• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Fickell, come out to pla-ay!!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panic hiring a coach who just went 5-7 and paying them double their salary because no one else would take the job?

A lot better than Mike T. Tucker at least has a chance to make it more than two years as some lame duck transition coach.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot better than Mike T. Tucker at least has a chance to make it more than two years as some lame duck transition coach.

Yep — the guy is a great recruiter and is known as a big defensive guy, which is what MSU usually needs to build their teams around, as they aren’t going to get the skill position players many teams will get.

I think he will try to do much of the same, build a very good defense and a grind it out running game.

All things considered after whiffing so many times — getting Tucker is a best case scenario for them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we didn’t go full Tennessee, but pretty close.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, I do side with Michigan State on this. I do not believe that this would have been an open and honest head coach search with Dantonio at the helm. He has shown time and again that he cares more about taking care of his buddies rather than doing what is best for the team.

Michigan State’s offense took a tumble in 2015 and then fell off a cliff in 2016 and no changes were made. The offense was bad in 2017, nothing was done. 2018 the offense was a shitstorm and some fake, bullshit “restructuring” resulted in another bad offense in 2019, and again, no one even came close to losing their job.

Dantonio leaving like this puts him in the same category as Barry Sanders, he was an all-time great for the team but in the end he chose to be a selfish prick just to stick it to the organization.