookie year.

fuck this team

I'd put a substantial amount of money that Ackley will turn it around with the Yankees. He will never be all star material but he certainly will hit better than .210 with the Yanks.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores #27 for Yanks and Ramirez not in Top 30
Rameriz has good minor league stats since they converted him to relief. The Mariners desperately need him in their bullpen. He may go straight to Minnesota to join the team. i hope so anyway.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see that trash known as Ackley is gone. No more of that jekyll and hyde crap from him. I don't hate the guy or anything so if he learns to hit now then good for him.

But I'm happy he's gone.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
Sources: Despite well-under-.500 record, Mariners do not plan on trading Hisashi Iwakuma. Seattle telling teams ownership wants to keep him.

It's funny because if a white owner wanted to keep a player because he was white that would be blasted as extreme racism, but since they're Japanese wanting to keep a Japanese pitcher simply because he's Japanese, it's no big deal.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was such a great chance.

Still kills me.

Yep,

If they nut up and give up Walker or Paxton to get Price last year that could have meant a deep October run. Instead I have no idea if either Walker or Paxton can give you a full season. One is always hurt and the other only can locate a fastball.

Instead the Blue Jays are doing it despite a .500 record.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for Yankees-

CLMZQO1WEAA4YxD.jpg

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because if a white owner wanted to keep a player because he was white that would be blasted as extreme racism, but since they're Japanese wanting to keep a Japanese pitcher simply because he's Japanese, it's no big deal.

No trading Iwakuma? Good,I was starting to worry about Tony Suzuki's position as translator.I mean the guy's got to feed his family. :D

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for Yankees-

CLMZQO1WEAA4YxD.jpg
A Jewish boy in NYC. He'll do well. I expect him to hit .260 and exploit that right field porch in Yankee Stadum....

or.....

Succumb to the relentless expectations and pressure of the NY press and run screaming for less demanding locals like Tampa Bay or Milwaukee.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flores cuts down Ackley
6/3/15: Ramon Flores fields a single in left field and unloads a perfect strike to home plate to cut down Dustin Ackley