• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very powerful move!. I think they have to say they want to stay in Oakland but I'm sure LA in a new stadium is where they want to be.

Maybe, but that shared stadium idea will force someone to change conferences and causes scheduling issues.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more of a leverage move for San deigo than the raiders. The raiders know this happening is slim because the Rams beat them to the punch. I think most of what is being said in the media is BS anyways because getting anything done in California can be like pulling teeth. All we can do at this point is just wait and see what happens. Until a team makes an actual statement saying they are relocating it's all hearsay.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we have now is a high stakes game of poker amongst billionaires to see who is going to blink first.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but that shared stadium idea will force someone to change conferences and causes scheduling issues.

Don't see why it's that big of a deal. We go to the AFC West and get to play governor cup twice a year wit KC and have in state rival. Chargers go to NFC west to stay close to division teams. I would miss playing the 49ers though. Oh and Peton will be gone so don't have to worry about him lol.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I read somewhere that the Raiders/Chargers had already purchased the land. That seems like a strong signal if true. Of course I guess they can buy whatever they want. I am against the Rams moving to the AFC. Just doesn't sit right with me. But you know the NFL never bothers to ask me about these things.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I read somewhere that the Raiders/Chargers had already purchased the land. That seems like a strong signal if true. Of course I guess they can buy whatever they want. I am against the Rams moving to the AFC. Just doesn't sit right with me. But you know the NFL never bothers to ask me about these things.

yes they own the land and its 3 times the size of Stan's land. the city of Carson wants this to happen bad. no tax money its all privately funded. but more importantly it will makes the NFL happy putting two teams in LA. solving the stadium issues of 3 teams at one time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stan owns his land as well and supposedly already has the necessary signatures. I don't see the Rams moving; it would make more sense to move the Seahawks back. The Chargers would to the NFC West, as I doubt anyone wants the nightmare of 2x SF/Oak games each year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan owns his land as well and supposedly already has the necessary signatures. I don't see the Rams moving; it would make more sense to move the Seahawks back. The Chargers would to the NFC West, as I doubt anyone wants the nightmare of 2x SF/Oak games each year.

Yeah they could move Seattle too. that makes sense. either way I think is good.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never thought the Rams were moving. But there are so many LA people on this board I just haven't had the heart too say it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never thought the Rams were moving. But there are so many LA people on this board I just haven't had the heart too say it.

I thought they were as good as gone. but i find it amazing out of no where this Charger/Raider alliance comes out. I mean no reporters in STL had a clue on this? but I think Peacock(the guy putting the STL stadium plans together) did know about this and thats why he has been getting this stadium moving so fast. He just couldn't say anything. makes sense.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I don't get this STL dropped the ball talk? the lease was just up. what was the city suppose to do build another stadium when the one they are playing in isn't even paid for its only 25 years old. how many cities have built 2 nfl stadiums in 25 years? none that i know of. when was the last time LA built a nfl stadium? and we are way ahead already to build another stadium. shit San diego has been trying for 12 years… the Raiders for ever. it took Atlanta years along with the vikings to get their stadiums going. we would be years ahead of the schedule any of those teams took.
I'll fill you in Coug, the city St Louis made a deal with the devil so to speak. A deal that required St Louis to have a top tiered stadium in the NFL to continue the agreement long term.

It was as unrealistic then as it is today but that 'lie', if you will, is what the city of St Louis bargained with to acquire the Rams from Los Angeles/Anaheim in the first place.

Remember, the City of Los Angeles/Anaheim then, much as the City of St Louis is doing now, was in negotiation to keep the Rams in Los Angeles/Anaheim.

One of the key factors in the negotiations that the City of Los Angeles/Anaheim could or would not meet or match was this unrealistic clause that the people of St Louis are complaining about now.

I was just going to weigh in on that whole Raiders/Chargers proposal. I honestly think THIS is what the NFL wanted all along. Raiders have already volunteered to move to the NFC West so essentially it would be Giants/Jets West Coast version. And yes, the Rams would probably move to the AFC West as it would make geographic sense with LA, Denver, KC and St Louis. Then the NFC West would be LA,SF,AZ and Seattle. At this point I think it is a question of who puts shovel to dirt first. But I also feel like that THIS was what the NFL wanted in the first place. Like retro said, we shall see. It is going to be an exciting 12 months.
I've often wondered what it might take to alienate me as a Rams fan.

