• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2014/2015 Offseason

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, is it just me that thinks this is about 90% overpayment?

I completely agree with you... The suggested players involved with that trade would be statutory trade r*pe.

Anything more than Erasmo Ramirez straight up and the deal wouldn't be worth it. Even then taking on his $18 mil per would be stupid especially because there were better players in FA that the M's missed on because of money.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you... The suggested players involved with that trade would be statutory trade r*pe.

Anything more than Erasmo Ramirez straight up and the deal wouldn't be worth it. Even then taking on his $18 mil per would be stupid especially because there were better players in FA that the M's missed on because of money.

100% agree. Ramirez is a perfect example.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This what I don't understand about baseball players. They are so mentally fragile. This is from Jackson regarding what happened to him in Detroit after they dropped him in the lineup.

“I’ve never hit that far down in the lineup before,” he said. “I was trying to rediscover who I was in my approach. It can be tough. It was my first time doing it. I did well for a little bit and then I started to struggle. It’s a different approach. You are hitting a lot with runners on as opposed to getting on and getting the offense started. I didn’t really get used to that spot in that lineup.

Now he’s preparing for a return to the leadoff spot. That approach feels normal. That feels like Austin Jackson.

“Just leading off and getting things started and trying to jump-start the offense, getting a lot of information for the guys hitting behind me,” he said. “It’s definitely a lot easier when you mentally focus on just being the player you are and not trying to be someone you are not capable of.”

Do these players realize you only naturally lead-off once per game? So what happens when he comes up in the 5th with runners on? Will he have flash backs and go into a panic attack? SMH!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread isn't showing up for me on the front page of the m's forum

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this on a Mariners site and was just flabbergasted (an old word) by the cost they say it would take to get Either. I think he is more name than production so i wouldn't even give up one of these players for him yet alone both.

I’m not sure what a package to acquire Ethier would look like. I would imagine a trade would center around one of the Mariners shortstops – most likely Brad Miller- and add an arm – perhaps Roenis Elias – and a prospect with the Dodgers picking up some of Ethier’s salary.

Back in 2010 I'd be in favor of it.

Now I wouldn't give up much for Andre Either and would expect the Dodgers to eat most of his salary. He is 32 and looks to be on the downside of his career. His defense is not good and his bat looks to be getting worse.

I wouldn't mind adding Either, but only if we didn't have to give up much for him and the Dodgers eat most of his salary.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies said business as usual and are staying there. Crazy stuff.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's okay, we have saunders.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's either cheaped out or they ticked Beimel off because why else would you leave the team you were successful on and who gave you the comeback chance for another team on a one year deal?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed Joe Beimels money to sign Rickie Weeks and Joe Saunders.

Would have liked to have Beimel back he had a good season for the M's.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't we offer quite a lot more to melky than what we spent on safeco joe and weeks?

we're talking about a few hundred thousand dollars.

the money is there, so that's no excuse.

it'll be interesting to find out what happened with this. ruffled feathers over token money (relatively speaking), or delusions of indispensability are what i would assume.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't we offer quite a lot more to melky than what we spent on safeco joe and weeks?

we're talking about a few hundred thousand dollars.

the money is there, so that's no excuse.

it'll be interesting to find out what happened with this. ruffled feathers over token money (relatively speaking), or delusions of indispensability are what i would assume.

I was joking. Kind of pointing out how Seattle can be selectively stingy with who they like to pay.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right over my head herp derp

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geoff Baker ‏@GeoffBakerTIMES 9h9 hours ago

So, as Forbes states, RSN profit alone from 2013 deal paid most of Robinson Cano's salary. And #Mariners owners profited $31.6M last season.

They made 31.6 Million with that horrible attendance? were people buying more merch or something? imagine how much these idiots would make if they were intelligent enough to put a winning product on the field...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made 31.6 Million with that horrible attendance? were people buying more merch or something? imagine how much these idiots would make if they were intelligent enough to put a winning product on the field...

A good tv deal guarantees teams making millions and their total profits of RSN would skyrocket even more had they not done their BS with bribing people to say no to the Sonics. I have a big problem with the Mariners right now with them not spending their basically free money. The sports television money is in the process of building a bubble and it is going to pop eventually and when it comes baseball is going to be hit the hardest since it is no longer a national sport as more opposed to a regional sport. Especially in the state of Washington, the Mariners need to be spending money with the payroll and the S&D department to get a new generation of life long Mariners fans.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, yep, and yep to last 3 posts.

Cheap ass bastards who like to just get buy in talent. $31M buys 2 very good players...but that is not our thing.