• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Long Beach State @ AZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaaaaa buddy! Finally found a spot to talk about my cats! Espn ruined our convos!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford came back and made it look not as bad as it was. High scoring game to say the least.

BYU 112
Stanford 103

afoshie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who can't get enough. My take on the game. New Arizona basketball correspondent for isportsweb.com. Bear Down and feel free to share if you liked it. Thanks for considering.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the Wichita St. Western Kentucky game start so late?? its only halftime and it must be what 1-2 am in Kansas?

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next game vs .s.d.s.u is on cbs sports network! That sucks! Looks like ill be hearing the third straight on the radio. Thanks a lot pac 12 network. You trully do care about the fans. Sorry mofos.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gets cbs sports network!! wtf is this?? try using first row sports or vipbox.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gets cbs sports network!! wtf is this?? try using first row sports or vipbox.

I don't have internet. I'm using a 5 year old, cheap looking phone right now. Lol

Remember the good old days when every FB and BBall game was shown on regular tv. I miss those days. :bawling:

SinisterCat

Sinister Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the team everyone had expected to see, not knocking their opener, after all it is the first time on the floor in a game that is not exhibition. Perhaps Cal Poly is a solid team as well?

In any case I cant say enough about what I am seeing from this team. T.J. McConnell is the point guard we all hoped he would be, and Aaron Gordon is a mother***ing beast! (can I swear here?) The defense is suffocating and the offence can finish in transition on the fast break. I like what I am seeing. Possibly it is an aberration of lesser competition, and much still remains to be seen. But DAMN. Bring on SDSU! Time to sacrifice some Aztecs. BEAR DOWN!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it's been a while since our team has made watching basketball fun again! Our next game should be a good test for our team. I'm sure SDSU has revenge on their mind after NJs black last year in Hawaii. The good days are back!!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Zona team looks like they're gonna be fun to watch this year. I'm still waiting for York to be on the other side of the alley-oop though :)

Zona's defense looked great, but LBSU's offense looked horrible, so....

Hoping the Aztecs put up a good fight, SDSU and Rutgers are Zona's best chance at being tested before the (potential) Duke game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want the Aztecs to put up a fight? I want to blow them out of their building.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want the Aztecs to put up a fight? I want to blow them out of their building.

Fair enough, I certainly won't complain if that happens.

I just know that Duke is going to be come into the game against Zona (if the game happens) well tested and ready, and I'm hoping Arizona will be ready for it. That game and the Michigan game will go a long way towards determining Zona's ranking going into conference play.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I certainly won't complain if that happens.

I just know that Duke is going to be come into the game against Zona (if the game happens) well tested and ready, and I'm hoping Arizona will be ready for it. That game and the Michigan game will go a long way towards determining Zona's ranking going into conference play.

Yeah I see what you're saying. My thought is that if Arizona blows out an unranked SDSU instead of going down to the wire with them they will continue that confidence into the tournament with Duke. There is no way we would take Duke lightly anyway. Plus I just hate the Aztecs and their retarded whiny fans.

SinisterCat

Sinister Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I just hate the Aztecs and their retarded whiny fans.

:agree:But, You don't have to live with them. Their petulance level increases exponentially. They are such a dominant team in that loaded Mountain West conference after all! I mean they have to play UNLV, New Mexico, and... ummm.. Wyoming? And, have you seen their arena? That's big time right there! Though, admittedly, it is a nice facility. Plus they have won 3 postseason games. AMAZING! Fisher is a great coach that lead Michigan to Championship 24 years ago, and could do it again! I HOPE ARIZONA CRUSHES THEM, if only to let me taste their tears.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that SDSU's ability remains to be seen. However, what is certain, is that their house will be packed with loud (albeit, delusional) fans. That is what I think we really need to face with the freshmen, York, and TJ. We need to get them in front of a unruly crowd. And Coach Fisher is a good coach, so I think they should be at around the Cal Poly level, and better. No way we are blowing them out.

All of that being said, I fucking hate SDSU fans. They have no sense of historical, or present, perspective. They are on their own little island of delusion. At least the Zags have been respectable for a decade. SDSU was nothing before 2011. On the ESPN board, they hang their Sweet 16 appearance over UNM like it's a Final Four. One of them posted that they don't know why people still think they are rebuilding, when they are obviously reloading. Are you kidding me? What are you reloading from, 3 tourney wins in the last three years (which are the only three your entire program has, total)???? They didn't even win their conference last year. And half of their "dominance" over the Pac during their "consecutive win streak" was against Utah, when they weren't even with the Pac. They actually only beat one Pac team that has made it to the dance. I could go on and on, but I'm preaching to the choir. They actually think that they would win -if we played our best basketball- if they just play their best basketball. For SDSU to win, we have to completely melt down, and I just don't see that happening with all the weapons at Miller's disposal.