• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Long Beach State @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 72 hours away!! I can't wait. Add on, learn, move forward.

Honestly guys, not to put the blinders on, but there were so many good things to point out from the CP game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly guys, not to put the blinders on, but there were so many good things to point out from the CP game.

I agree. Looking back on the stats we shot very well (57% overall WOW, 45 % from the arc, bad FT shooting though) We probably had opening night jitters. Personally I think our stats look better than we played. We should have beat them by at least 20 considering our ranking and potential. I look forward to Zeus and McConnell playing better in the next game. I also don't expect Johnson to be in the background as much as he was this past game. I was happy with Rondae and especially YORK CITY BABY!!! So happy for York. He seems so confident and I love it. Mayes?? :doh::noidea: He has no confidence. Hopefully Miller doesn't just put him in because he's a senior. We need better production than that. Mayes doesn't even play like a PG anyway. Look at how he takes the ball up the floor and he does the SAME EXACT THING every time, which is handing off the ball to the nearest teammate. I would take Johnson and York handling the point over him. Gordon was Gordon. Which is a good thing. Unlimited fuel tank. He was the player of the game imo vs Cal Poly.

Sorry for the long single paragraph rant. Been drinking a little.

BEAR DOWN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I agree too. The FT shooting is a correctable issue, and many of the players who shot poorly last night are actually good FT shooters. I guarantee you that TJ doesn't go 0-3 again, he is a career 76% FT shooter and shot 86% as a sophomore. Aaron Gordon, on the other hand, has never been a good shooter from the line. Expect him to hover around the 50-60% range all year long.

The positives, such as FG% and FG% defense are obvious, looking at the box score you would think that it was a 20 point blow out, but to me, this is the best possible scenario: The team (aside from FT shooting and Mayes' TOs) played well, and the Freshmen/Newcomers played well... but none of the players last night played great, so coach Miller has a lot of teachable moments to draw upon.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think about this game? Looks like they have a stud in Caffey, but he seems like he's just all over the map; average fg% but lots of points. I see our back court shutting him down. And they have a 6'9" 245 lb monster in the middle, but I think he's a perfect defender for Zeus. He's not going anywhere, and he's not very tall. Other than those two, they really don't seem to have anyone. They only beat Hawai'i Pacific by 12, at home. LBSU shot 27 3 balls, and only made 6 (22%). I'm not sure if HP's perimeter D is that good, or if LBSU just likes to just fire from long. But count on them trying to live behind the arc. If they go a look at Odister from Cal Poly game film, they will be chomping at the bit to do the same. I just don't think it will happen though. That kid was a phenom, and I see Miller crunching on perimeter D this weekend. Now, obviously a weak perimeter defense can't be solved in a weekend, but I think he makes some adjustments, so that we don't miss assignments. I think this is a good matchup for us. I also don't see us shooting 44% from the charity stripe in the first half, so that should help.

Hopefully this game let's us showcase some nice post play, improved perimeter defense, and some lobs to the jumpers!!! We need to get those guys on some highlight reels!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the UW/Seattle game. So Desmond Simmons was injured this past week, and is out for 6-8 weeks. Less than 2 minutes into the game though, Jernard Jarreau gets injured. Now, CJ Wilcox is playing the 4, in some sort of 4-guard set. UW is a dumpster-fire.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, Oregon State just lost to Coppin State. Fuck!!!!!!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Oregon State fans on the espn boards. Post "the great migration" were saying that the rest of there team was sleeping on them and they have some good players.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is my pic not showing? I already set it up.:L

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually better than the ESPN boards from a year ago.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAZZZZZUUUUUPPPPP!:gaah::gaah:

Welcome! Glad to have ya. Not sure what the hold up is on your avatar, although it might take a bit for them to approve it. Looking forward to talking AZ sports with ya!:suds: