• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Angels at our Texas Rangers Series Thread

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I say guys? When I go to games we win, and Nelly hits a bomb. Like clockwork

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same. The a's were loaded with young pitching. We're as thin as it gets in hitters.

Even with all that young pitching, there was still alot of unknown's for the A's then. Many weren't sure that their rookie rotation would hold up down the stretch without a veteran presence at the top. If Cruz goes down (which I still believe he won't) then we are in some trouble, but its far from over. Who knows, maybe Profar takes over in RF and goes bonkers, or he does the same at 2B while Kinsler moves back there. We still have Jeff Baker and E. Beltre as reserves, so defensively speaking we still have good depth there. In the end it all boils down to who starts picking up their game. Elvis has started doing that and Murphy absolutely has to start hitting how he has in past season. AJ and Soto and swap DH and Catcher to keep a bat there. Im still very optimistic about this season, even if Cruz does go down. Our pitching staff is the best it has ever been and can only go up from here if Lewis and Harry make it back in time. Our BP is also the best its ever been. Don't worry guys, there is still alot of baseball to be played.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I say guys? When I go to games we win, and Nelly hits a bomb. Like clockwork

alright, everyone start a pool, send the money to Terps....he's going to have to follow the team for the rest of the series

or you could take one for the team and cash in your IRA, whatever it takes.

:D

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with all that young pitching, there was still alot of unknown's for the A's then. Many weren't sure that their rookie rotation would hold up down the stretch without a veteran presence at the top. If Cruz goes down (which I still believe he won't) then we are in some trouble, but its far from over. Who knows, maybe Profar takes over in RF and goes bonkers, or he does the same at 2B while Kinsler moves back there. We still have Jeff Baker and E. Beltre as reserves, so defensively speaking we still have good depth there. In the end it all boils down to who starts picking up their game. Elvis has started doing that and Murphy absolutely has to start hitting how he has in past season. AJ and Soto and swap DH and Catcher to keep a bat there. Im still very optimistic about this season, even if Cruz does go down. Our pitching staff is the best it has ever been and can only go up from here if Lewis and Harry make it back in time. Our BP is also the best its ever been. Don't worry guys, there is still alot of baseball to be played.

Ian isn't going to the OF this season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people losing faith?

it's not about faith in the team, it's about losing one of our biggest bats when we really don't have the 1-9 offense we are use to ....you can only overcome so much
ya know?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think about tonight. You were a part of franchise history and witnessed a beautiful ROOKIE gem

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think about tonight. You were a part of franchise history and witnessed a beautiful ROOKIE gem

It was incredible. I knew Nelly was gonna go yack, but I thought he would again in the 9th. I was like if Joe gets out of the inning we're winning. But sure enough, beltre got it before he did.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also could've very well witnessed Nelly's last game with the Rangers. Its sorta sad

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not about faith in the team, it's about losing one of our biggest bats when we really don't have the 1-9 offense we are use to ....you can only overcome so much
ya know?

Its all about getting hot. Obviously it will get alot harder if Cruz is out and we won't have any outside help (except maybe through waivers), but look what the we did in 2010. We overcame and won a division no one thought possible. No one though we would get past Tampa Bay or the Yankees but we did. This year is far from over, its just about how we execute and when we do it. Momentum is on our side guys, and I think the winds of fortune are changing in our favor

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know?
I agree Lainey. Faith is not the question. How deep does the water get before you have to swim? Remove his HR and RBI'S and the water gets deep in a hurry.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Soto? His sudden resurgence gives us another power bat. We can keep him at DH and let him catch every once and a while to keep his bat in the lineup