A huge aspect of my allegiance is within the attachment to the NFC and the NFC west rivals, specifically San Francisco.

I've always been an NFC guys and I'm not sure I could roll in the AFC like that.

I guess if that were to happen, I would leave once again and see if my heart would return me to the horns just as it did when they moved to St Louis.

I think what we have now is a high stakes game of poker amongst billionaires to see who is going to blink first.
I have to believe these owners all agree that Stan has found a new way to leverage their goals, retro.

For the most part, I think the poker game is not amongst themselves rather with the current city officials their teams currently reside in.

Their play is very similar to the Shark Tank show where instead of 'opting out' these two other owners have followed Stan's lead and are 'opting in'.

What will most likely happen, one will fall and the other two will play in Inglewood or Carson, take your pick.

The land purchased in LA is of no consequence to these guys, real estate in Los Angeles is a sound investment, so as long as these guys get their stadium with public funds in their current cities then it a win for them.

If all three get a stadium in their current cities than the NFL will put an expansion team in the new stadium being built in LA. Thus the NFL gets 4 teams with new stadiums.

It's nearly an infallible plan and all these boys, including Goodell are in cahoots.

Hard to argue against the rich getting richer and that's what's happening here.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City Council approves the Inglewood stadium, time to get those Mayflower semis reved up

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City Council approves the Inglewood stadium, time to get those Mayflower semis reved up

You people REALLY need to get your facts straight. The city council approved the City of Champions Revitalization project. The LAND where the stadium MIGHT be built is only PART of that project and will ONLY be a part of the project IF Kroenke is actually able to move the team. You really do not think he is going to drop a single dime to start construction on a stadium he may not play in himself, do you? This is not over yet, by a long shot. It is a HUGE hurdle jumped for Kroenke but there are still many hurdles to go. Your statement makes it seem like he can just pack up tomorrow and go, which he cannot.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You people REALLY need to get your facts straight. The city council approved the City of Champions Revitalization project. The LAND where the stadium MIGHT be built is only PART of that project and will ONLY be a part of the project IF Kroenke is actually able to move the team. You really do not think he is going to drop a single dime to start construction on a stadium he may not play in himself, do you? This is not over yet, by a long shot. It is a HUGE hurdle jumped for Kroenke but there are still many hurdles to go. Your statement makes it seem like he can just pack up tomorrow and go, which he cannot.

You are right, they can't leave, but a step closer.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You people REALLY need to get your facts straight. The city council approved the City of Champions Revitalization project. The LAND where the stadium MIGHT be built is only PART of that project and will ONLY be a part of the project IF Kroenke is actually able to move the team. You really do not think he is going to drop a single dime to start construction on a stadium he may not
play in himself, do you? This is not over yet, by a long shot. It is a HUGE hurdle jumped for Kroenke but there are still many hurdles to go. Your statement makes it seem like he can just pack up tomorrow and go, which he cannot.

Well, I'm not sure? If he got Stlouis to build him a stadium and built one himself, isn't that a win win for him. He plays in the "free" stadium built for him and he rents out his stadium and make a buttload of money in the long run?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm not sure? If he got Stlouis to build him a stadium and built one himself, isn't that a win win for him. He plays in the "free" stadium built for him and he rents out his stadium and make a buttload of money in the long run?
Buttload. Ok whose butt? Cause if its Kim K's Butt then we are talking real money.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically they can leave. Davis did it, and then won in court against the big bad NFL. Stan isn't afraid to do what he wants.

Will the Rams actually move? Who knows. :deadhorse:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buttload. Ok whose butt? Cause if its Kim K's Butt then we are talking real money.

I'm not really sure what that thing is? "butt" I don't think it's a butt, it might be another planet and I don't mean because her butt is out of this world! "butt" there is already a planet called Uranus!